Votes: 11 9.1%
  • ICS UI

Votes: 13 10.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

mua30

Sep 27, 2008
Amman
MOUNT LINK2SD PARTITION (i.e. EXT PARTITION) AS SYSTEM MEMORY (i.e. 157 mb default)

this is for the partition structure created to use with link2sd (ie fat, ext, fat32)
REMOVE ALL SCRIPTS U ARE USING TO MOUNT EXT PARTITION AND MAKE A TITANIUM BACKUP OF ALL APPS
FLASH THE ATTACHED BOOTINT.IMG USING CWM (DO A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST AND RESTORE DATA ONLY AFTER FLASHING)

OR

extract init.rc of boot.img and edit it. (for extracting u need Cygwin for windows and dsixda-Android-Kitchen or kernel kitchen, google about them)

do the following in init.rc
1. search 'on fs'
on fs
comment out 'mount yaffs2 mtd@userdata /data nosuid nodev' with #
like this
# mount mtd partitions
# Mount /system rw first to give the filesystem a chance to save a checkpoint
mount yaffs2 mtd@system /system
#mount yaffs2 mtd@system /system ro remount
#mount yaffs2 mtd@userdata /data nosuid nodev
mount yaffs2 mtd@persist /persist nosuid nodev
mount yaffs2 mtd@cache /cache nosuid nodev
mount yaffs2 mtd@persist /persist nosuid nodev

now on 'on emmc-fs'
replace

wait /dev/block/mmcblk0p21
exec /system/bin/demigod_make_ext4fs -l 160M /dev/block/mmcblk0p21 /data
exec /system/bin/e2fsck -y /dev/block/mmcblk0p21
mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p21 /data nosuid nodev noatime barrier=1 data=ordered noauto_da_alloc errors=continue
with

wait /dev/block/mmcblk1p2
exec /system/bin/demigod_make_ext4fs -e /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /data
exec /system/bin/e2fsck -y /dev/block/mmcblk1p2
mount ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /data nosuid nodev noatime barrier=1 data=ordered noauto_da_alloc errors=continue

save it

pack the boot.img and flash it using cwm
if u have any cwm flashable package with u then extract 'META-INF>com>google>android>updater-script' and edit it with notepad++
delete everithing it it and paste this

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/tmp/boot.img");
assert(run_program("/system/bin/dd", "if=/tmp/boot.img", "of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9")=="0");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "umount", "/system");

save it and drag and drop it to it's location, i.e. 'META-INF>com>google>android> here'

now drag and drop boot.img in the zip (no folder, the zip itself)
make a nandroid backup and flash this.

now, advance restore ONLY data using cwm recovery and reboot

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, RATE AND PRESS THANX BUTTON IF I'VE HELPED YOU IN ANY MANNER

Dear Brother,

Just a question, can i do it without do rooting the device!???
Also can this step be done on internal SD not external!!

waiting for your reply with many thx :cyclops:

Reactions: sasiurfrend

Mitio

May 9, 2013
Sofia
MOUNT LINK2SD PARTITION (i.e. EXT PARTITION) AS SYSTEM MEMORY (i.e. 157 mb default)

this is for the partition structure created to use with link2sd (ie fat, ext, fat32)
REMOVE ALL SCRIPTS U ARE USING TO MOUNT EXT PARTITION AND MAKE A TITANIUM BACKUP OF ALL APPS
FLASH THE ATTACHED BOOTINT.IMG USING CWM (DO A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST AND RESTORE DATA ONLY AFTER FLASHING)

OR

First of all, many thanks for your various guides in this thread.
My little question is, where is this bootint.img located? I assumed it was an attachment somewhere in the thread, or have I missed something fundamental in this explanation?

androot3r

Apr 18, 2013
My network don't work and wont turn on its says error with network and every time I try to install a cm9 based rom or aopk rom I cant turn wifi on plz help

i love metal

Jul 11, 2011
Battery drain

i have the e400.
i rooted the device and used the link2sd mode.
all was good and it is working great accept for one thing, it takes way too much time to charge, i mean the device was in charge for 10 hours and it got only 50% and the battery now runs out like 10 times faster then it used to, is there any fix for it or is it just a bug in my device?
if it is in mine can you please post how to unroot the machine?
thanks

kluck

May 21, 2013
rooting update

It only works if you have previously installed "Android Terminal Emulator" on your E405. Can be installed from Google Play.

Else you will be stuck in the script of step 8.

Thank you!

ALL TWEAKS AND MOD FOR E405 WILL BE ADDED HERE TIME TO TIME
SO PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND PRESS THANX BUTTON IF I'VE HELPED YOU IN ANY MANNER

all these mods are tested by me and/or others. still if any of them bricked ur phone, that will be only ur fault. test or use any of them at ur own risk.

Rooting-
23875_171328036339019_1351566604_n.png

Working-tested by me.

PLEASE CHARGE YOUR PHONE AT LEAST 60% BEFORE DOING THIS

No. of steps-10

1. Download and install LG United Drivers From Official Site
(see pic to know what to download)
2. Download SuperOneClickv1.7-ShortFuse.zip

3. Disable your antivirus as it can block or can delete any file without your permission between the completion of whole process leaving you a soft bricked phone. SuperOneClick will run an exploit, your antivirus can show it as a virus or infection but after the process you can do a full system scan and there will be no virus in your system.

4.Extract SuperOneClick to desktop or any drive.

5. Connect your device to PC through data cable and connect in PC Software Mode.

6. Now go to Settings-> Applications-> Development-> Enable USB Debugging (in your phone)

7. Go to the folder where you have extracted SuperOneClick and run SuperOneClick.exe (see pic) (1)

8. Now select rageagainstthecage (2) as you can see in the pic and click on ROOT (3).

9. Wait for a while till you can see rooted and it will ask you to run a superuser command, say yes or no its up to you. yes is preferred.

10. Close SuperOneClick, Disconnect your Device. You can see a new app in there 'Super User', run it. If it starts.
Congrats, you are rooted but if it get force closed, then just connect device with usb debug enable and run superoneclick again with rageagainstthecage as mentioned above, this time you'l be rooted.

Reactions: sasiurfrend

Ayunka

Oct 20, 2011
Bogor The Rain City
I've rooting my phone (lg optimus l3 II E435) , but now I can not move apps to external storage even though I have installed Link2SD with 3 partitions it only works for "linked" not move to sdcard, its say app2sd is not supported by your device. because your primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage" anyone can help?? :(

sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

hoanganspk

Jun 7, 2013
Million thanks for your work, buddy. However, I have a small problem here. Everytime I restart my phone, the recovery screen is always coming up. Then I must select command "Reboot" to restart my phone normally. How can I solve this problem. Hope to hear your rely, buddy

Last edited:

vgustyv

Jun 14, 2013
Does the "Move All Existing Apps to the SD Card (internal sd) WITHOUT ROOTING" method works for lg e400 also?
Thanks

vgustyv

Jun 14, 2013
Just finished doing the "Move All Existing Apps to the SD Card (internal sd) WITHOUT ROOTING".
Should i be able now to move ALL applications(including the phone maine applications) to SD/internal memory?
Because i just had facebook application on my phone memory(couldn`t move it before doing this) and now i moved it to internal memory but that`s all.

Kumarankav

Mar 6, 2012
Chennai
I deleted contacts.apk accidently, now i don't have dialer and contacts app on my device.. i can manage it with alternative dialer apps from market. But i could not add or update the existing contacts without the stock contacts.apk.. can any one upload it for me?

ar.amal

Jul 1, 2013
rom for lg optimus L3 e405

Please upload a rom for lg optimus L3 e405. I rooted the phone.But I cannot find arom for the phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ALL TWEAKS AND MOD FOR E405 WILL BE ADDED HERE TIME TO TIME
    SO PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND PRESS THANX BUTTON IF I'VE HELPED YOU IN ANY MANNER

all these mods are tested by me and/or others. still if any of them bricked ur phone, that will be only ur fault. test or use any of them at ur own risk.

Rooting-
    23875_171328036339019_1351566604_n.png

Working-tested by me.

PLEASE CHARGE YOUR PHONE AT LEAST 60% BEFORE DOING THIS

No. of steps-10

1. Download and install LG United Drivers From Official Site
    Link-http://www.lg.com/in/support-mobile/lg-E405
    (see pic to know what to download)

2. Download SuperOneClickv1.7-ShortFuse.zip
    Link-http://www.mediafire.com/?6f1sttgi1rc1q72

3. Disable your antivirus as it can block or can delete any file without your permission between the completion of whole process leaving you a soft bricked phone. SuperOneClick will run an exploit, your antivirus can show it as a virus or infection but after the process you can do a full system scan and there will be no virus in your system.

4.Extract SuperOneClick to desktop or any drive.

5. Connect your device to PC through data cable and connect in PC Software Mode.

6. Now go to Settings-> Applications-> Development-> Enable USB Debugging (in your phone)

7. Go to the folder where you have extracted SuperOneClick and run SuperOneClick.exe (see pic) (1)

8. Now select rageagainstthecage (2) as you can see in the pic and click on ROOT (3).

9. Wait for a while till you can see rooted and it will ask you to run a superuser command, say yes or no its up to you. yes is preferred.

10. Close SuperOneClick, Disconnect your Device. You can see a new app in there 'Super User', run it. If it starts.
    Congrats, you are rooted but if it get force closed, then just connect device with usb debug enable and run superoneclick again with rageagainstthecage as mentioned above, this time you'l be rooted.

CWM Recovery

Credits to dansh for build the first version of CWM Recovery for E405, all below versons are mine with changes

(See video tutorial if having any problem, links below)

1. Download terminal emulator from given links and install it to your E405.
    (google play)-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=en
    (apk)-http://www.papktop.com/android-terminal-emulator-1-0-32.html

2. Download the Recovery file from the link.

CWM (normal version for user's not using link2sd and 3 partition system)
    http://www.4shared.com/file/PSf8-KOF/cwmrecovery.html?

Stock Recovery
    http://www.4shared.com/file/V0-hm93J/recoverystock.html?

3. Connect your E405 to pc in mass storage mode and move/copy 'cwmrecovery.img' to Internal SD (1GB)

4. Run the Terminal Emulator (see video tutorial for ease, links below)
    Now, type the following commands-

after $ type
    su (press enter) (terminal'll ask for superuser permission, grant it)
    you'll see this
    #
    now type after #
    dd(single space here)if=/sdcard/cwmrecovery.img(single space here)of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 (press enter)

above command should look like this in terminal-

$ su
    # dd if=/sdcard/cwmrecovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17

you'll see 'some records in some records out etc etc'
    press the back soft-key to exit the terminal.

you can use 'recoverystock.img' by just replacing 'cwmrecovery.img' in all commands.

You can reboot to recovery by pressing and holding volume up (or down, hard reset gone, you can use recovery to reset your phone now) when the device is powering on.

See the images to know how to make a back up using CWM Recovery.

Videos-
    Old Recovery Wroking-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7vckwBHWyY&feature=youtu.be

VIDEO TUTORIAL-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r8YpHQJTeo&feature=youtu.be

UPDATE:
    New CWM Recovery for link2sd and 3 partition system users.
    Flash using old CWM Recovery and reboot to recovery.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?s1bgcmf80a87xbd

Features of link2sd version-
    This will mount and backup in third partition of ur sd card instead of first
    1st-fat (smallest size) <--------- Previous recovery backup and mount location
    2nd-EXT4/3/2 1gb
    3rd-Fat32 (rest of the space) <--------- this recovery mount and backup in this partition.
    this version will make backup of
    system, data, cache, recovery, boot and also .android-secure

Another version is under testing
    Features-
    will backup sd-ext (all apps linked by link2sd)
    wipe option added for sd-ext
    complete backup of the phone (nothing left)
    test backup was of size 1.5 gb
    will be out soon.

Link2SD

1. Download and install Link2D from any given link.

2. Root your phone (if not rooted) (guide is previously posted on the page).

3. Download a Partition manager (Link given).

4. Insert your card in card reader and back up all your files to the computer because partitioning will wipe your data.

5. Open Mini Tool (partition manager's name) in your computer. Locate your SD card (be careful in choosing and make sure not to choose the drive of your computer).

6. Right click and choose Delete.

7. Again Right click and create a FAT (not fat32) PRIMARY partition and choose the smallest size possible.

8. Then create a EXT2 PRIMARY partition of 1 GB (not bigger) which will be used with Link2SD.

9. Create a FAT32 partition for the remaining space left on the SD card, by the same way you created EXT2.

10. Click the “Apply” button on the top left corner and wait for it to finish the process. Done.

11. Put back your SD card to your phone and switch it on.

12. Open Link2sd. You will be prompted to choose between ext2, ext3, ext4 and FAT32. Select ext2. (ext4 is also working in my case, try if working for u)

13. It will say mount script created. Reboot your phone now.

14. Open link2sd and if the message doesn’t show up, you succeded.

15. Go to Link2sd>Settings>check the autolink (to automatically move apps upon installation) (Optional).

16. If you already have some apps, select “move to phone” then after moving select “Create Link” (be sure to check the three files: app, dalvic-cache and library files).

Links:-

Partition manager- http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Home-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html

Link2SD (google play)- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD

Link2SD (APK)- http://dl.apktops.com/app/201208/Link2SD_2.2.1.apk

Note: EXT2 is old, EXT4 is the fastest among 3 (EXT2,EXT3,EXT4) but not compatible in all ROMS and often requires kernel that supports EXT4.
    So you can/should try all of them and keep the best one that works with your rom.

UNBRICK YOUR LG OPTIMUS L3 E405 and E400 WITH KDZ UPDATER

387661_171432416328581_1096119141_n.png

No. of steps-15
    LET THE PHONE CHARGE OR AN HOUR OR TWO OR MORE :p
    DISABLE YOUR ANTIVIRUS TEMPORARILY

1. Download LG Optimus L3 USB Driver
    2. Download LG Optimus L3 stock firmware/rom from the page given at the end. (according to your network provider and country)
    3. Download and extract KDZ updater on desktop or in any directory.
    4. Install Microsoft XML parser (by running msxml.msi in the extracted folder)
    5. Restart your computer.
    6. Now, switch off your phone (ignore this, as assumed you can't even switch it on :p kidding)
    7. Remove the battery and reinsert it. Press and hold Volume Up button and Volume Down button together. While you are pressing both buttons, press the Power/Lock button. DON'T LEAVE VOLUME UP DOWN BUTTONS TILL YOU GET TO EMERGENCY MODE (yellow screen with Emergency mode written on it). ALSO DON'T REMOVE THE BATTERY ONCE YOU REACHED EMERGENCY MODE.
    8. Connect your phone to the computer via the USB Cable.
    9. Run KDZ updater as Administrator.
    10. Choose the following options in KDZ Updater (also see image):

Type: 3GQCT
    Phone Mode: DIAG
    KDZ file is the one you downloaded in step 2

CHOOSE CORRECT OPTIONS & RECHECK THEM TWICE OR THRICE!!
    (these settings are for l3 only don't try on any other random phone)

11. Click 'Launch Software Update' and pray to god.
    12. Go for a walk or talk to the mirror as it will take a while for the rom to be flashed.
    13. At last you will se 'Finished'. Your phone will be switched off, switch it on normally. (or it can restart by itself, wait for about half minute before trying to switch it on)
    14. It will take more time in switching on once, after that you can use it normally.
    15. It is preferable to do a hard reset after flashing by this method.

LG Optimus L3 USB Driver

LG Optimus L3 stock firmware/rom
    Link-http://lg/-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=11

KDZ updater
    Link-http://www.unclenet.de/files/KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z

Move All Existing Apps to the SD Card (internal sd) WITHOUT ROOTING

NOTE:don't move launchers, widgets and all the apps that you want to keep running when your phone is mounted or when you just switched it on, till external memory prepares. u can not use widgets if the are moved to sd

263629_178736045598218_1075708409_n.jpg

Tools required-
    1. Drivers of your phone
    2. Oracle’s Java JDK
    3. Android SDk

# As in this tutorial, you have to connect your phone to pc in ‘pc software’ mode, so you have to install all the drivers in your pc, required by your phone. Look on official site of your phone to download the drivers or search for a cd/memory card in the phone box.
    For LG Drivers, download and install in pc from here (around 10mb file, see image to know what to download)
    (see bottom half of the image to know what to download)

1. Enable USB Debugging
    Open the Settings screen, tap Applications, and select Development.
    Tap the USB Debugging checkbox to enable it.
    You may want to disable debug mode after completing this process.
    #if USB Debug is grayed and u are not able to tick it, just in case, then plug your device to pc via data cable and connect in 'pc software' mode. now go to above said location in you phone and enable usb debug now.

# (If you don’t already have Oracle’s Java JDK installed on your computer, you’ll have to download and install it before installing the Android SDK ie mentioned in next step)
    link for Oracle’s Java JDK-http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7u9-downloads-1859576.html
    (check " Accept License Agreemen" and click "jdk-7u9-windows-i586.exe" on this page)

2. Install the Android SDK
    link-http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    (click "Download the SDK for Windows")
    #note the path of installation, you'll need it later OR change the location of android sdk to a simpler path like root directory (C: or D: etc) for ease.

3. After you’ve installed both, JDK first and then Android SDK,
    launch the SDK Manager from your Start menu.
    Click on Start-> All Programs-> Android SDK Tools-> SDK Manager
    Android SDK will open.

4. Now uncheck all check boxes (if checked by default) and select "Android SDK Platform-tools" and click the Install button to download and install it.

5. After the process completes, connect your Android device to your computer with USB cable (if not connected in step 1 or removed after it, you may have to enable usb debug again, plz refer to step 1 now).

Windows should locate the device and install the appropriate drivers automatically. If it doesn’t, you may have to download and install the appropriate drivers from your Android device’s manufacturer. Do not mount the device after connecting it – just plug it in. Use "PC Software" instead.

6. Open a Windows Explorer window and navigate to the android-sdk\platform-tools folder.

On x64 Windows, you’ll find this folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools by default.

Check C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools if you’re using a 32-bit version of Windows.

#This will be the path where you have Android SDK in step 2.
    i've told u to note it. :p
    now plz look where u've installed it.

7. Launch a Command Prompt window (CMD) in this folder.
    For this, press and hold shift key, right or left shift doesn't matters :p
    right click anywhere (holding the shift) in empty space and select "Open command window here".
    CMD will open.

8. Now type "adb devices" and press Enter.
    You should see your connected Android device.

9. Now at last, type the following and press enter to set the default install location to your SD card:
    ALL THE COMMANDS ARE CASE SENSITIVE

adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2

If you want to revert this change later and install apps to the internal storage by default, run this command:

adb shell pm setInstallLocation 0

code meanings-
    0-auto
    1-internal storage
    2-external storage

(optional)
    to know where the apps will be stored now run the following command
    adb shell pm getInstallLocation
    the result will be 2, ie external storage.

10. Now close CMD, disconnect your Device and start moving apps to sd without root :)
    In you device, open the Settings screen, tap Applications, and select Manage Applications. Select the app you want to move and tap the Move button on its details screen.