[Q] Developers Offended?

Search This thread

BigMcGuire

Nov 29, 2010
California
Hopefully the developers of BajaRom and Beans rom aren't offended by the locking of their Alliance rom thread? For a rom that's provided for free, I'm surprised/offended by the harsh response of some members. I understand the want to have something now (FIOS has made me forever spoiled)... but as a member who has actually donated I just hope this doesn't affect the development of the new alliance rom negatively. These fine developers working many many hours for beer money help me enjoy a large investment (Note 3) - hence the question.

kinstre11

Jul 6, 2014
Hobe Sound
It is sad how demanding some people are but this is the way of the world. Hopefully there are enough of us that know how to show our appreciation and have patience so that it becomes more of a balance for the devs when it comes to dealing with all the nonsense in the community. XDA moderators locking the forum can only be a positive thing for us because it will prevent any negative comments from getting out of hand. I do think that the devs who dedicate their time to bring us excellence are a breed apart from most of us. I also think, and hope, that these devs understand a bit about human nature as experienced by watching and interacting with the community and as such have developed a resilience when it comes to dealing with poorly chosen comments. Negativity can be disheartening, but since this is unavoidable we need to be aware of what we say and in what context we make our comments so that we may encourage our developers to continue the selfless work they do for us.
A thank you and a plea to bare with us is in order.
Thank you developers. Many of us appreciate your work more than you may ever know.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Afro Samurai

Dec 8, 2008
Chicago,IL
It is sad how demanding some people are but this is the way of the world. Hopefully there are enough of us that know how to show our appreciation and have patience so that it becomes more of a balance for the devs when it comes to dealing with all the nonsense in the community. XDA moderators locking the forum can only be a positive thing for us because it will prevent any negative comments from getting out of hand. I do think that the devs who dedicate their time to bring us excellence are a breed apart from most of us. I also think, and hope, that these devs understand a bit about human nature as experienced by watching and interacting with the community and as such have developed a resilience when it comes to dealing with poorly chosen comments. Negativity can be disheartening, but since this is unavoidable we need to be aware of what we say and in what context we make our comments so that we may encourage our developers to continue the selfless work they do for us.
Thank you developers. Many of us appreciate your work more than you may ever know.

I think everyone will understand. Things were getting heated and I've seen it get it real ugly on previous phones I've had. Some of which I've partaken in, got warned, left xda for a year,etc. I'd like to think I'm more wiser and think before I type now. It was for the best until the new rom is ready. The only problem now is if anyone needs support they have to put it here. It wasn't a hardcore lockdown imo. Just a time out until Alliance is ready that's all.

Sent from the Note 3 of The Afro Samurai

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMcGuire

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think everyone will understand. Things were getting heated and I've seen it get it real ugly on previous phones I've had. Some of which I've partaken in, got warned, left xda for a year,etc. I'd like to think I'm more wiser and think before I type now. It was for the best until the new rom is ready. The only problem now is if anyone needs support they have to put it here. It wasn't a hardcore lockdown imo. Just a time out until Alliance is ready that's all.

Sent from the Note 3 of The Afro Samurai