ICS Style Settings.apk For Gingerbread

Search This thread

d_zen

Dec 4, 2011
Leeuwarden
Looks pretty cool, but the only problem I ran into is that com.android.settings force closes when opening brightness controlls

-S.E.R.K.4.N-

Jan 16, 2012
Hi everyone,
iiandskater released a new settings apk.
The new apk includes Xperia S style icons in Settings apk.
Check the link again. :)

Last edited:
How do you install this on r800i'
There is two methods:
1. Flash it in recovery.
2. Unpack .zip file and copy settings.apk from /app folder to system/app folder on ur phone

!ALWAYS REMEMBER ABOUT BACKUP (WHOLE ROM OR .APK)!

I prefer second method.

Sent using r800i with DoomKernel v11 (1.21ghz)

Selim873

Apr 8, 2011
I've used a rom on my old phone that had a lot of FC issues that were in the settings so I'm really patient with this, most of it works. It's anything that involves a slider actually. Volume, brightness, and also when I click "More" under network settings. But I always have triggers on my Launcher so I barely go on the settings menu. I'm using the R800x.

igor_anta

May 22, 2010
Skopje
I modified iiandskater's Settings.apk to fix some icons that bothered me. I removed the duplicate location & security setting and replaced some ixons with Xperia S style ones.

This is not CWM flashable, if someone feels like making a flashable .zip please do :) Otherwise just adb push or replace with Root Explorer and set correct permissions.

The SemsSettings.apk is included to fix the alignment and icon to suite the overall style. Enjoy!

Attachments

• ICS_Settings.rar
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,422

igor_anta

May 22, 2010
Skopje
Might be cause you're running a CDMA version of the phone :S This is the same Setting.apk as the one from the thread in the OP, just modified to look nicer.

I'll post my version in the original thread and point out that it still produces FC's on some devices (probably CDMA only).

tiagoSequeira

Apr 8, 2011
Porto
I modified iiandskater's Settings.apk to fix some icons that bothered me. I removed the duplicate location & security setting and replaced some ixons with Xperia S style ones.

This is not CWM flashable, if someone feels like making a flashable .zip please do :) Otherwise just adb push or replace with Root Explorer and set correct permissions.

The SemsSettings.apk is included to fix the alignment and icon to suite the overall style. Enjoy!

Works great and looks great too!
Any chance of making translations to portuguese? I can tell you what to write but I don't know how to change it myself
Thanks

itazchu

May 7, 2012
Jakarta

works great on my xplay 2.3.4 .42. thank you for this mod. now I can access wifi connection faster. :)

Celluciano

Sep 28, 2010
Thanks! It worked for icons but settings's background still the same... How do I change it?

Sent from my R800i using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys. I found amazing apk in Xperia Mini & Pro Development. New Settings style that should be work on all XPERIA 2011 GingerBread based ROM (both stock or modified one). I tried and it works. Here is the link :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1585974

Looks good but same FC issues on R800x

Sent from my R800x using XDA