Gonox

Nov 1, 2011
This is so grate!!! it looks amassing!!! Tnx very much for the share

Last edited:
Reactions: Litderose

joeri1985

Apr 18, 2012
retie
just put the mms.apk in my /sytem/app directory.
First put it on extsd . Copy it and paste in the app directory.
set permission on rwrr. Then reboot and the whole system gave fc's.
Have to use my nandroid for fixing it.
What do i wrong?

rho57

Apr 14, 2012

Attachments

• screenshot-1338611932229.PNG
    screenshot-1338611932229.PNG
    91.5 KB · Views: 530

otto_di2

Nov 15, 2005
Nice work :)

Hello everyone.
Tried this on a CM7 ROM works like charm :) But now I am back at stock ROM then I don't have the option to use this great MOD, is it possible to transfer this to stock ROM? (MMS is nok working, tried to set premission)

/Otto

Litderose

Jun 8, 2007
Paris
Hello everyone.
Tried this on a CM7 ROM works like charm :) But now I am back at stock ROM then I don't have the option to use this great MOD, is it possible to transfer this to stock ROM? (MMS is nok working, tried to set premission)

/Otto

I think no, because frameworks are different between CM7 and stock.
But i'm not a dev, so maybe someone more experienced could answer this question?

puyuman

Dec 29, 2010
How to put this on my phone? I like it so much!

To install :
1/ MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
2/ Copy your mms.apk for backup
3/ copy mms.apk to the system/app folder with a file manager (ie : ES File Explorer)
4/ reboot
5/ enjoy !

Don't forget to set the permissions to match the other files !

Like Litderose mms.apk in the first post... :)

Thx for your work, looks nice...

Last edited:
Reactions: Litderose

mrgian

Mar 16, 2012
Davao City
Just a quick question. How to make this mod permanent on my phone? Cos everytime I reboot my phone, it goes back to stock mms setup. I just followed what rho57 said, installed it as a normal apk. Any suggestions? Thanks!

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
Just a quick question. How to make this mod permanent on my phone? Cos everytime I reboot my phone, it goes back to stock mms setup. I just followed what rho57 said, installed it as a normal apk. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Follow the original instructions of pasting it in as a system app.

You can also make the mms.apk persistent through CM7 flashes by adding it as part of the custom _backup_list.txt file.
1. Open the custom_backup_list.txt file in /etc (create the file if it's non-existent)
2. Type in "app/Mms.apk" without quotes
3. Save the file

CM7 zips will now back-up that apk and restore it after each flash.

mrgian

Mar 16, 2012
Davao City
Follow the original instructions of pasting it in as a system app.

You can also make the mms.apk persistent through CM7 flashes by adding it as part of the custom _backup_list.txt file.
1. Open the custom_backup_list.txt file in /etc (create the file if it's non-existent)
2. Type in "app/Mms.apk" without quotes
3. Save the file

CM7 zips will now back-up that apk and restore it after each flash.

Ok gonna do that. :)

I noticed that the screenshot posted by rho57, his MMS is transparent whereas mine is not. ::confused: How should I do that?

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

The custom_backup_list.txt file does not exist on my /etc, so I attempt to create the file but it will just fail. I checked my /system/app and mms.apk is there (green smiley icon).

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
The custom_backup_list.txt file does not exist on my /etc, so I attempt to create the file but it will just fail. I checked my /system/app and mms.apk is there (green smiley icon).

Sorry, not sure why you have the error. You could install GetRIL from the market, if you ask it backup your RIL, it will actually create that file for you. ;)

We all have Mms.apk's in our /system/app folders. Please read the OP instructions carefully.

And btw, I switched to the stock mms app again. As I apparently like seeing a wall of text. :p

Litderose

Jun 8, 2007
Paris
IMO, the best way to keep my mod permanent is to paste it into the rom's file before flashing.
With 7zip, I open the rom's file, and then, I push the mms.apk file into the system/app directory.
I do that with every Temasek's or MisjudgedTwat's rom before flashing.
No permission problem, no double sms, everything's working well.
I also do that with AppWidgetPicker.apk, SegoeWP fonst, Stefan Gündhör's Stock Calendar mod and the Flix's stock camera mod.

Cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was looking for a mod of the CM7 SMS/MMS app to have the messages displayed in bubbles.
    It has been done by P4qui7o in the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 forum.
    Original thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1616499

ALL CREDITS GOES TO P4qui7o !

I tried it on my Temasek's rom and it's working well !
    Here is a screenshot :
    screenshot_1335219706122.png

To install :
    1/ MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
    2/ Copy your mms.apk for backup
    3/ copy P4qui7o's mms.apk to the system/app folder with a file manager (ie : ES File Explorer)
    4/ reboot
    5/ enjoy !

[EDIT] Don't forget to set the permissions to match the other files !
    => rw-r--r-- (thanks Ajsh !)

[EDIT] I decided to customize a little this app, just for matching with my ICS theme.
    So, black background has been changed, color of title is ICS blue now (instead of green).
    mms.apk attached.
    The result :
    attachment.php
    New version with background header, bottom hearder matching with background for both black and white background (see screenshoots).
    The black background is darker too (I prefer...).
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Cheers
    Made some modifications with the background ang the bubbles. (see attachment)

http://www.mediafire.com/?rgb132q54m3k9hf
    @ehmjay : please attached the version with the icon you requested.

I made another version with white font (instead of blue) when black background selected, and a new icon for news message (not ehmjay's).
    attachment.php

HOW TO
    As requested, here is a (very) little "how to".

How to change background, icon, pictures ?
    => just open the apk with 7zip and drag the requested icon, background, pictures you want to modify.
    This is very easy.

How to change the font color ?
    You need an apk tool for that. I use Apk Manager but this app is no longer avalaible.
    So you may use Apk Multitool, which is the new name of Apk Manager.
    First, you have to copy your apk in the directory "place-apk-here-for-modding" of ApkMultiTool.
    Then, launch ApkMultiTool, set the current project (option 23), decompile the apk (option 9), go to the directory "projects\Mms.apk\res\values\" of the ApkMultiTool directory and open with notepad the file "colors.xml".
    It's here you can modify the color of the font. Colors are coded in hexa code (see here for codes).
    Save and close the file.
    Now, you have to compile the apk (option 11), say no to the question "Is this a system apk". Say no to the next question too.
    In the directory "place-apk-here-for-modding", there's a new file "unsignedMms.apk". Open 7zip in two panels mode, in the first panel, open "unsignedMms.apk", in the second panel, open a copy of mms.apk.
    Then, copy the file "resources.arsc" of the "unsignedMms.apk" to the mms.apk.
    Closes files, push your mms.apk in your phone dir (system/app) and enjoy...

How to change anything else ?
    Hum, I'm not a dev, I haven't an answer for this question. :confused:

Cheers.
    Black/White and Sober

Here's a new version without blue ICS color.
    I changed the icon for new message :
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

(unpressed icon/black background | unpressed icon/white background)
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

(pressed icon/black background | pressed icon/white background)
    I must say i'm not really satisfied with this icon but i didn't found a better one...

I also changed the icon for contact selection :
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

(unpressed icon/black background | unpressed icon/white background)
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

(pressed icon/black background | pressed icon/white background)

The notification send icon has been changed by a white tick :
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

And finally, I also change the ugly new message notification by this :
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Remember I'm not the dev of this app, I just modded it...

Cheers.