[TWEAK][Siyah Kernel 4.1.1+][Extweaks] Get up to 7 hours of screen usage

Search This thread

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
I've managed to get 13+ hours screen time using some settings and tweaks from this thread, thank you :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

I managed to build a mini arc reactor with these settings and was able to power my iron man suit

If you have nothing productive to say, GTFO from this thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: stanley08

ThemeGios

Oct 28, 2012
Worked well for me but I had to step down the UV or too much freezing :D

Not a massive increase but certainly noticeable.

stanley08

Jun 23, 2012
Lagos, Nigeria.
titaniumideas.blogspot.com
I've managed to get 13+ hours screen time using some settings and tweaks from this thread, thank you :)

Best liar on the face of the earth Or
Noob mixing standby time and on screen time up?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Thanks a lot!

Have been using these sugested settings with some minor changes, and i have been getting great battery life. I have about 1 hour screen time, and 11 hours of use, and still 53% left, which is pretty nice for me. :laugh:

No offence, but this is not good enough. I get 5hours on screen, 10 hrs + stand by and still have like 10% + battery left.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium.

MPooZD

Feb 27, 2012
Screenshot_2012-11-01-01-03-55.png

Screenshot_2012-11-01-01-04-24.png

Screenshot_2012-11-01-01-05-21.png

SensatioN ROM 4
XWLPT
Siyah v4.1.5

Governor: ondemand
I/O Scheduler: sio

Voltages :
200MHz/800MV
500MHz/925MV
800MHz/950MV
1000MHz/1050MV
1200MHz/1150MV

Last edited:

gb.yolo

Aug 31, 2012
Rome
github.com
For newer JB roms Siyah 4.1.5 doesn't work, because they need new MALI drivers. You can try Siyah 5.0.1 (find it in "Original android development forum"), or Dorimanx kernel (find it in "Android development forum") :)

ika_nis

Jan 30, 2012
battery profile on ExTweaks doesnt work good for me...im runing JellyKing rom 1.9, siyah v6.0.1.2...the device is turning off after a while on that profile as you can see on pics... :/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-19-00-45-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-19-00-45-41.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 640
  • Screenshot_2013-02-19-00-45-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-19-00-45-59.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 620
  • Screenshot_2013-02-19-00-46-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-19-00-46-08.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 628

gb.yolo

Aug 31, 2012
Rome
github.com
battery profile on ExTweaks doesnt work good for me...im runing JellyKing rom 1.9, siyah v6.0.1.2...the device is turning off after a while on that profile as you can see on pics... :/

Your device is turning off because it cannot stand those UV values, try less aggressive ones.

As regards Dorimanx profiles, I'm waiting for Dori to give us 7.48 with full LSD firmware compatibility, stay tuned!

fire_fist

Jul 16, 2011
Thank you so much! These settings worked wonders! I went form being barely able to get one day out of my phone to now having two days of battery life easily.

ROM: MIUIV5 by Moviestar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: Use this settings at your own risk. I am not responsible for what will happen to your phone.

So, Siyah Kernel 4.1.4 has been released, and since 4.1.1 and its new features I have struggled for obtaining maximum battery life without loosing smoothness.
    I tested these settings on 5 phones (Galaxy S2 GT-I9100): mine and my friends' ones, and we all got the same (more or less) results: it's awesome!
    Screen usage can get up to 7 hours. I did these tests with mobile data on for all phone usage, and not in deep sleep. When I was at home I switched to Wi-fi.
    My ROM is AOKP M6 (ICS 4.0.4), other tests were made on Resurrection remix JB, stock XWLPF (ics), CM9 stable (screen usage: about 6 hours, no more), and AOKP JB (latest).

Extweaks settings:

CPU:
    GENTLE FAIR SLEEPERS: ON
    CPU HOTPLUG: (default)
    CFS TWEAKS: Linux kernel defaults
    CPU IDLE MODE: AFTR+LPA
    SMOOTH SCALING LEVEL: 800 mHz
    MAX CPU LOCK: Dual core mode
    CPU UNDERVOLTING: - 50mV (if you get freezes, set -25mV)
    CPU STEP COUNT: 16 (all available)
    GOVERNOR: pegasusq
    MAX FREQ: 1200 MHz
    MIN FREQ: 200 MHz

GPU:
    MALI TOUCH BOOST LEVEL: Step 2/Step 3
    GPU STEP 1: 44 MHz
    GPU STEP 2: 66 MHz
    GPU STEP 3: 100 MHz
    GPU STEP 4: 200 MHz
    GPU VOLTAGE LEVEL 1, 2 AND 3: 800 mV
    GPU VOLTAGE LEVEL 4: 950 mV

THRESHOLDS: default values

AUDIO:
    HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER: 0 (set this value as you want and as you ears can stand it, it doesn't affect battery life unless you listen to music)

SCREEN:
    TOUCHMOVE SENSITIVITY: 3 pixel
    ALL OTHER SETTINGS: default values
    mDNIe negative toggle: off

BLN:
    BLN: off
    NOTIFICATION TIMEOUT: never timeout
    BLN EFFECT: set what you want, cause BLN is disabled
    LED TIMEOUT: use ROM defaults
    LED FADEOUT: on
    LEDS ON WITH TOUCH: off
    LED VOLTAGE LEVEL: 2700 mV (2750/2800 mV if led lights are dim)

MISC:
    ANDROID LOGGER: off
    DEFAULT I/O SCHEDULER: cfq/noop
    ALL OTHER SETTINGS: default values

I think they are not too aggressive values, but if you get freezes, I recommend you reset your extweaks settings via CWM recovery and then use less aggressive ones.

In the attached screenshots, battery stats analysis starts from 91% since I had to restart my phone, and when it was at 10% I plugged the USB cable in to transfer a .zip file in my SD card, but I don't think that this 15-second charge affected my test :) (I'm sure it didn't!).
    Phone usage was high today, I used Tapatalk, created a new UCCW skin, did some long phone calls, Facebook, messaging, e-mail checking, and other stuff I don't remember since the battery stats don't even report them (lol).

Notice that this is an extreme test. 7 hours of screen usage is not a myth, reality instead, but you cannot get them with the so called 'everyday usage'.

Screenshots of test made on my usual phone usage will come soon :)

gokhanmoral : the men who created THE kernel, the Siyah kernel.
    geko95gek : author of MagicConfig. He found out the perfect balance between GPU frequencies and voltages.
    I have Siyah 4.1.5 and cm10 as ROM and everything is fine :)
    If you have some doubts about using these settings, try with less aggressive values first. If you can't see improvements in battery life without lags or lack of smoothness, use more aggressive ones. When you understand something is wrong with your phone (frequent lags, sods, freezes), then it's time to go back to the previous settings :)

Hope it helps :)

EDIT: when I say "without lags or lack of smoothness" I'm not talking about games, but everyday usage.
    With extweaks plus you can switch among three different profiles so that when you want to play games such as Asphalt, GTA and so on you can apply settings for getting the best performance while gaming :)
    Is cm9/aokp better for battery life or the samsung based roms?

As droidstarxx told you, it depends on how you use it. He said samsung based, and I agree with him, but aokp based roms still can give you a good battery life experience :)
    This seems largely similar to my MagicConfig thread. :D

Sent from my HTC One X
    I saw u're using XXKH3 modem as it's also my favourite... can u please share with me XXKH3 RIL ? It was what I've been looking for & nobody could provide it w/ links or a drop box.. thanks..

My modem's XXKH3, and i downloaded it here: http://www.ziddu.com/download/19200730/Modem-XXKH3-CWM-DragoN3252.zip.html
    ;)
    hope this helps
    cheers!