just rooted. how should I proceed

Search This thread

xenithxzavier

Nov 22, 2010
Ky
OK so I just got my moto x and rooted unlocked the boot loader and have twrp installed. Its a Dev edition from Verizon and I haven't accepted any updates yet because I've skimmed threads and know I won't be able to downgrade safely. I'm on 4.2.2 now and I want to get where I can install CM Pacman etc and most of these seem to run on 4.4.2. I want to have a stock backup I can safely go back to so my question is before I install any new Roms do I now need to accept ota updates up to 4.4.2 then stop and backup or can I safely install CM now and still go back to my stock 4.2.2 backup? I apologize I know the answer is out there I just haven't been able to narrow my search criteria to my specific situation. Thank you

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
OK so I just got my moto x and rooted unlocked the boot loader and have twrp installed. Its a Dev edition from Verizon and I haven't accepted any updates yet because I've skimmed threads and know I won't be able to downgrade safely. I'm on 4.2.2 now and I want to get where I can install CM Pacman etc and most of these seem to run on 4.4.2. I want to have a stock backup I can safely go back to so my question is before I install any new Roms do I now need to accept ota updates up to 4.4.2 then stop and backup or can I safely install CM now and still go back to my stock 4.2.2 backup? I apologize I know the answer is out there I just haven't been able to narrow my search criteria to my specific situation. Thank you

You can safely install now. If you plan to use custom roms, it shouldn't matter which firmware version you are on. You are correct about not being able to downgrade, but this is really only important with the STOCK rom.

Have fun. Also, make sure you used the latest version of TWRP from here: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/ghost (version 2.7.1.1)

Reactions: xenithxzavier

nhizzat

Mar 12, 2011
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 6T
Which version of CM11 did you flash? Which version were you on when you made the nandroid? Before you go flashing anything else, read up on downgrading and what the effects can be.

Actually before you do anything else, read all the stickies. If you still have questions, search and read some more. Any question you might want to ask has already been answered numerous times.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can safely install now. If you plan to use custom roms, it shouldn't matter which firmware version you are on. You are correct about not being able to downgrade, but this is really only important with the STOCK rom.

Have fun. Also, make sure you used the latest version of TWRP from here: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/ghost (version 2.7.1.1)