[Q] Do i really need a screen protector for the note?

Search This thread

netsyd

Jul 3, 2006
Set my Note face down on my desk one time. Moved it about two inches realized my stupidity and flipped the phone over. Scratches about the size of my thumb across the screen.

They were light and not noticeable when the screen was on, but still. Bought a screen protector that afternoon.

E_engineer

Mar 31, 2012
Houston
I purchased the Spigen SGP Glas t. Premium Tempered Glass Series Screen Protector for my Note earlier this week. After applying it and playing with it for two days, I am convinced it is one of the best accessories ever for a phone. Insulation for a screen without degradation in quality. I love it. Links for anyone that's interested:

On Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-SGP-Premium-Tempered-Protector/dp/B007CP5EW0/ref=pd_cp_cps_0

Product Page:
http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/sa...tor-glas-t-premium-tempered-glass-series.html

I use this. It's as if there is no protector.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

captivated

Jul 18, 2010
I have a cheap anti-glare matte one on my note. I never scratched my captivate without a screen protector but I want to be cautious with this phone after already breaking my first note. The screen protector makes the screen look like crap ao eventually I will replace it with a clear one.

gk325

Jun 5, 2011
+1 on Steinhill, it is awesome. Can't even tell it is there. Do the wet apply and never a problem. you can even remove it and place it back on and never know that you did so.

Scyke

Dec 27, 2011
I got a small scratch right above the search button a few days after buying it. I have the white one so it is barely noticeable. I did go to best buy that night though and get a Zagg screen protector for it.

Aerials

Feb 9, 2012
I really only apply a screen protector to phones only because I'm pretty OCD. Mainly when it comes to fingerprints and oil marks.
It's more so with random people using my phone than myself using it.

crazzysandman

Aug 3, 2010
Bakersfield
I would suggest the glasst screen protector yet it does cost a good chunk of change. I have always had a dedicated phone pocket (left pocket) and right is keys lol anyways that screen protector is tempored glass and is suppose to be just as good as oir gorilla glass

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
I use one of the Steinheil for two reasons, and scratches isn't one of them.

Good, because the Steinheil scratches like crazy... I've had mine on for 3 weeks, and I've randomly found new scratches on the screen protector from my pocket. No idea how, there's nothing else in the pocket, no metal, nothing rough, just the pocket.

The HTC Aria [...] Had been dropped onto Concrete, wood, etc from at least 4 feet on occasion.

HTC Inspire 4G [...] Standard drops from about 4 feet onto assorted surfaces like concrete, hardwood floors, etc.

My GNote is still without a scratch. Has only really been dropped on carpet, and a few small drops onto hardwood floors from about 3 feet.

You might want to look into AA, or ask a doctor about that...

arch3lau5

Mar 9, 2012
I would

I would get a screen protector. I just got my Note yesterday, but my SP is coming in the mail this week. I had a Galaxy S II with Gorilla Glass that never scratched in 6 months. I've read about numerous people stating that the "Gorilla Glass" on the note for some reason is much easier to scratch. Like someone said in this thread, even scratched with the S-Pen? Yea I'd get a SP. I'd recommend the Spigen Ultra Screen Protectors and if you've got the money and clearance for a case isn't an issue they even have a glass one that I have not personally tried, but heard amazing things about it.

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Did they ever change gorrlia glass makings? Back with I had my cdma galaxy s when it first came out. The mesmerize the longest owned phone I've ever had like 6 or 7 months lol I never had a screen protector on it and not one scratch

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda premium

Cernan

May 14, 2010
I bought the $20 one from my local AT&T store. I can't remember the name to save my life. It's anti-glare with a matte finish. It makes the screen a little less brilliant. However, I tried some really cheap ultra clear protector for about a day. It was high gloss and looked fantastic until any light source hit it. It also collected finger prints. This one from AT&T never gets a fingerprint, can be washed and reapplied, no bubbles ever. You don't get bubbles b/c the protector really only sticks around the edges. I love it.

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
It seems the gorilla glass isn't as scratch resistant as the manufacturers want us to believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

Resistant, is not proof.

I've scratched, left fine lines and swirls on gorilla glass while gently cleaning the screen with a clean micro fiber cloth. Although you have to tilt the phones to see them.

I had one gorilla glass phone scratched when I gave it to a girl to look at and she wiped the screen on her shirt. Lucky it was at the top near the ear piece and not in the center. She ended up buying the phone anyways.

To each their own. Personally I prefer the peace of mind, it's heart wrenching to look at your phone and find that scratch one day, then it's too late.

Last edited: