Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No, i need some help.

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

taha_elfeituri

Aug 27, 2012
Benghazi, LY
Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum.
Many people got phone calls on stock ICS, then changed to 4.2.2 and lost it :(
But while seeking the forum, I GOT IT AT LAST!!
Although, it has a bug, which is when u receive a call and slide the call button, as soon as u press it it says "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped working", but it might work perfectly on other ROMS
I tested it on Infamous ROM http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2220912

Here it is :
Format System (No data wipe required if ur reflashing same rom)
Install ROM, Gapps, and the file attached
Fix permissions (just incase)
Dont reboot untill u do all of that, as in dont reboot in the middle of the procedure.
There u have it ;)
Please tell me if it worked

EDIT : works perfect on infamous 1.7.2, just extract the zip file, paste all the files in their place, and keep the phone.apk untouched (keep the original phone.apk Cruz it works)

P.S : i really appreciate Khomsn for making the CM10.1 build with phone calls, but that build is REALLY laggy.
Thank you everyone.
P.P.S : u have to flash i9103DXLP2 modem (has to be that number specifically) really important to do, link : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40754968&postcount=15 (thanks John Kester :) )

Attachments

• P7500_fix_calls.zip
    1 MB · Views: 2,974
Last edited:

ryanarya

Mar 4, 2009
I'm on 4.2.1 CyanogenMod version 10.1 20121229-UNOFFICIAL-p4 by D2dyno and i'm trying flash (MOD) Phone calls on CM10.1/AOKP 4.2.2
and Fully working.After flash I'm trying calling and then trying stoping by touch end call working good then trying receive calling notification sounded and working good.thank you

Last edited:

taha_elfeituri

Aug 27, 2012
Benghazi, LY
I'm on 4.2.1 CyanogenMod version 10.1 20121229-UNOFFICIAL-p4 by D2dyno and i'm trying flash (MOD) Phone calls on CM10.1/AOKP 4.2.2
and Fully working.After flash I'm trying calling and then trying stoping by touch end call working good then trying receive calling notification sounded and working good.thank you

YAY!! im glad it worked. but question : Can u answer an incoming call with problem?

Reactions: galaxy-tab

newyorksabre

Apr 26, 2012
Thanks for the effort, but this isnt working for me. I cant even get the phone apk to show anywhere. Im not even sure ifi t installs one. If there is another installation method that isnt mentioned here but that I need to do please refer me to that. Otherwise after flashign th one file above and fixing permissions I get no phone apk to even test this. Im on the infamous rom as well.

taha_elfeituri

Aug 27, 2012
Benghazi, LY
Thanks for the effort, but this isnt working for me. I cant even get the phone apk to show anywhere. Im not even sure ifi t installs one. If there is another installation method that isnt mentioned here but that I need to do please refer me to that. Otherwise after flashign th one file above and fixing permissions I get no phone apk to even test this. Im on the infamous rom as well.

Umm... i just installed the phone.apk from Khomsn's thread as a normal apk and that seemed to fix my problem.
Otherwise. Just push the phone.apk in /system/app/ and fix permissions (i dont think fixing permissions is neccesary but i just do it incase)

John Kester

Dec 26, 2012
Port Harcourt
Yea, Ive done that a few times and I cant get phone.apk to show in the apps list after install.

Consider installing gapps that contains a phone apk after which you flash the phone fix above. Your tab should make calls flawlessly but know that the speaker is set to off by default so you have to activate it when making a call.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

newyorksabre

Apr 26, 2012
Consider installing gapps that contains a phone apk after which you flash the phone fix above. Your tab should make calls flawlessly but know that the speaker is set to off by default so you have to activate it when making a call.

Ok thanks for the reply :) I do need a link to the GAPPS with a phone apk though , unless of course the GAPPS for the tab 10.1 comes with it but why would it. If Im wrong please let me know.

EDIT: Ok so my bad, looks like I need a 3g tab and I have a wifi tab. Thanks for the help nevertheless.

Last edited:

John Kester

Dec 26, 2012
Port Harcourt
Do search for gapp of 20121212, it contains a phone apk. Gapps for custom roms often contain the apk.

taha_elfeituri

Aug 27, 2012
Benghazi, LY
ooh.

Yea, Ive done that a few times and I cant get phone.apk to show in the apps list after install.

i think it's the META-INF that's the issue.

i'll try to put them in another zip and reply.

BTW: i've got a build of infamous aokp with phonecalls "without the need to do anything" but i think im gonna need permission to upload it.

But for the time-being, i think installing the phone.apk like a normal app will work "iv'e tried it out of curiosity and it actually installed :D )

but i still don't know why com.android.phone keeps FCing after opening mobile data in settings or when answering a call. Anybody got any tips.

John Kester

Dec 26, 2012
Port Harcourt
Although, it has a bug, which is when u receive a call and slide the call button, as soon as u press it it says "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped working", but it might work perfectly on other ROMS

Here it is :
Dont reboot untill u do all of that, as in dont reboot in the middle of the procedure.
There u have it ;)

EDIT : works perfect on infamous 1.7.2, just extract the zip file, paste all the files in their place, and keep the phone.apk untouched (keep the original phone.apk Cruz it works)

P.S : i really appreciate Khomsn for making the CM10.1 build with phone calls, but that build is REALLY laggy.
Thank you everyone.
P.P.S : u have to flash i9103DXLP2 modem (has to be that number specifically) really important to do

The zip is currently no longer functioning with the night lies of 9/07 and beyond. Kindly update please.

Cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here it is :
    There u have it ;)

Thank you everyone.
    P.P.S : u have to flash i9103DXLP2 modem (has to be that number specifically) really important to do, link : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40754968&postcount=15 (thanks John Kester :) )

YAY!! im glad it worked. but question : Can u answer an incoming call with problem?
    did everything above BUT the modem fwre,
    where to get it?

Here it is.
    The zip is currently no longer functioning with the night lies of 9/07 and beyond. Kindly update please.

Cheers.

Im going to try.. But i no longer have the Tab cuz i replaced it with a Note 10.1
    So im gonna try to fix but im not gonna get to test it. Sorry :(
    If you could that would be awesome. :)
    What benefits can we get?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

umm... i'll try my best to port it
    i'm pretty sure youll be able to multi window