[GUIDE] [XOOM2/XYBoard]: How to update Xyboard wifi (MZ607) to Jelly Bean (4.1.2)

Search This thread

marcosmjpa

Nov 18, 2013
mz608

Friend please describe the procedure as you did, tell me something u changed the file or Device_tree.bin permaceu what was in the rom?
Else tell me how commands via data was to install cid.fake please
Your error message appears after the procedure: CustomerID error, Contact Dealer

Amigo por favor descreva como vc fez o procedimento, me diz uma coisa vc trocou o arquivo Device_tree.bin ou permaceu o que estava na rom?
Outra coisa me diga como foi dados os comandos via para instalar o cid.fake por favor
O seu aparece a mensagem de erro depois do procedimento: CustomerID error, Contact Dealer

I do the tutorial step by step.. My only mistake was not backcup my personal cid.img.
The error message is normal. Its happens with my device also.
E sinceramente? valeu a penas pois o jelly bean ficou bem fluido no mz608. meu ynico porém era o 3g que consegui fazer funcionar com a configuração manual da apn.
Abraço.

marcoscohen

Nov 14, 2013

I do the tutorial step by step.. My only mistake was not backcup my personal cid.img.
The error message is normal. Its happens with my device also.
E sinceramente? valeu a penas pois o jelly bean ficou bem fluido no mz608. meu ynico porém era o 3g que consegui fazer funcionar com a configuração manual da apn.
Abraço.

Do you mind to explain how did you fixed the 3G? I have the mz608 and I'm from Brazil too :)

se importa em me explicar como fez o 3G funcionar? Eu uso mz608 e sou do Brasil também :)

chico-rs

Apr 8, 2013
Porto Alegre
Feedback

I'm using the MZ607 with the original (not rooted) 4.0.4 rom and by browsing there are always weird lags... But I'm using this tablet since early 2013 and I have lots of personal files which I need to backup before update.. Before start doing it, I would like to ask to the people who did it already if have you feel any improvement in the OS performance? any bugs detected?

marcosmjpa

Nov 18, 2013
3g mz608 jelly bean

Do you mind to explain how did you fixed the 3G? I have the mz608 and I'm from Brazil too :)

se importa em me explicar como fez o 3G funcionar? Eu uso mz608 e sou do Brasil também :)

Search google about apn setup.
Procure no google a respeito de como configurar manualmente a apn para operadoras locais.
no meu caso é Tim e eu usei esta configuração:

Brenda Volkova Sim!! Vá em configurações, Mais..., redes móveis, Pontos de acesso, aperta o botão de configuração e clica em criar novo APN, lá no Nome: tim connect fast. APN: tim.br. Nome de usuario: tim. senha: tim. MCC: 724. MNC: 03. Tipo de autenticação: PAP. Tipo de APN: default. protocolo de APN: iPv4.

3g mz608 jelly bean

And how about the performance? How does it feel like? You know, the tablet has a good hardware, but now is little old, maybe updating can make things worse... any words about it? Since update is a one way road, more the info, the better...

E sobre a performance? Como ficou? O tablet é bom, mas está um tanto defasado para os dias de hoje. Nesse caso, atualizar pode deixar a performance pior... já que a atualização é uma via de mão única, quanto mais informações, melhor...

marcosmjpa

Nov 18, 2013
mz608 to mz609

Is there a way to add cid.img from another device to my device "(mz608)".
No problem if cid.image will be mz609
Its annoying have to press + vol - vol and power all the time.

Tks for any help

PedroIgor

Aug 12, 2013
Works fine on my MZ607!

I just had some trouble starting it the first time, but the buddy who posted the tip to make cleaning the caches solved my problem! Many thanks to all of you and all others who are involved in this work. Oh, just to make sure, Jelly Bean is much more estáve, smooth and fast that the ICS tab. Again, thank you! :D

oitentaeseis

Nov 4, 2013
It's working fine in my MZ608 (now MZ609) except for one small problem: the screen resolution.

Somehow after the update it went from 1280x800 to 1232x800 with LCD density in 160. There is a way to change that? Maybe reinstalling JellyBean or there is an app? I've tried change the LCD Density through build.prop, but with no success.

xxbenchimol

Mar 10, 2012
Downgrade - help

I did mess on build.pro and now my MZ608 is bricked
Anyone can help me ???:crying::crying::crying::crying:

PedroIgor

Aug 12, 2013
If anyone here can do, thanks! Please, if you can misbehave or teaches us to use this method in MZ607/608 because it seems to work! My tablet is locked at all costs and I am trying to unlock it. All help is welcome, and will serve for all of us!

Motorola's drivers must be installed in your Windows OS (mostly it displayed as "Composite ADB Interface" in Device Manager)
If new device displayed as "Unknown Device" install drivers manually.

1. Flash RECOVERY DOWNGRADE.rar contents via RSD 5.6
2. Put the firmware Blur_Version.12.11.31.MZ609.Verizon.en.US.zip on disc C:\
3. Reboot into original recovery and select "Apply Update From ADB" item
3. Run CMD on your PC and write:
adb devices [Enter]
adb sideload C:\Blur_Version.12.11.31.MZ609.Verizon.en.US.zip [Enter]

Now firmware starts downloading into your device!

h t t p : / / w w w .ex.ua/view_storage/808583866516

:crying:How can I flash the fake_cid without access my android tablet? i'm flash the original cid trying to reinstall ICS, but now it no longer installs or RSDLite or by the CMD. HELP PLEASE!

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2012
Root files missing

Hey I just got a MZ607 and was hoping to follow these instructions to get JB, but it seems that the link provided for the files to root from ICS is dead. Does anyone have a mirror or the files?

l4l4u

Nov 18, 2012
First sorry for my english, I'm using google translator.
julioemanoeld if your tablet is still locked in the boot, you can follow these steps to unlock (worked on my MZ608):
1. Turn off the device if it is turned on;
2. Press "+" volume key, "-" volume key and "power key" simultaneously.
3. The screen will goes black. Press the 3 of Them another until time you boot on a hidden boot mode menu.
4. By pressing "-" volume key, you have to go down to "Recovery" and press "+" volume key to select it.
5. The device will restart, and after a few minutes the device Should boot to a screen showing an Android with a red triangle, press and hold the Volume Up and Power Button on this screen
6. Press volume down to highlight "wipe cache" option
7. Press "Power" to confirm
8. Restart the system

att Paul

I had the same problem.

I did all steps but when the android with red triangle appears I pressed the vol up and power and nothing.

It continues the same way.

I'm from Brazil with MZ607, please somebody help me please!

Jan 8, 2012
I had the same problem.

I did all steps but when the android with red triangle appears I pressed the vol up and power and nothing.

It continues the same way.

I'm from Brazil with MZ607, please somebody help me please!

Did you press the volume down key as well?

Also, could you help me with the root installer as the linked page is dead.

PedroIgor

Aug 12, 2013
cdt.bin

Please can someone lvl at some server cdt.bin Stock rom MZ607 and post the link here? Thank you in advance! Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Before everything, I need to thank DHD who did the original guide and mtvdeo who give us huge help to the mz607/608 (XOOM 2 8'2 MEDIA EDITION) owners.

Now you need to know :
    1. I'm not an Android developper, me, DHD or mtvdeo are not responsible if you brick your device.
    2. You have to follow this guide, it's the way I do and I have JB on my Xoom 2 mz607 by now.
    3. After the JB update, your tablet will boot differently with an error message.
    4. Don't try to downgrade to 4.0.4 after, you'll brick your device.
    5. My english is so-so, please tell me if there is something that you don't understand.

First, you need to have a rooted ICS 4.0.4 version. Here is the guide to root : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1502589
    I assume that you have all the drivers for your tab.

You have to download 3 things :
    FASTBOOT mz609 > Link 1 | Link 2 - Thx to mtvdeo & xxbenchimol
    Tools > https://www83.zippyshare.com/v/8p5kGOM8/file.html - MD5: 7758D3B9FE70102094ED494687B555B2
    Device_tree.bin > https://www83.zippyshare.com/v/3CfzvTrB/file.html | https://gofile.io/d/iD9njX - MD5 : 91D188C57297C8BA6C1EFBF01DFD2809

So we can begin now !!!

1) EXTRACT FILES DOWNLOADED
    Extract the VRZ_7.7.1-85_MZ609-31_1FF.xml.zip & the MZ607-XOOM2.zip on the same folder.
    1-430559a.jpg
    samefolder-4305aa3.png

/!\ Replace the included device_tree.bin by the one you downloaded

2) INSTALLING APK
    Copy/paste the Terminal Emulator.apk on your tab and install it like a normal apk.
    2-43055a7.jpg

3) BACK UP YOUR CID
    Open Terminal Emulator on your tab
    Write :
    su
    Your superSU app will ask to give root, select Yes.
    cd /dev/block
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk1p15 of=/sdcard/cid.img
    exit
    exit

Copy the cid.img on your computer to have a back up.

4) CHANGING CID WITH A BLANK ONE
    Now take the "fake_cid" file you got with the .zip you downloaded and extracted
    3-4305613.jpg

Copy it at the root of the tablet disk /sdcard (click here for a big screenshot if needed)
    Now open Terminal Emulator on your tab
    Write :
    su
    cat /sdcard/fake_cid > /dev/block/mmcblk1p15
    exit
    exit

5) GO INTO FASTBOOT MODE
    Shutdown your tab.
    Press and keep "-" volume key => press Power key => release 2 keys => your tab will boot in fastboot mode.

Now open a command shell on the folder where you have extracted the 2 .zip before (just press Shift on your computer keyboard & right click with your mouse)
    openshellwin-4305ba3.jpg

Please verify that the path written on the shell is the good path :
    shell-4305b3f.jpg

Write in it with your computer keyboard :
    moto-fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
    moto-fastboot flash devtree device_tree.bin
    moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img
    moto-fastboot flash system system.img
    moto-fastboot flash logo.bin logo.bin
    moto-fastboot flash cdrom cdrom
    moto-fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
    moto-fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    moto-fastboot -w
    moto-fastboot reboot

6) FIRST BOOT
    Your tablet will reboot and stuck at boot screen with warning "CustomerID error, Contact Dealer...".
    Press "+" volume key, "-" volume key and "power key" simultaneously.
    The screen will goes black. Press the 3 of them another time until you boot on a hidden boot mode menu.
    bptools-4305c05.png

By pressing "-" volume key, you have to go down to "BP Tools" and press "+" volume key to select it.
    The tab will boot, you are on the Verizon ICS 4.0.4 for mz609.
    404609-4305c41.jpg

7) HOW TO DOWNLOAD 4.1.2 OTA
    Configure your tablet like a new (Google account, localization, wifi...) until you can use it like before.
    Go to Settings, About Tablet, System Update and... BING ! The OTA is here !
    Download it, when it's 100% the tablet will reboot. Let it do the work, it takes several minutes : first you will think that the tab is stuck on the "CustomerID error, Contact Dealer..." but after 1 minute, the recovery will install the OTA file automatically.
    After the update, the tablet will reboot. And voila, you are on Jelly Bean 4.1.2

8) ROOT YOUR NEWLY JB 4.1.2
    Now you can root your tab with Kingo Android Root, follow the instructions in this post.
    root412-4363194.jpg

You can test your root permissions with Adaway (ads blocker) or Root Browser for example.

----------
    Remember to thanks another time DHD who did the original guide and mtvdeo who greatly helped us to adapt it for the mz607/608 owners. And don't forget to thanks xda developers when they give you joy :D
    Hi

Before everything, I need to thank DHD who did the original guide and mtvdeo who give us huge help to the mz607/608 (XOOM 2 8'2 MEDIA EDITION) owners.

Now you need to know :
    1. I'm not an Android developper, me, DHD or mtvdeo are not responsible if you brick your device.
    2. You have to follow this guide, it's the way I do and I have JB on my Xoom 2 mz607 by now.
    3. After the JB update, your tablet will boot differently with an error message.
    4. My english is so-so, please tell me if there is something that you don't understand.

First, you need to have a rooted ICS 4.0.4 version. Here is the guide to root : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1502589
    I assume that you have all the drivers for your tab.

You have to download 3 things :
    FASTBOOT mz609 > https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=8KM4A4r/ernvVXsZ/avAdgxhaLOQqL4vnF25/8EaB/8= - Thx to mtvdeo
    Tools > Link 1 | Link 2 | Link 3 | Link 4 | Link 5 - MD5: 7758D3B9FE70102094ED494687B555B2
    Device_tree.bin > Link | Alternative Link | Alternative Link - MD5 : 91D188C57297C8BA6C1EFBF01DFD2809

So we can begin now !!!

1) EXTRACT FILES DOWNLOADED
    Extract the VRZ_7.7.1-85_MZ609-31_1FF.xml.zip & the MZ607-XOOM2.zip on the same folder.
    1-430559a.jpg
    samefolder-4305aa3.png

/!\ Replace the included device_tree.bin by the one you downloaded

2) INSTALLING APK
    Copy/paste the Terminal Emulator.apk on your tab and install it like a normal apk.
    2-43055a7.jpg

3) BACK UP YOUR CID
    Open Terminal Emulator on your tab
    Write :
    su
    Your superSU app will ask to give root, select Yes.
    cd /dev/block
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk1p15 of=/sdcard/cid.img
    exit
    exit

Copy the cid.img on your computer to have a back up.

4) CHANGING CID WITH A BLANK ONE
    Now take the "fake_cid" file you got with the .zip you downloaded and extracted
    3-4305613.jpg

Copy it at the root of the tablet disk /sdcard (click here for a big screenshot if needed)
    Now open Terminal Emulator on your tab
    Write :
    su
    cat /sdcard/fake_cid > /dev/block/mmcblk1p15
    exit
    exit

5) GO INTO FASTBOOT MODE
    Shutdown your tab.
    Press and keep "-" volume key => press Power key => release 2 keys => your tab will boot in fastboot mode.

Now open a command shell on the folder where you have extracted the 2 .zip before (just press Shift on your computer keyboard & right click with your mouse)
    openshellwin-4305ba3.jpg

Please verify that the path written on the shell is the good path :
    shell-4305b3f.jpg

Write in it with your computer keyboard :
    moto-fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
    moto-fastboot flash devtree device_tree.bin
    moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img
    moto-fastboot flash system system.img
    moto-fastboot flash logo.bin logo.bin
    moto-fastboot flash cdrom cdrom
    moto-fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
    moto-fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    moto-fastboot -w
    moto-fastboot reboot

6) FIRST BOOT
    Your tablet will reboot and stuck at boot screen with warning "CustomerID error, Contact Dealer...".
    Press "+" volume key, "-" volume key and "power key" simultaneously.
    The screen will goes black. Press the 3 of them another time until you boot on a hidden boot mode menu.
    bptools-4305c05.png

By pressing "-" volume key, you have to go down to "BP Tools" and press "+" volume key to select it.
    The tab will boot, you are on the Verizon ICS 4.0.4 for mz609.
    404609-4305c41.jpg

7) HOW TO DOWNLOAD 4.1.2 OTA
    Configure your tablet like a new (Google account, localization, wifi...) until you can use it like before.
    Go to Settings, About Tablet, System Update and... BING ! The OTA is here !
    Download it, when it's 100% the tablet will reboot. Let it do the work, it takes several minutes : first you will think that the tab is stuck on the "CustomerID error, Contact Dealer..." but after 1 minute, the recovery will install the OTA file automatically.
    After the update, the tablet will reboot. And voila, you are on Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Remember to thanks another time DHD who did the original guide and mtvdeo who greatly helped us to adapt it for the mz607/608 owners. And don't forget to thanks xda developers when they give you joy :D

I've made upload of fastboot on MEGA, if you want add on tutorial
    https://mega.co.nz/#!kQBBTL6a!ZW2vcg0idTsI2DR8qrE1WG2w3B4_4ti8ebT7GZzqldk
    and thank you again, is working everything on my mz608
    Xoom2 ME - CID restore

First of all - I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICE. DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU ARE INEXPERIENCED!
    Second - be sure you have all drivers (Motorola, ADB, etc.).

If someone has stupid idea to replace fake CID back to oryginal CID, like I have had - DON'T!

Ok, there is no more "customer ID error" on start, but in my case I have got an error on cdrom partition and my device was bricked:

Invalid Flash Mode (S) (Boot failure)
    0A.74 (sha-db24cb6, 2012-04-25 10:52:50)
    eMMC Info: Size 16G

Device is LOCKED. Status code 0

Invalid CG OTV (CG: cdrom): Invalid SP data
    Invalid CG HAB (CG: cdrom, status: 0X0056)
    Invalid CG OTV (CG: cdrom

I tried re-replace CID again to fakeCID, but it stated something like Preflash validation failure. No such partition.
    Grrrr...

The main problem was find proper files compatible with my device - Xoom2 ME (geniune MZ608, but after update to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean shows MZ609).
    I have download a lot of stuff and attempt many files and finally found!:D

Here is a solution for Xoom2 ME (MZ608/MZ609 4.1.2):

Download Xoom2 ME.rar
    Unpack it and use fastboot:

fastboot flash mbm allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot flash cid cid.img

If flashing ok, follow OlegOdessa method, but not from beginning!
    Start from here:

3. reset PAD (volume + and - and Power)
    4. go to stock recovery
    5. this is recovery with sideload
    select - apply update from ADB
    6. Windows PC

code to flash update:

cmd
    cd c:\Android
    adb devices
    adb sideload c:\Android\Blur_Version.12.11.31.MZ609.Verizon.en. US.zip

process 10-15 min
    after command`s will begin file upload to PAD
    cheking files
    chekin system befor update
    patching and flashing

after flash - restart system and all OK

If you want root your Xoom2, I recommend Saferoot - simple and good method, and works perfect. :D

Keep on mind, that it be stuck on "Trying to disable Knox" for about 5 minutes and be patient - everything should be allright! :eek:

Regards,
    Krystian
    Stuck boot solution

First sorry for my english, I'm using google translator.
    julioemanoeld if your tablet is still locked in the boot, you can follow these steps to unlock (worked on my MZ608):
    1. Turn off the device if it is turned on;
    2. Press "+" volume key, "-" volume key and "power key" simultaneously.
    3. The screen will goes black. Press the 3 of Them another until time you boot on a hidden boot mode menu.
    4. By pressing "-" volume key, you have to go down to "Recovery" and press "+" volume key to select it.
    5. The device will restart, and after a few minutes the device Should boot to a screen showing an Android with a red triangle, press and hold the Volume Up and Power Button on this screen
    6. Press volume down to highlight "wipe cache" option
    7. Press "Power" to confirm
    8. Restart the system

att Paul
    I did everything, but when i come into the bp tools part, i selected it and it started booting, showing first "DROID" and now is showing that xyboard verizon logo, for about 15 minutes. Is it normal?

-

Please, help me. It's been over an hour, and then i pressed the 3 buttons simultaneously and got into that same customeid error page, then i get to the bp tools again and it's still booting. Why this is happening?