[MOD] Sense 4+ Rosie mods - 4x5 / no app labels / trans clock - updated 20th Jan

Search This thread

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Installed on viper x 3.2.3 and works fine except i cant pull up the settings menu, but If i long press i can pull up recent apps.

Did a fresh rom install and it seems this mod is the culprit. Is there any solution. I love 4x5 Rosie:p

Thanks for all your hard work! I love your themes and mods. Currently using your Wraith 1.0 theme.

To be honest, didn't bother updating this mod cos I didn't think anyone was really using it! Will add it to the list of things to do :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

tuckersmission

Oct 16, 2011
Re: [MOD] Sense 4+ Rosie mods - 4x5 / landscape / no app labels

This is such a cool mod. Good work Devs! :D Just tried to flash it on my HOX+ ... Rosie didn't start and got a process error on boot up. I tried a couple of different options in aroma but all with the same result.

I'm running stock ROM at the moment. So I deleted the Rosie odex file. And that didn't make any difference.

Would it much effort to get this working on the HOX+?

I want it so bad :p

Cheers!

Sent from my HTC One X+

mccmjoon76

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2009
fisha21 Nice Work

Edit: see u can mod the Rosie with (NoNavBar) :) thx ..keep it up :good:

Reactions: fisha21

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Ok, have updated the OP with a new version. Have switched to the Villaintheme system, so it should hopefully be compatible with all ROMs, and future bases. Also, it should hopefully be compatible with other Rosie mods, since only the edited files are replaced, but I haven't tested that....please let me know me if it worked or not.

Have removed the landscape mod for better compatibility. There are other landscape mods, and most roms now have landscape Rosie, so flash those first then my mod. Have added trans clock widget option though

Installed on viper x 3.2.3 and works fine except i cant pull up the settings menu, but If i long press i can pull up recent apps.

Did a fresh rom install and it seems this mod is the culprit. Is there any solution. I love 4x5 Rosie:p

Thanks for all your hard work! I love your themes and mods. Currently using your Wraith 1.0 theme.

Have updated OP with a new version. This uses the Villaintheme system, so should work with all ROMs hopefully. I tested it with ViperX 3.2.4 and all tweaks still work, as does the homescreen menu.

fisha21 Nice Work

I did try adding trans navbar, but for some reason Rosie won't load. Couldn't get it to work, sorry.

This is such a cool mod. Good work Devs! :D Just tried to flash it on my HOX+ ... Rosie didn't start and got a process error on boot up. I tried a couple of different options in aroma but all with the same result.

I'm running stock ROM at the moment. So I deleted the Rosie odex file. And that didn't make any difference.

Cheers!

Sent from my HTC One X+

Not sure if this will work with an odexed rom to be honest. Might be worth trying the new version, see if that's any better?

eltoffer

Aug 17, 2012
Metepec
hey nice mod i got a quetion, i looked into your files, so the question is, can i edit rosie m10 file to change 4x5 to 6x5 or so???? thanks in advance its for my own use

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
hey nice mod i got a quetion, i looked into your files, so the question is, can i edit rosie m10 file to change 4x5 to 6x5 or so???? thanks in advance its for my own use

I guess in theory you could. If you look in the 4x5 Rosie folder, you can see exactly which files need editing. You'll have to play around with different values etc to find what works. Bear in mind that having more than 4 icons on the x axis will mess up any 4x* widgets, unless you resize them to fit.

Will be a lot of work but if you get it working, I'm sure there would be others keen to use it too!

eltoffer

Aug 17, 2012
Metepec
I guess in theory you could. If you look in the 4x5 Rosie folder, you can see exactly which files need editing. You'll have to play around with different values etc to find what works. Bear in mind that having more than 4 icons on the x axis will mess up any 4x* widgets, unless you resize them to fit.

Will be a lot of work but if you get it working, I'm sure there would be others keen to use it too!

yes i just did it and YES, widgets are a mess hehehe but i would like to get 7x5 i think this should be the stock grid, just one more question did you modify RESOURCES.ARSC

tuckersmission

Oct 16, 2011
mmm, Ok, cool was hopefull this update would work on the HOX+ so I gave it a try... Also took your advice and loaded a Deodexed ROM (Android Revolution HD) And :( no joy!

I tried each mod and get a 'HTC Dialler has stopped' when loading rosie, then rosie does not load...

I was so hopefull your new release would work! :(

I can confirm that Dougi's ROSIE MOD'S does work on my HOX+

Any ideas, I have never edited M10 files (or any files for that matter) but I'm gonna give it a try. Any suggestions of where to start the learning process.

Great Mod though. Keep up the good work!

fbi666

Apr 13, 2010
AW: [MOD] Sense 4+ Rosie mods - 4x5 / no app labels / trans clock - updated 20th Jan

Can yu make the mod whit center clock ?? When i flashd the other mod with center clock i delet the qouick settings

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
yes i just did it and YES, widgets are a mess hehehe but i would like to get 7x5 i think this should be the stock grid, just one more question did you modify RESOURCES.ARSC

I edited some of the xmls in the Values folders, so yes resources.arsc was modified

Hey fisha, anyway of getting scrollable wallpaper for the JB rosie?? Really missing this feature..

Yep...flash ViperX JB Rom :)

Any ideas, I have never edited M10 files (or any files for that matter) but I'm gonna give it a try. Any suggestions of where to start the learning process.

Great Mod though. Keep up the good work!

Not sure why it causes Dialer FC, but I guess dougi's work cos his replaces the whole Rosie.apk. guess mine isn't compatible with OneX for some reason. There's a few good threads on xda that explain m10, just do a google search of xda for m10 reference thread, or interactive phone guide.

Can yu make the mod whit center clock ?? When i flashd the other mod with center clock i delet the qouick settings

That requires changes to SystemUI.apk, whihc is outside the scope of this Rosie mod

GroovyGeek

Oct 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hey fisha, can you reply to my PM about this mod? I am trying to make a working version of this for the One XL (this one FCs for me) and was wondering if you could give me a few tips how to do it. I had previously made a 4x5 Rosie for ICS from the tut posted by mikeyxda but it seems that JB is somewhat different and I don't know enough to figure it out. Some of the "values-xhdpi" files appear to be different, and I can't seem to be able to correctly recompile the apk. The stock Rosie is 1868 KB on my computer, when I simply decompile then recompile without touching anything it shrinks to 768 KB and crashes. I tried doing this both with a downloaded apktool and the one provided by VTS, no dice.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WHAT DO YOU GET IN THIS MOD?​

• 4x5 Rosie homescreen - only enabled in portrait, landscape comes out very messy!

• No app labels on homescreen

• No labels on Settings widgets

• Transparent clock widgets

The mods are contained in an AROMA installer, and you can choose any combination of the above options.

I have changed over to the Villaintheme system, so the installer just replaces the modified files within Rosie.apk and the widget apks. This should hopefully make the mod compatible with multiple ROMs, bases and even other Rosie mods. I haven't tested it with other Rosie mods, so please let me know if it does / doesn't work!

HOW IS THIS MOD DIFFERENT?

Ok, just to be clear. Many others have worked on this, and got it working pretty well.

In particular, I owe thanks to

These guys have spent a lot of time on this, and much of the 4x5 homescreen mod is based on their work.

My addition?

I have managed to get the HTC 4x4 widgets working with the new layout. So no more widgets stuck under the statusbar.​

REQUIREMENTS

• Rooted XHDPI device running Sense 4+

• Custom recovery (works with TWRP and CWM)

• ROM based on 3.14.401.20 and higher -- confirmed to work with 3.14.401.24 (28th Nov),3.14.401.27 (6th Dec) and 3.14.401.31 (20th Jan)

BUGS

Of course, since this is still at best a hack job, there are still some issues:

• 4x4 widgets are still only 4x4, but will take up the whole homescreen, even in the 4x5 mod. Please see the additional notes about this in post 7

• 4x5 is only enabled in portrait. Enabling in landscape creates a huge mess, and I don't have enough time to fix that completely

• Since 4x5 is only available in portrait, the bottom row of icons will disappear in landscape orientation. They will reappear when you go back to portrait again

• Stock HTC widgets all fit fine, but there may be spacing/alignment issues with 3rd party widgets. That's an unfortunate side effect, but there's way too many 3rd party widgets to test and fix them all!!

• When placing icons/widgets on a homescreen, the app placement outline will appear in the wrong place. The icon itself will drop where you place it, not where the outine is

Any others, please let me know!​

SCREENSHOTS

moddedrosie1.png
    moddedrosie2.png
    moddedrosie3.png
    moddedrosie4.png
    moddedrosie6.png

To be honest, didn't bother updating this mod cos I didn't think anyone was really using it! Will add it to the list of things to do :)

Ok, have updated the OP with a new version. Have switched to the Villaintheme system, so it should hopefully be compatible with all ROMs, and future bases. Also, it should hopefully be compatible with other Rosie mods, since only the edited files are replaced, but I haven't tested that....please let me know me if it worked or not.

Have removed the landscape mod for better compatibility. There are other landscape mods, and most roms now have landscape Rosie, so flash those first then my mod. Have added trans clock widget option though

Have updated OP with a new version. This uses the Villaintheme system, so should work with all ROMs hopefully. I tested it with ViperX 3.2.4 and all tweaks still work, as does the homescreen menu.

fisha21 Nice Work

I did try adding trans navbar, but for some reason Rosie won't load. Couldn't get it to work, sorry.

Cheers!

Sent from my HTC One X+

Not sure if this will work with an odexed rom to be honest. Might be worth trying the new version, see if that's any better?
    Just tested the mod on maximus 10...can confirm it works fine with the 401.24 rom base
    Just added a new version.....with the option to remove labels from HTC Settings widgets (see 6th screenshot)