[Q] Square Card Reader on the hp touchpad

Search This thread

Cannonball003

Jul 2, 2012
Hi Guys,
Have any of you been able to successfully swipe a card with the HP touchpad and square card reader?

If so any tricks and what software version were you on? Any information about this would be awesome.

Thanks!

upsmanraz

Jun 2, 2010
DP, IL
I don't have square, but PayPal card reader works perfectly. I can remember what my signature says, but I'm on cm9 nightly.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
I don't have square, but PayPal card reader works perfectly. I can remember what my signature says, but I'm on cm9 nightly.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

do you still have your touchpad? and if so, does it work with cm10? does it only work with manual input of cc # or swiping as well?

upsmanraz

Jun 2, 2010
DP, IL
do you still have your touchpad? and if so, does it work with cm10? does it only work with manual input of cc # or swiping as well?

I havent tried with cm10. I do still have my touchpad, but ive given it over to my 2 year old for the learning games and puzzles. The swiping did work with cm9 i do remember that. Do you have the reader with the black or white bands on the plug? The first one I had with the black bands worked on cm9 and also with my Sensation, but didn't work on my Galaxy Note 2. Paypal sent me the reader with the white bands and that works. It could also be the black bands only work with ICS, and the white with JB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

kanisdragon

Feb 9, 2009
I havent tried with cm10. I do still have my touchpad, but ive given it over to my 2 year old for the learning games and puzzles. The swiping did work with cm9 i do remember that. Do you have the reader with the black or white bands on the plug? The first one I had with the black bands worked on cm9 and also with my Sensation, but didn't work on my Galaxy Note 2. Paypal sent me the reader with the white bands and that works. It could also be the black bands only work with ICS, and the white with JB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

How did you get Paypal Here installed on the Touchpad? When I open the app in Google Play it says it's not compatible with this device and offers no installation button. Searching online shows Paypal Here has never supported tablets on Android. More importantly, CyanogenMod on touchpad has never supported the mic pin on the headset jack, which is why square reader won't work with it. Paypal reader should have the same problem.