[ROM]ODJDuB HD*ELITE Series IV Resurrected*UPDATE!View Finder Fixed 05/13/12

Search This thread

martuseich

Mar 6, 2009
Thanks Diablo. Will give it a go when I get home tonight (early tomorrow morning lol) from working on the locks / access systems at the hospitals.

martuseich

Mar 6, 2009
Finally got around to getting re-rooted. So pissed that all the bloatware kept starting & restarting itself, I made the time to get it done.

Diablo, YOU ROCK! The link you shared wouldn't work for my unit as it that process refenced units pre 2.18, but it referenced another link for those of us with HBOOT 2.18. The guys who put that page together have done a fantastic job. Any idiot can follow their step by step & have success.

For those who have HBOOT 2.18, here's the stupid proof guide for rooting:

http://htcevohacks.com/htc-evo-hacks/how-to-root-htc-evo-4g-on-hboot-2-18-with-s-off/

Diablo67

Finally got around to getting re-rooted. So pissed that all the bloatware kept starting & restarting itself, I made the time to get it done.

Diablo, YOU ROCK! The link you shared wouldn't work for my unit as it that process refenced units pre 2.18, but it referenced another link for those of us with HBOOT 2.18. The guys who put that page together have done a fantastic job. Any idiot can follow their step by step & have success.

For those who have HBOOT 2.18, here's the stupid proof guide for rooting:

http://htcevohacks.com/htc-evo-hacks/how-to-root-htc-evo-4g-on-hboot-2-18-with-s-off/
Thanks brother.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    resurrected.png

Ok guys this is Konikubs Elite Series rom updated with the latest OTA kernel and the wifi is fixed.I kept everything intact,nothing was changed as far as the graphics/theme goes and no tweaks added,its as original as you can get.This rom is fast and smooth,so i hope you guys will like the new updated Elite Series IV.The actual problem i was having with the wifi issue was a corrupt driver.I also had to edit the market updater to keep the market from losing the transparency,otherwise it will update and go to the default theme.

Discalimer:I'm not held responsible for what happens after you download this rom,if you follow the install directions,there will be no problems.

Installation:

1)Download the rom to your desktop
    2)Connect your phone to your computer
    3)Drag and drop the rom onto your sd card
    4)Right click the icon in your taskbar and eject your phone
    5)Go into recovery and do a full wipe(everything,BUT SD CARD!!!!DO NOT WIPE SD CARD!!!!)
    6)Go to flash zip,then find zip to flash and install the rom
    7)First boot after wiping takes longer,but when you finish the set-up,go to system update and update your profile and PRL,then your golden.

Special thanks goes to the following for their commitment,help and donation to make this project successful:

Wgallt(Donator and beta tester)
    Outerdepth(Help with the wifi)
    Gruesomewolf

Channelog:

Added flashlight app
    Added build.prop tweaks
    Fixed market from updating and losing transparency
    Updated kernel to OTA 4.67.651.3 Stock
    Fixed corrupt wifi driver
    Preserved original theme
    Zipaligned apk's

Tweaks added:

Upgraded video recording and picture quality
    Increased wifi speed
    Decreased dialing out delay
    Internet Tweaks
    Render UI with GPU
    Increased size of delvik cache from 32m to 64m
    Increased scrolling response
    Increased battery saving potential
    Increased overall performance
    Increased video acceleration

Apps added:

Flashlight

Good:

Viewfinder Fix: (Thanks to Shanasty2)

4.3.4-cfs-havs-more-sbc

Tweaks & Kernels:

Lionfish-ver 1.2 Kernel

Smurfed Out Script

Download

ELITE Series IV
    Loading netarchy kernel fixed black/white viewfinder for me. This is the exact kernel used: (2.6.32.27-netarchy-toastmod-4.3.4-cfs-havs-more-sbc).
    I am also gonna be helping Diablo67 with this, so we can bring you the best and the brightest for this build. His pc will be back up asap, and I will be on this asap as well. You guys should receive an update lickity split, lol!

By the way, this is one my favorite oldy but goodies!!:D
    Well that made my day! Diablo pulled it off and I just did a two hour test drive and aside from a couple of kinks with the camera and wifi it's running like a champ. The battery drain is pretty rough like the original so we need to take a look at some alternate kernels. But all in all it's looking great. I'll let him fill ya in on the details tomorrow. Big thanks to Diablo for his hard work and stepping up on this.
    Like Wgallt said theres a few bugs with the wifi and video,i believe i know what the video issue is,its the wifi thats a little tricky,im testing a few kernels,like wireless n fix to solve this issue,since its a 4.67 base.Everything else works great,wgallt has confirmed the new updated base from froyo to gingerbread has been successfully applied.If anyone has any suggestions for the wifi,i will definitely give it a shot.

Everything stayed in tact,so it looks like the original,nothing was changed as far as the graphics go.I noticed konikub had some video and battery issues with his latest release,i will try to fix this issue also.I'm off to work,but ill be on it as soon as i get home guys.
    That sounds perfect!
    I'm heading to west coast, so my hours are going to be screwed up for the week. Let me know if you need help with anything, Diablo.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
    Thanks brother,i definitely will.

I like the idea of the Legacy Rosie, too. A ot of Tommy's tweaks would work well with this ROM, and I can do something for the stock Wallpaper. I had made and ES II wallpaper at one point that was nice.

Just one thing, Koni had a unique shade of a deep blue that I just love.

It's very close to #0e06b3 for anyone themeing this.
    Thats sounds great,i'll stick it in,i'm working on a beta release now,i have been donated to,so i have decided to let the donator(wgallt)take over testing,if he/she refuses,i will post that i have a opening for testers.Donators will have first choice of course.I will have a test rom ready tonite,i of course will test it first before uploading it to testers,so to make sure it boots and installs correctly.