Best Battery ROM

Search This thread

Virgiltu

Apr 1, 2009
OK so i installed almost every ROM on there and here is what i found.

TOP.

:good: CleanGB ---- Takes the crown, super fast battery charge in less then 45minutes the battery is full. Over a period of 8 hours in stand by(as i sleep) the battery did not drop at all.

:confused: CM9 ---- Took over 2.5 hours to charge the battery, in 8 hours it dropped 12% battery life.

:rolleyes: CM7 --- Charged in 1.7 hours and dropped 17% battery in 8 hours.

:eek: The rest were terrible, I would not even bother.

All configuration were the same. Everything off (wifi, gps, etc)

After all i installed CleanGB again at the end. And guess what in the past 8 hours battery did not at all in standby. My phone last 3 days on the same battery charge again, with normal to moderate use.

This was the same battery same settings.

Let me know if you guys found something else.

GUI experience:

CleanGB is cool and simple, however i wish they would upgrade to Android 4

CM9 has an really cool interface but i can not tolerate the battery drain issue.

CM7 is the worst of the two, not so great GUI and bad battery life.

If you still think im crazy install CleanGB and see for yourself. CM9 just needs to focus on the battery drain.
CleanGB is more focused on the phone working as it should and they did that really well. :good:

milky1112

Apr 24, 2011
Somewhere on Earth.

TOP.

:good: CleanGB ---- Takes the crown, super fast battery charge in less then 45minutes the battery is full. Over a period of 8 hours in stand by(as i sleep) the battery did not drop at all.

:confused: CM9 ---- Took over 2.5 hours to charge the battery, in 8 hours it dropped 12% battery life.

:rolleyes: CM7 --- Charged in 1.7 hours and dropped 17% battery in 8 hours.

:eek: The rest were terrible, I would not even bother.

All configuration were the same. Everything off (wifi, gps, etc)

After all i installed CleanGB again at the end. And guess what in the past 8 hours battery did not at all in standby. My phone last 3 days on the same battery charge again, with normal to moderate use.

This was the same battery same settings.

GUI experience:

CM9 has an really cool interface but i can not tolerate the battery drain issue.

CM7 is the worst of the two, not so great GUI and bad battery life.

If you still think im crazy install CleanGB and see for yourself. CM9 just needs to focus on the battery drain.
CleanGB is more focused on the phone working as it should and they did that really well. :good:

CM10 isn't horrible, I think it's a step above CM9 honestly, Mine charges over night so i don't know how much it would drain. during a day of moderate use (texting, reading XDA and what not) I'm generally about 65% or so (If not higher)

Virgiltu

Apr 1, 2009
CM10 isn't horrible, I think it's a step above CM9 honestly, Mine charges over night so i don't know how much it would drain. during a day of moderate use (texting, reading XDA and what not) I'm generally about 65% or so (If not higher)

I will try CM10, i didt think it was available for the epic. I do like the CM9 look but i hate the batter if CM10 is better then ill be happy.

Thank you. I will report findings.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
What the hell is this doing in development?
Read forum rules before posting!
Thread moved
FNM

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Reactions: Jackbenimble

mbellot

Jul 22, 2010

The People's ROM. It's as good as CleanGB (ran that for several months) and is based off the latest official release (FC09).

My one personal cheat is to use the CleanGB kernel with TPR, so that may be why I get fantastic battery life.

Never going to happen. CleanGB (and TPR) are both stock TouchWiz based ROMs and it's not too likely that Sprint will offer an ICS update for the Epic.

Reactions: KennyG123

yaji63

Nov 16, 2011
I' am on Cut & Paste Rom FC09 and this has given be best battery life as of today. I had clean GB earlier (sometime back) after which i tried all the other Roms (AOKP - ICS, MIUI - ICS, RandomRom 5.1) and then decided to try C&P and man this rocks !

I have got a battery life of 2 days with a talk time (voice call) of 4 hours and thats the best i have seen till now among all of the Roms on my phone

webslasher

Jul 4, 2011
Malang
try AOKP, people says it has better bettery life than CM9, so you can keep the "cool interface" while saving battery lol. Me myself never bother with battery as long as it last more than 1 hours. Always carrying one of those portable charger, If the battery is low then charge it haha.

adamdelozier

Mar 31, 2011
Milford, CT
try AOKP, people says it has better bettery life than CM9, so you can keep the "cool interface" while saving battery lol. Me myself never bother with battery as long as it last more than 1 hours. Always carrying one of those portable charger, If the battery is low then charge it haha.

+1 for aokp...with the nexus modem. Typical 3 hours screen on time, over 18 hours on. Time with out signal under 4% every day. Used to be around 15% with epic modem under same conditions. Using 1800 touch battery.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
+1 for aokp...with the nexus modem. Typical 3 hours screen on time, over 18 hours on. Time with out signal under 4% every day. Used to be around 15% with epic modem under same conditions. Using 1800 touch battery.

Did you get gps working with the nexus modem on aokp?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Jackbenimble

Jul 16, 2012
Shelby, Michigan
The rest are horrible..? Thats not very nice, if your looking for a battery saving ROM, you should definitely try The Peoples Rom (TPR) and if your not satisfied with thatt, try Cut&Paste Rom. Those two ROM's are awesome.

DaKillaWilla

Apr 12, 2009

TOP.

:good: CleanGB ---- Takes the crown, super fast battery charge in less then 45minutes the battery is full. Over a period of 8 hours in stand by(as i sleep) the battery did not drop at all. :

Your battery charges in 45mins? Does anybody elses battery charge in 45mins? I never heard of that before...

jeffreyjicha

Jun 21, 2010
Reno
On AOKP I enabled fast charge once, if you don't use it at all while it's on the charger I think it'll charge in 45 mins.
EDIT: here's a screenie from AOKP with fast charge enabled
6b27d32c-144a-e233.jpg

Last edited:

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis

Hmm perhaps I need to have didhiy do the kernel fix. There's a fix on the nexus s since people had the same problem. So far, I've only seen you and another person on the epic having that issue, which is odd. Talk to him though, since he fixed it somehow. His name is popssracer.

Reactions: omair2005

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
In my personal experiences, the newest Cut & Paste ROM has AMAZING battery life. I can get over a day easily at home all day with no charge, and maybe 15-24 hours out in the world (I'm a professional touring musician, so there's times where I have NO charging source at all).

What I noticed also has equal or better battery life to TouchWiz are MIUI ROMs. If you can manage your power usage and turn off data services when you aren't using them, I could EASILY get days out of battery on 2.1.6.

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
In my personal experiences, the newest Cut & Paste ROM has AMAZING battery life. I can get over a day easily at home all day with no charge, and maybe 15-24 hours out in the world (I'm a professional touring musician, so there's times where I have NO charging source at all).

What I noticed also has equal or better battery life to TouchWiz are MIUI ROMs. If you can manage your power usage and turn off data services when you aren't using them, I could EASILY get days out of battery on 2.1.6.

I would say if you know how to manager your data when you aren't using it EVERY rom can get great battery life... even cm10...
b8d774e6-b3a9-c348.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread moved in 3 ..... 2..... 1.......
    The rest are horrible..? Thats not very nice, if your looking for a battery saving ROM, you should definitely try The Peoples Rom (TPR) and if your not satisfied with thatt, try Cut&Paste Rom. Those two ROM's are awesome.

What the hell is this doing in development?
    Read forum rules before posting!
    Thread moved
    FNM

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

The People's ROM. It's as good as CleanGB (ran that for several months) and is based off the latest official release (FC09).

My one personal cheat is to use the CleanGB kernel with TPR, so that may be why I get fantastic battery life.

Never going to happen. CleanGB (and TPR) are both stock TouchWiz based ROMs and it's not too likely that Sprint will offer an ICS update for the Epic.

Hmm perhaps I need to have didhiy do the kernel fix. There's a fix on the nexus s since people had the same problem. So far, I've only seen you and another person on the epic having that issue, which is odd. Talk to him though, since he fixed it somehow. His name is popssracer.