[N10] CF-Auto-Root

Search This thread

Khaon

Apr 3, 2012
Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Yes, CFAR worked for me as well. An interesting thing is that root is still denied some actions. E.g.:

Code:
root@manta:/ # input key_event 26
/system/bin/input[6]: app_process: Permission denied
_and_
Code:
root@manta:/ # cat /sdcard/test.sh
#!/system/bin/sh
echo hello!
root@manta:/ # sh /sdcard/test.sh                                              
sh: /sdcard/test.sh: Permission denied
@Chainfire
Those lines of codes are executed by init.rc. The scripts looks with blkid if the file system of each partitions is f2fs or ext4 and then mount accordingly
Code:
  chmod 0777 ./check_fs.sh
    exec ./check_fs.sh
However it is never executed and its attributes are read only for each group of users. Any ideas about a workaround?

Last edited:

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Yes, CFAR worked for me as well. An interesting thing is that root is still denied some actions. E.g.:

Code:
root@manta:/ # input key_event 26
/system/bin/input[6]: app_process: Permission denied
_and_
Code:
root@manta:/ # cat /sdcard/test.sh
#!/system/bin/sh
echo hello!
root@manta:/ # sh /sdcard/test.sh                                              
sh: /sdcard/test.sh: Permission denied

@Chainfire
Those lines of codes are executed by init.rc. The scripts looks with blkid if the file system of each partitions is f2fs or ext4 and then mount accordingly
Code:
  chmod 0777 ./check_fs.sh
    exec ./check_fs.sh
However it is never executed and its attributes are read only for each group of users. Any ideas about a workaround?

More info on this will be available in a few days. Sorry I am falling behind on 5.0 root docs, but answering all these questions is only going to slow me down more.

Reactions: Aleq

Khaon

Apr 3, 2012
Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
More info on this will be available in a few days. Sorry I am falling behind on 5.0 root docs, but answering all these questions is only going to slow me down more.

No need to sorry with the amazing work you are already providing. You already figured out the source of the problem I reported?

Anyway thanks again for your work, let's wait for your guidelines release :good:

bv90andy

Nov 22, 2011
full su permission

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what will have to happen to have better permissions under su? For example I can get su in terminal but a command such as "wm size" meets with an error. Do the application developers need to change something? Or is the new su under L not giving true full permission?
Thanks

eagene

Apr 5, 2011
I tried this on my stock tablet but now I'm stuck at the boot animation (colored dots rotating around). I tried booting into recovery and doing a factory reset from there, but I got an error about mounting cache and it didn't help. I guess my next step is to reflash the factory image and see if I can get the tablet back up? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

ETA: It finally booted!

Last edited:

lepa71

Aug 25, 2010
Minneapolis
Couple questions
1. To have N10 just to be rooted. Do I have to have bootloader unlocked?
2. How does it work with Stock OTA from google than?

Thanks

isarebe

Feb 22, 2013
PALu7Du.jpg

I get this error when I tried using this: FASTBOOT STATUS - DATA00952800

Farhan9692

Oct 17, 2017
Unlock bootloader not working on my samsung device

Hii I have samsung galaxy SM-A500G fastboot oem unlock is not working showing (WAITING FOR DEVICE)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
    CF-Root has been available for many devices and has clocked over 9.5 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Nothing else, that's it.

Installation and usage

- Download the ZIP file (see post below for link)
    - Extract the ZIP file
    - Boot your device in bootloader/fastboot mode. Usually this can be done by turning your device off, then holding VolUp+VolDown+Power to turn it on.
    - Connect your device to your computer using USB

- Windows:
    --- Run root-windows.bat

- Linux
    --- chmod +x root-linux.sh
    --- Run root-linux.sh

- Mac OS X
    --- chmod +x root-mac.sh
    --- Run root-mac.sh

- Follow the on-screen instructions - watch both the computer and the device !

Note that if your device had not been unlocked before, this procedure will wipe all your data !

Are you having fastboot driver issues? You can find fastboot drivers in many places, but the easiest way is probably just installing the Android SDK.

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

Not included - adbd Insecure
    As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
    http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

CF-Auto-Root main thread
    [CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root
    For requests for new roots and generic discussion - please keep device specific discussion in the thread you are viewing now.
    Download

2013.05.20 --- CF-Auto-Root

SuperSU: v1.30

Download: CF-Auto-Root-manta-mantaray-nexus10.zip

--- History ---
    2013.05.20: SuperSU v1.30
    2013.02.20: SuperSU v1.05
    2012.12.02: SuperSU v0.98
    CF-Auto-Root has been updated with the 4.3 SuperSU. I've only been able to test the Galaxy Nexus version myself, but it should work on the N10. Let me know if it doesn't.
    All CF-Auto-Root's have been updated with SuperSU v1.05 today !
    Updated with the latest SuperSU v1.30