P1000 stay on boot, ''Internal MMC checksum failed''

Search This thread

erhangulsum

Dec 18, 2010
Zwolle
Hi all,

i bought a galaxy tab last month, and i installed cyanogenmod 9 nightlies. i was using without problem. but after 23.07 nightlies i got play store error. it wouldnt open. i saw that google account was removed. than i wanted full factory reset and wipe sd card and than clean cyanogenmod install...

Off course clockwork recoverymod was also deleted (i know i am stupid!)

Than i found some p1000 stock roms and tried install with odin. And i did it, installed rom without problem but when i turn my tablet on its waiting on boot screen. it doesnt turn on. stays on boot.

I found this when i was on recovery mod (tablets stock recovery) SEE ATTACHMENT PLEASE.

Now i have a tablet and i cant do anything. I think if i have a 3 files stock rom i can flash it with odin.

Do you know what do i have to do now? Please help me guys :(

Attachments

• tab.jpg
    tab.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 744

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
You have gone this far for nothing.
No Play or Gmail means you just need to flash gapps.
I know people say nightlies no need to flash gapps.
But if gapps is missing, just flash gapps again.

Now you are at this stage,
use Overcome method:

Go to overcome site
Http://www.teamovercome.net

Read the guide,
Missing pictures can be seen here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20974872
Follow the picture step by step.

Basically to restock:
Download GB-stock-safe-v5.zip, unzip it and and flash with ODIN according to the guide.

Once done, continue to flash overcome kernel tar using Odin
and then boot to CWM recovery and flash CM9 twice
then flash gapps.
Hopefully that solve your problem.

erhangulsum

Dec 18, 2010
Zwolle
yes, i found it here in xda, and it worked. but thanks for your reply, if someone has same problem they can read your message. it works

Reactions: wofhermes

scorpionhd2

Jan 12, 2013
Miami
yes, i found it here in xda, and it worked. but thanks for your reply, if someone has same problem they can read your message. it works

use Overcome method:

Go to overcome site

Read the guide,

Basically to restock:
Download GB-stock-safe-v5.zip, unzip it and and flash with ODIN according to the guide.

then flash gapps.

Hi all,

i bought a galaxy tab last month, and i installed cyanogenmod 9 nightlies. i was using without problem. but after 23.07 nightlies i got play store error. it wouldnt open. i saw that google account was removed. than i wanted full factory reset and wipe sd card and than clean cyanogenmod install...

Off course clockwork recoverymod was also deleted (i know i am stupid!)

Than i found some p1000 stock roms and tried install with odin. And i did it, installed rom without problem but when i turn my tablet on its waiting on boot screen. it doesnt turn on. stays on boot.

I found this when i was on recovery mod (tablets stock recovery) SEE ATTACHMENT PLEASE.

Now i have a tablet and i cant do anything. I think if i have a 3 files stock rom i can flash it with odin.

Do you know what do i have to do now? Please help me guys :(

I have the same problem, but I have the P1000N and the overcome is not compatible. I am on stock GB with superoneclick root. Any suggestions?

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
You can restock using GB stock safe v5 once, then flash your N stock GB again.
Or if your stock has pit file, you don't need GB stock safe v5.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app

scorpionhd2

Jan 12, 2013
Miami
You can restock using GB stock safe v5 once, then flash your N stock GB again.
Or if your stock has pit file, you don't need GB stock safe v5.

I restocked with Froyo that has pit, then flashed GB. Not sure if GB had pit though. Does it matter or should I flash stock safe v5 anyway first ?

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
If you follow my signature, that will take you to overcome files.
The PDF guide is quite clear.

Anyway it doesn't need to be GB. You want pit file so Odin can repartition the storage.

There is a chance your internal chip is failing.

scorpionhd2

Jan 12, 2013
Miami
I don't need to worry that the Overcome will brick my tab? Everything i have found says it will, or am I missing something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
well, I don't know for sure.
But the P1000N/L has different touch screen driver in their kernel.
You can flash it using Odin and you can even use the recovery, since CWM isn't touch screen based.

But that is not what I am saying above.
You asked for guide, I said Overcome guide is clear.

Have you even download the PDF and read?
Page 7/8 has picture of what to put in Odin fields. You can put GB stock safe v4, v5, or whatever, a Panama or Trinidad based GB, or even Froyo, the picture is still going to be the same (or similar).
So, use your froyo, use the guide. (or not) up to you.

Reactions: scorpionhd2

scorpionhd2

Jan 12, 2013
Miami
You can flash it using Odin and you can even use the recovery, since CWM isn't touch screen based.

Page 7/8 has picture of what to put in Odin fields. You can put GB stock safe v4, v5, or whatever, a Panama or Trinidad based GB, or even Froyo, the picture is still going to be the same (or similar).

Ok I will try it. Thank you very much!

geno93n0

Feb 28, 2013
This error regularly happens when flashing stock ROMs. Then you will have to download and flash dbdata.tar as PDA in Odin (Google "P1000 dbdata.tar"; it's about 1.25MB or so). This solves it for me and a few others.

Reactions: scorpionhd2

scorpionhd2

Jan 12, 2013
Miami
I just restocked less than an hour ago and ran into the same thing. Are you using the right PIT for your model?

OK so I am using the correct PIT, or so I understand. I even tried reflashing the dbdata.tar as PDA in Odin. Still no change.

Could this have an affect on the modem of the tab as well and cause it not to read the sim?

geno93n0

Feb 28, 2013
OK so I am using the correct PIT, or so I understand. I even tried reflashing the dbdata.tar as PDA in Odin. Still no change.

Could this have an affect on the modem of the tab as well and cause it not to read the sim?
No clue, never had to reflash my modem. That may have introduced a wild variable into the equation, because usually the dbdata trick fixes that problem.

I advise starting the whole Overcome restock process from the beginning. Try to ignore the modem part.

scorpionhd2

Jan 12, 2013
Miami
YAY! Fully rooted with SU and BusyBox Installed. I restocked to Froyo with PIT and Re-partition, then reflashed Froyo again (no PIT). Then flashed the dbdata.rfs.tar file. Then I was able to use Superoneclick to root and install SU & BB.

Thanks to each one of you for your help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

use Overcome method:

Go to overcome site

Read the guide,

Basically to restock:

then flash gapps.

This error regularly happens when flashing stock ROMs. Then you will have to download and flash dbdata.tar as PDA in Odin (Google "P1000 dbdata.tar"; it's about 1.25MB or so). This solves it for me and a few others.
    Did that twice. Didn't help :(

I just restocked less than an hour ago and ran into the same thing. Are you using the right PIT for your model?