[FLASHABLE] Vold.fstab SD Card Swap for Jellybean/ICS - Encryption Unsuccessful Error

Search This thread

N00B_IN_N33D

May 27, 2011
Pompano Beach
Hey everyone, just wanted to share these flashable .zip's with any whom have been affected by the Encryption Unsuccessful Error. If you've been affected, then you certainly know how monotonous of a task it is to edit the vold.fstab every time you install a new ROM. Well, with the recent explosion of Jellybean ROMs, I realized just how annoying it can be. Jumping from ROM to ROM became a chore, and after finally deciding enough was enough, I put together these flashable .zips for all to enjoy. Now switching ROMs is a seamless task! Even with the EU error!

Simply download and flash the appropriate .zip, and it'll switch out your old vold.fstab with a modified one. This can be done directly after installing a new ROM. Links found below:

Last edited:

stomacho

Jun 27, 2013
thumbs up

unbelieveable i have been trying a long time to fix this problem. excellent work really!

Aug 19, 2013
Awesome!!!

Simply download and flash the appropriate .zip, and it'll switch out your old vold.fstab with a modified one. This can be done directly after installing a new ROM. Links found below:

Dude! You are my hero:laugh:!!! I have been, for 2 weeks, trying to set this tricky Vold.fstab file with no sucess, at all (after the internal SD crashed).

Your .zip worked perfectly on my CM10.. Now i`m back to mobile multimedia :good:

Next step is to fix my GPS Hardware (but it can wait) :rolleyes:

perpetualrabbit

Sep 10, 2013
Hey everyone, just wanted to share these flashable .zip's with any whom have been affected by the Encryption Unsuccessful Error. If you've been affected, then you certainly know how monotonous of a task it is to edit the vold.fstab every time you install a new ROM. Well, with the recent explosion of Jellybean ROMs, I realized just how annoying it can be. Jumping from ROM to ROM became a chore, and after finally deciding enough was enough, I put together these flashable .zips for all to enjoy. Now switching ROMs is a seamless task! Even with the EU error!

I'm sorry, but this did not work for me. I have a Galaxy S3 which I rooted and flashed with cyanogenmod, nightly builds. So it had Jelly Bean on it. Last week suddenly it got hit with this encryption unsuccessful bug!
My phone is completely useless now, unless I can find some way to fix this.
I don't even know how to find out how the internal devices are named. However, in clockworkmod I saw this error:
mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 on /data: I/O error
So apparantly the internal storage is on /dev/block/mmcblk0, with at least 12 partitions.

Is there any way to find out what the right device file names would be for the galaxy s3, for the external sdcard?

Is there someone who could prepare the right vold.fstab to put android on the external sdcard for the s3, and make a flashable zip file for it?

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010
I'm sorry, but this did not work for me. I have a Galaxy S3 which I rooted and flashed with cyanogenmod, nightly builds. So it had Jelly Bean on it. Last week suddenly it got hit with this encryption unsuccessful bug!
I don't even know how to find out how the internal devices are named. However, in clockworkmod I saw this error:
So apparantly the internal storage is on /dev/block/mmcblk0, with at least 12 partitions.

Is there any way to find out what the right device file names would be for the galaxy s3, for the external sdcard?

Is there someone who could prepare the right vold.fstab to put android on the external sdcard for the s3, and make a flashable zip file for it?

May be this will help.....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2439367

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

rushiachrekar

Sep 15, 2013

what are the benifits are doing this?
we have to flash it frm recovery mode...right?

kub123

Nov 1, 2013
Feiteng H9500 - vold.fstab !!!HELP!!!

Hi, I beg you for help!
I needed to replace my phone's internal SD card with external SD card, I did everything according to the instructions of the net. Through root explorer I found a file vold.fstab (system / etc / vold.fstab) and replaced it with a downloaded file vold.fstab. After rebooting everything should be ok, but unfortunately it was not - now I have only the phone memory. The original file I unfortunately accidentally backed up to the internal SD which I can not get :( I do not know what to do, without fixing this problem, the phone useless. I would very much appreciate if I'm with someone of you can help. Example, if a anyone have the same phone (Feiteng H9500) and could you send me the file vold.fstab. Thanks

-jeiz-

Jan 3, 2014
help?

do you have a flashable vold.fstab for my kata fish tab 3> running jb 4.2

flashable via stock recovery. BADLY NEED IT! thank you!

Prasoon007

Jun 11, 2014
Help !!!!

Hey can anybody modify my vold.fstab file for sd card swapping please. I have tried many times with many methods but unsuccessful my mobile is Panasonic T21.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• vold.zip
    549 bytes · Views: 169

numerouz

Sep 15, 2014
help me creating flashable vold.fstab

plls make this flashable to my gingerbread phone. i use via stock recovery only

Attachments

• vold.fstab.apk
    1.1 KB · Views: 226

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

May be this will help.....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2439367

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Do you think these will work with Captivate? Thanks!
    Yes it should work with captivate

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda app-developers app
    Do you think these will work with Captivate? Thanks!

I can guarantee you, without a doubt, that both of the above flashables work for both the Vibrant and the Captivate.

I even double checked, just to be certain. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959