[TUT][L5] complete guide - installing custom roms on jellybean!

Search This thread

Amathagma

Sep 7, 2013
Heraklion
Is it just me or the CWM in this guide stucks the keyboard after reboot?
I flashed this package and whenever i get in CWM recovery and reboot without doing anything, the keyboard does not work and i can't enter pin code (I 've flashed CM but it's the same with both 10.1 and 10.2 versions), so I believe it's not CM's rom issue.

dev-DaT

Mar 6, 2013
OnePlus One
Redmi K20 Pro
Is it just me or the CWM in this guide stucks the keyboard after reboot?
I flashed this package and whenever i get in CWM recovery and reboot without doing anything, the keyboard does not work and i can't enter pin code (I 've flashed CM but it's the same with both 10.1 and 10.2 versions), so I believe it's not CM's rom issue.

Did you completely wiped your phone before you installed cm?

Sent from my LG-E610 using xda app-developers app

dev-DaT

Mar 6, 2013
OnePlus One
Redmi K20 Pro
I don't remember well, but the instructions you give on the first page don't say anything for wipe before install rom.
Anyway is there a way to fix it now?
Thanks...

yes sorry about that, i will add that. But to solve your problem you have to wipe everthing from your phone, you can do this by going into CWM and go to "mounts and storage menu" --> format /cache, /data and /media, /system, /sdcard, then wipe the dalvik cache under the advanced tab. after you wiped everything you can install your rom and everything will be okay.

Reactions: Amathagma

Amathagma

Sep 7, 2013
Heraklion
yes sorry about that, i will add that. But to solve your problem you have to wipe everthing from your phone, you can do this by going into CWM and go to "mounts and storage menu" --> format /cache, /data and /media, /system, /sdcard, then wipe the dalvik cache under the advanced tab. after you wiped everything you can install your rom and everything will be okay.

Ok thanks for that, I'll try it.
So, after that the phone will be completely empty and I'll need KDZ updater, right?

Last edited:

su_haris

Sep 30, 2013
Kottayam
I cant access Root!

Downloaded SuperUser from play, but still no root!

Also, after flashing this KDZ, my Phone is identified as LG-E610 (instead of LG-E612)

Is it Okay to flash a ROM without the superuser installed?

PS: I am new to this thats why! thanks in advance

Reactions: divyangdave

dev-DaT

Mar 6, 2013
OnePlus One
Redmi K20 Pro
Downloaded SuperUser from play, but still no root!

Also, after flashing this KDZ, my Phone is identified as LG-E610 (instead of LG-E612)

Is it Okay to flash a ROM without the superuser installed?

PS: I am new to this thats why! thanks in advance

If you can enter cwm your good to go, just be sure to wipe everything from phone before installing new rom like cm11.

Sent from my LG-E610 using Tapatalk

Reactions: su_haris

Kontos_Gr

Apr 10, 2011
Athens
Despite my efforts phone can't see my sim card.Tried flashing 20d+root + cwm.kdz nothing happened.Then tried custom roms but same problem still..Flashed both basebands but still "no sim card" message..any ideas?

raphysaur

Feb 21, 2013
I've rooted and installed CWM 6.0.2.8 on my LG E612(V20e) using V20d+root+CWM on KDZ updater...
I've tried installing CM 10, 10.1, 10.2 and 11, Vanir, AOSP mod+Clean and Slimbean ROMs. All seem to be installed properly but once the phone is booted the touchscreen doesn't work? The only L5 Custom ROM wherein the touchscreen worked was KOLROM.
What seems to be the problem? Please help.. Thanks..

dev-DaT

Mar 6, 2013
OnePlus One
Redmi K20 Pro
I've rooted and installed CWM 6.0.2.8 on my LG E612(V20e) using V20d+root+CWM on KDZ updater...
I've tried installing CM 10, 10.1, 10.2 and 11, Vanir, AOSP mod+Clean and Slimbean ROMs. All seem to be installed properly but once the phone is booted the touchscreen doesn't work? The only L5 Custom ROM wherein the touchscreen worked was KOLROM.
What seems to be the problem? Please help.. Thanks..

Did you do a clean install? (Did you wiped /system /data (everything) and then installed the custom ROM?)

Reactions: raphysaur

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
@dev-DaT thanks for this guide!

I will flash friend's L5 with this :)

Just one question:
By formatting SD card, will the storage of the L5 get erased? (all data)

I will use extSD anyway....

Reactions: 4Freedom

dev-DaT

Mar 6, 2013
OnePlus One
Redmi K20 Pro

Just one question:

By formatting SD card you will delete everything except /system and /cache. on sdcard are all apps, user information, foto's, downloads etc. But if you want to install a ROM on it you have to delete everything so that you have an empty phone, then you can flash a ROM properly through cwm, if you dont do a full wipe upon installation of a new ROM you (can) get problems.

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
@dev-DaT

Mate, do you think this method might work with the L5 e460 ??
It has now JB 4.1.2

I have the feeling that this baltic FW doesn't match the device I have to flash....

Reactions: 4Freedom

dev-DaT

Mar 6, 2013
OnePlus One
Redmi K20 Pro
@dev-DaT

Mate, do you think this method might work with the L5 e460 ??
It has now JB 4.1.2

I have the feeling that this baltic FW doesn't match the device I have to flash....

E460 is lg optimus l5 II so this would not work. But if you accidentally flashed you can use the same tool to recover the phone, you only have to find the right kdz.

Sorry for that i should have been more clear about the device type, going to update that soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: tetakpatak

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
E460 is lg optimus l5 II so this would not work. But if you accidentally flashed you can use the same tool to recover the phone, you only have to find the right kdz.

Sorry for that i should have been more clear about the device type, going to update that soon.

That's good idea, mate- update the OP.
Don't worry, (I flash aprox about 12-15 times a week :silly: ) and wouldn't start on an unknown device without being 100% sure :D

No hard brick yet therefore .....
Greetings and thx ;)

Reactions: dev-DaT

su_haris

Sep 30, 2013
Kottayam
Reverting?

Hey there!
Currently, My phone runs on CM11..
Since, I am giving this phone to my mom to use for a while, I'd like to revert back to stock..
A few doubts:
-Is it okay if I flash the firmware which came with my device (V20B, LGE612)..??
-Will my CWM go and bootloader will lock?
-Any Issues?

And, I plan to do like this; correct me if I am wrong!
-Take Nandroid Backup.
-Wipe data, cache and dalvik.
-Reboot.
-Power off and enter download mode.
-Flash via KDZ

Thanks in advance!! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody and welcome to my second guide for how to get root, unlocked bootloader, CWM, and finally installing the roms for our precious LG optimus L5! (e610,12 and 17)

Let's start!

If you are still on android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich, follow my other guide: ICS GUIDE

ALL in one!

So for rooting Jellybean i haven't found a proper root method yet, so that means we are going to flash a pre-rooted kdz file!
    In this case this pre-rooted kdz file also contains unlocked bootloader and CWM so this is much easier.

1. Download kdz updater (attatched below)
    2. Be sure to first install msxml.msi or else you will get crash during the update process.
    3. Download the all in one kdz file, this contains firware version 20D Baltic with root, unlocked boot and CWM recovery. (comes in all languages)
    4. Make a backup of your phone, contacts etc. (optional)
    5. Once you downloaded everything, take your phone out of your pocket and turn it off.
    6. Hold the "-" volume button and connect your phone with your pc (make sure you have all the drivers installed)
    7. Now your phone should be in emergency/download mode
    8. Now we are going to install the new firmware, open up KDZ_updater.exe and set the type to: 3GQCT and phone mode to DIAG
    select the kdz file you just downloaded (20d+root + cwm.kdz) and click "launch software update".
    9. KDZ updater will probably crash, this is normal, that means that it is finished ;) the last code you will see is something like "wparam: 100"
    10.If everything went well your phone should reboot and launch in the new firmware. Download "superuser" from Playstore.

When your phone is bricked you can just follow these steps again to unbrick your device.

Installing custom roms

1. Download the custom rom you want and place it on you phone. (Preferred on external SD card)
    2. To install custom roms you have to go into CWM (clock work mod). you can enter CWM by going into terminal and type "su" and then "reboot recovery" OR turn your device off, then press volume"-" + home button + power button until it vibrates and shows LG logo then release only power button and keep pressing both of the others for about 8 seconds then release.
    3. While you are in CWM you can navigate with the + and - volume buttons and the power button is enter.
    4. Before you install any new rom, wipe everything from your phone by going to "mounts and storage menu" --> format /cache, /data and /media, /system, /sdcard, then wipe the dalvik cache under the advanced tab. If you don't do this you can get problems!
    So now you can select your customrom.zip and press the power button, your rom will now install. after it is installed you can reboot your phone and if you did everything right your phone should boot into your new rom, the first boot can take a long time sometimes.

Some custom roms for jellybean:
    CM10.1
    CM10.2
    JellyBeer

If you want a ICS based rom like cm10 or MIUI you first have to flash v10 baseband attatched below.

Happy Flashing!
    Key combination for recovery is (if I'm not wrong cause it sometimes fails just keep trying) volume"-" + home button + power button until it vibrates and show LG logo then release only power button and keep pressing both of the others for about 8 seconds then release.

Sent from my LG-E612 using xda app-developers app
    I thought that that rooting method didn't work for android 4.1.2

Sent from my LG-E610 using xda app-developers app

You're right. The E617G does not have 4.1.2 with stock anyways, only 4.0.3. Please disregard my post.

I meant to post this in in the ICS thread, where it states that there is no unlocked bootloader support for the E617, which is false.
    Test working! Thank you very much. Have been looking for LG L5 root for quite a long time.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Key combination for recovery is (if I'm not wrong cause it sometimes fails just keep trying) volume"-" + home button + power button until it vibrates and show LG logo then release only power button and keep pressing both of the others for about 8 seconds then release.

Sent from my LG-E612 using xda app-developers app

CWM working perfectly. Key combination is exactly what you described.

Just one question:

By formatting SD card you will delete everything except /system and /cache. on sdcard are all apps, user information, foto's, downloads etc. But if you want to install a ROM on it you have to delete everything so that you have an empty phone, then you can flash a ROM properly through cwm, if you dont do a full wipe upon installation of a new ROM you (can) get problems.