[Q] Problem flashing from USB Key

Search This thread

shcassacazz

Dec 2, 2013
Dear All,

I need some help!

I had a weird issue with my tab over the weekend where it would boot to the upgrading dialog, but would only say application 1 of 1, rather than the usual 50+. This would run for hours, so I decided just to reflash the os again without a clean wipe. I imagine this may have been a bad idea. So, I went into CWM and went to flash again, but the tablet crashed just as it started the flashing process, which was bad enough. However, when I went back into CWM, I remembered Nandroid backup and I hoped I had made one! However, rather than hit recover, I selected store (clicked without thinking), which was the cherry on the top of my day of major you-know-whats.

So, the .zip (I think it is v10.1) appears to be corrupt, so I can't flash my original again.

I can't boot the OS to transfer over a new .zip (10.2 would be nice) as I normally would, as I can't start Android at all.

Putting the files on a FAT-formatted USB key isn't recognised by CWM. Trying to mount usb storage gave an error regarding lun path.

So, my questions are:

1) Is there a way to transfer an image onto the internal storage of my tab via CWM, or get it to recognise the USB storage?

2) What are my other options, if 1) isn't possible.

3) If 2) is answered in the negative, have I just made myself a fancy coaster and a good excuse to get a LG G-Pad?

Thanks for your help!

shcassacazz

Dec 2, 2013
If you can boot to download mode you can use ODIN to flash a rom.

Hi upconvert,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I can get to download mode and I did try to flash a stock ROM from a hotfiles link provided elsewhere on this site last night. However, at NAND Write Start I get three errors on my tablet: WritePartition, DownloadPartition_odin, and Tegra_Nand_Write. I'm not sure what they mean (google didn't reveal any added info). I'm assuming it means the flash storage is either write-protected or can't be found?

I'm going to try and download the ROM again in case it was corrupted somehow. I will retry in the meantime but after I've wiped it again. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

shcassacazz

Dec 2, 2013
Ok, I was able to wipe /data, but it seems to be hanging when trying to wipe /cache. I'd expect it to be finishing in a few seconds, but this is going for minutes.

Hi upconvert,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I can get to download mode and I did try to flash a stock ROM from a hotfiles link provided elsewhere on this site last night. However, at NAND Write Start I get three errors on my tablet: WritePartition, DownloadPartition_odin, and Tegra_Nand_Write. I'm not sure what they mean (google didn't reveal any added info). I'm assuming it means the flash storage is either write-protected or can't be found?

I'm going to try and download the ROM again in case it was corrupted somehow. I will retry in the meantime but after I've wiped it again. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

shcassacazz

Dec 2, 2013
So, I've not been able to get anywhere with this. I also can't download a new odin tarball after what happened to hotfile. Anyone got any suggestions as to why the nand write errors are happening? Has the storage drive actually died on the tablet?

Ok, I was able to wipe /data, but it seems to be hanging when trying to wipe /cache. I'd expect it to be finishing in a few seconds, but this is going for minutes.

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
So, I've not been able to get anywhere with this. I also can't download a new odin tarball after what happened to hotfile. Anyone got any suggestions as to why the nand write errors are happening? Has the storage drive actually died on the tablet?

Have you tried to format your sdcard from CWM?, cuz formatting it might let the nand write errors disappear

I didn't follow everything you said so I don't know if you've tried the adb files push through USB or not
so if computer can recognise your device through adb try this METHOD

Oh and by the way, SAMMobile website has a new mirror website, so now you can download Odin tar files again
Directly Here is the latest FW for P7300 , and if you're more comfortable with dev-host mirror than Here you go (the two files are the same latest release)
and Here is the the latest FW for P7310, I don't have any other mirrors for that

shcassacazz

Dec 2, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I can't even get access to CWM anymore. Goes straight to Odin download mode after the Samsung splash screen. Unfortunately, I found another post on XDA that seems to explain my problem:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1532636&page=3

I think the HDD has died completely, as I am getting exactly what that chap was getting. I can't install a PIT file. I couldn't access my sdcard from CWM previously either. Sounds like tablet is a goner. Will post to Samsung and see what they say.

Thanks for your time.

Have you tried to format your sdcard from CWM?, cuz formatting it might let the nand write errors disappear

I didn't follow everything you said so I don't know if you've tried the adb files push through USB or not
so if computer can recognise your device through adb try this METHOD

Oh and by the way, SAMMobile website has a new mirror website, so now you can download Odin tar files again
Directly Here is the latest FW for P7300 , and if you're more comfortable with dev-host mirror than Here you go (the two files are the same latest release)
and Here is the the latest FW for P7310, I don't have any other mirrors for that

shcassacazz

Dec 2, 2013
Tab repaired by Samsung

Ok, eventually sent my tab off to Samsung for warranty repair. Received it back and working fine now. Not sure what they did in the end, but got my tab back at least. Thanks for everyone's help.

This thread can be closed.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I can't even get access to CWM anymore. Goes straight to Odin download mode after the Samsung splash screen. Unfortunately, I found another post on XDA that seems to explain my problem:

I think the HDD has died completely, as I am getting exactly what that chap was getting. I can't install a PIT file. I couldn't access my sdcard from CWM previously either. Sounds like tablet is a goner. Will post to Samsung and see what they say.

Thanks for your time.

Reactions: upconvert

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tab repaired by Samsung

Ok, eventually sent my tab off to Samsung for warranty repair. Received it back and working fine now. Not sure what they did in the end, but got my tab back at least. Thanks for everyone's help.

This thread can be closed.

Hi,

Thanks for your time.