[ROM WSG Beta v0.0.7 05/08/2012

Search This thread

pats4life100

Sep 27, 2010
hey

i just did then dumpest thing and body can do i did a factory reset from inside the damn Rom now i keep booting back in to recovery i tried flashing another rom boots right back in to recovery and ideas

jaycustom

Aug 1, 2010
Chi-Town
Yep, just opened it open and notice a circular touch screen spot about the seize of a dime in the middle of the screen. Kinda looks like something in underneath the touchscreen. When I touch the dot it expands then turns grey. Guess I need to return, problem is the store is about an hour drive from my house.So I'll have to make my way there tomorrow. Sorry Guys/Girls!!!

Ouch! Sounds like an air bubble. Getting SquareTrade this time Zen?;)
I can't wait to see what comes next for this ROM. If I remember correctly, you were going to release an update with .21 integrated in right before your Prime died. Is that still happening or was that lost when the Prime passed? Very interested to see what's coming is all, especially to us donators:D GET WELL SOON! heh

Arun01

Feb 6, 2011
MasterZen...I keep getting a "License check failed" when i use apps like Overskreen,stick it & splashtop.Saying unable to verify my purchase.What gives?

jaycustom

Aug 1, 2010
Chi-Town
MasterZen...I keep getting a "License check failed" when i use apps like Overskreen,stick it & splashtop.Saying unable to verify my purchase.What gives?

I don't think that has to do with this ROM...though I could be wrong. But I am using Overskreen and it's fine. All of my other paid apps are also functional.:D

MasterZen88

Status Update: Well were do I begin.... So last week I picked up a new tablet onFriday, once home the stupid screen would not turn on so later the night I start staring at my old tablet think there got to be a way to fix it... Well after three hours of trying different methods I finally found a way to re-flash it using fastboot. Only problem now is the touch screen will not work and my LCD screen is cracked. Guess this is what I get for opening it up in the first place...

Bottom line is I'm going to document the process to recover from a true brick.. cases like flashing the stock rom or screwing up the kernel/bootloader can be fixed. If you can access fastboot then all is not lost.

Tonight I will pick up yet another tablet, test it in-store before I leave then by tonight I can test my new rom. If all goes well I'm looking at Wednesday for a BETA.

MasterZen88

Ouch! Sounds like an air bubble. Getting SquareTrade this time Zen?;)
I can't wait to see what comes next for this ROM. If I remember correctly, you were going to release an update with .21 integrated in right before your Prime died. Is that still happening or was that lost when the Prime passed? Very interested to see what's coming is all, especially to us donators:D GET WELL SOON! heh

Yes the new rom will have .21 integrated.

The secret of a Good rom is how its is built. Starting from a stock rom to a finished product. I start out by extracting the stock blob, run my conversion process, then all my tweaks. This ensure FULL control over the android OS.

FYI:: :)
I DO NOT base my rom off any other devs work.

benefit14snake

Dec 23, 2011
Henrico, VA
Status Update: Well were do I begin.... So last week I picked up a new tablet onFriday, once home the stupid screen would not turn on so later the night I start staring at my old tablet think there got to be a way to fix it... Well after three hours of trying different methods I finally found a way to re-flash it using fastboot. Only problem now is the touch screen will not work and my LCD screen is cracked. Guess this is what I get for opening it up in the first place...

Bottom line is I'm going to document the process to recover from a true brick.. cases like flashing the stock rom or screwing up the kernel/bootloader can be fixed. If you can access fastboot then all is not lost.

Tonight I will pick up yet another tablet, test it in-store before I leave then by tonight I can test my new rom. If all goes well I'm looking at Wednesday for a BETA.

Glad the old one is working again. Sounds like you are having a hell of a time with this. I look forward to your future work. Im not sure if you have kept up or not but motley and shaky are making some amazing progress with his kernel. Cant wait to use their kernel on your rom!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

jaycustom

Aug 1, 2010
Chi-Town
Yes the new rom will have .21 integrated.

The secret of a Good rom is how its is built. Starting from a stock rom to a finished product. I start out by extracting the stock blob, run my conversion process, then all my tweaks. This ensure FULL control over the android OS.

FYI:: :)
I DO NOT base my rom off any other devs work.

I believe you when you say that...yours is the best running ROM I've had on the Prime. You obviously know what your doing.

Um...I never said nor implied that you based your ROM off of other devs work.
Maybe you just put that out there?

MasterZen88

I believe you when you say that...yours is the best running ROM I've had on the Prime. You obviously know what your doing.

Um...I never said nor implied that you based your ROM off of other devs work.
Maybe you just put that out there?

Yes.. just putting it out there... Not trying to offend anyone.. Guess i should have re-word it to sound nicer... Sorry about that. Just wanted to explain how this rom came to life.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

TheAggression

Jan 27, 2011
Yes.. just putting it out there... Not trying to offend anyone.. Guess i should have re-word it to sound nicer... Sorry about that. Just wanted to explain how this rom came to life.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Hey MasterZen, quick question as I'm kind of curious. Will your next rom be based on Android 4.0.4 or 4.0.3? I'm asking because I just noticed that there's ROM for the Primes that is based on 4.0.4. I didn't think we'd see that so soon since Asus hasn't released it for the Prime. Either way, I'm looking forward to the next update. Cheers :)

MasterZen88

Hey MasterZen, quick question as I'm kind of curious. Will your next rom be based on Android 4.0.4 or 4.0.3? I'm asking because I just noticed that there's ROM for the Primes that is based on 4.0.4. I didn't think we'd see that so soon since Asus hasn't released it for the Prime. Either way, I'm looking forward to the next update. Cheers :)

Not really sure yet. We could probably use some things from AOKP. Problem is that rom is based from CM9, which uses a lot of its own framework and kernel.

For now I will base WSG v0.0.4 from stock .21. But I will experiment with cm9 code and push out a rom to beta users just not sure when... Only time can tell.....

barryflanagan

Aug 17, 2009
Dublin
barry.flanagan.ie
Not really sure yet. We could probably use some things from AOKP. Problem is that rom is based from CM9, which uses a lot of its own framework and kernel.

AOKP is NOT based off CM9. Both AOKP and CM9 are based off the AOSP source tree code, and are quite independent of one another. Some features may be incorporated one from the other (I cannot name any off-hand) but that is simply the beauty of open source.

Sorry, but romanbb and the AOKP devs deserve credit for their outstanding work :)

Reactions: benefit14snake

MasterZen88

AOKP is NOT based off CM9. Both AOKP and CM9 are based off the AOSP source tree code, and are quite independent of one another. Some features may be incorporated one from the other (I cannot name any off-hand) but that is simply the beauty of open source.

Sorry, but romanbb and the AOKP devs deserve credit for their outstanding work :)

My mistake. Your completely right, they do deserve credit.

K

kalparker

I dont think its related to the rom. Try wiping your market cache via settings>app

When you setup your accounts, did you setup your main one which had your licenses first? Or did you setup others? I would remove the accounts and re-add them. Make sure you add your main one that holds your license. Try wiping market, but when you go in make sure you quickly click settings and switch accounts to the main one. That is how i fixed my issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WSG
    WabiSabiGeeks

Latest ROM: WSG Beta v0.0.7
    Last Update: May 8, 2012
    Type: ICS

Wabi-Sabi: Finding the beauty in, and embracing the imperfect!

Perfect is repeatable. Imperfect is Perfect

PLEASE NOTE: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device. This includes acts of God, your wife/girlfriend breaking it over your head for using it too much, or jealous iPhone owners!

..::INCLUDED MAIN FEATURES::..
    • Based on ASUS release US 9.4.2.21
    • Deodexed
    • Unsecure Boot.img
    • Mounted all partitions as Read/Write
    • Rooted
    • Custom initramfs (init.d supported)
    • Normal mode running at 1.4Ghz, High performance running at 1.6Ghz
    • Ext 4 tweaks
    • Optimaize apk files (PNG Opt, Resources and APK Comperssion, Zipalign)
    • System tweak for optimal performance
    • Network speeds(ipv4) tweaked
    • Beats Audio & Xloud
    • KickAssKernelizer
    • V6 SuperCharger

..:: Donations::..
    THANK YOU FOR THE FOLLOWING DONATION:
    • trseighty
    • jaycustom
    • lollee76
    • gmanhad
    • Scuddster
    • benefit14snake
    • cbasse

..::A Special Thanks::..
    • Jermaine151
    • Diamondback
    • di11igaf
    • AndroidRoot.mobi
    • Motley

..::Installation::..
    Pulled from Jermaine151 stock rom page (Thanks)
    • Make sure your Prime is unlocked and you have CWM installed (see this thread for help and a handy tool to do that)
    • Shut down the prime
      [*]Hold both the Power-button and the Volume-down button until the splash screen appears and some white text in the left top corner is visible
      [*]Release both buttons and press the Volume-up button
      [*]The device now boots into your CWM recovery
      [*]Make a backup of your current ROM
      [*]Inside CWM select "wipe data/factory reset" (Optional but highly recommended)
      [*]Then flash the rom zip as usual

..::ROM::..

DOWNLOAD LINK: PULLED DUE TO PROBLEMS
    DOWNLOAD MIRROR:

..::OLD ROM Link::..
    WSG_Beta_v0.0.6

..::ChangeLog::..
    Code:
    WSG Beta - 0.0.7
    [LIST]
    [*]Fix - Beats Audio for Bluetooth
    [*]Attempt a possible fix for flashing ROM
    [*]Update - Motley v2.6.11 1.6GHz
    [*]More tweaking for performance
    [/LIST]

WSG Beta - 0.0.6
    [LIST]
    [*]Based on ASUS release US 9.4.2.21
    [*]Added Android 4.0.4 System Servies and App Processing
    [*]Added Cron Support (Cron scripts will run daily, weekly, and monthly)
    [*]New Aroma UI Setup
    [*]Full (GPU) rendering is turned off by default
    [*]Fixed init.d scripts
    [*]More app clean-up
    [*]Using Motley Beta v2.4
    [*]Update - Beats Audio & Xloud
    [*]Update - V6 SuperCharger
    [/LIST]

WSG Beta - 0.0.3-Patch
    [LIST]
    [*]Fix Accounts & Sync FC
    [/LIST]

WSG Beta - 0.0.3
    [LIST]
    [*]Remove software(CPU) rendering and use full(GPU) rendering
    [*]Adjusted UI frame rate
    [*]Removed more ASUS Apps
    [*]Using Motley Beta v2.0 (Thanks _motley)
    [*]Added Back V6 SuperCharger (Thanks zeppelinrox)
    [*]New su binary (Thanks Wraithdu)
    [*]Added KickAssKernelizer (Thanks zeppelinrox)
    [/LIST]

WSG Beta v0.0.2
    [LIST]
    [*]Fix Memory leaks
    [*]Mount all partitions as Read-Only
    [*]Compression level set 9 on all apps/framework
    [*]Removed V6 SuperCharger until fully tested
    [*]Tweak even more setting
    [*]Darky's Zipalign script that actually works
    [*]NEW zipalign binary
    [*]NEW sqlite3 binary
    [*]Wraithdu BusyBox v1.19.4 (Thanks Wraithdu)
    [*]Added MasterZen's GPS Fix
    [*]Beats Audio & Xloud (Thanks RockoDev)
    [*]Added CM9 DSP Manager
    [*]VolumePlus v1.9-RB3 (Thanks Meltus)
    [/LIST]

WSG Beta v0.0.1
    [LIST]
    [*]Based on ASUS release US 9.4.2.15
    [*]Deodexed
    [*]Unsecure Boot.img
    [*]Mounted all partitions as Read/Write
    [*]Rooted
    [*]Custom initramfs (init.d supported)
    [*]Normal mode running at 1.4Ghz, High performance running at 1.6Ghz
    [*]Ext 4 tweaks
    [*]Optimaize apk files (PNG Opt, Resources and APK Comperssion, Zipalign)
    [*]System tweak for optimal performance
    [*]Network speeds(ipv4) tweaked
    [*]V6 SuperCharger
    [/LIST]
    New Release ..Have Fun!
    New WSG BETA v0.0.6 Rom ready for your flashing needs!!!!
    Reserved for me!!
    Looking forward to your new update. How's it coming?

Sent from my EPAD using xda premium

Well the rom I had re-built from the ground up had to many issue to address at this moment. SO for now I going to release a v7 that should fix most of the problems. Currently in testing.