(ROM)(PORT) MIUI V4-(2.8.3) T959 vibrant / JB Miui in second post

Search This thread

krackerjac

Mar 27, 2011
land of Nod
this roms running brilliant for me
no FC's
buttery smooth
I have around 18 apps as for GPS i dont know, I dont use it..... Im a gamer nut so basically using my phone as an emulator.
thank you jrongi for this great rom
and all your support
and u to MP for your super subZero straight out of mortal kombat kernel....:D

Reactions: jrongi1

Oxirane

Oct 10, 2010
Tallahassee
Is there any way to disable that data conservation thing where it tells me almost all market apps should be wifi downloads?

Installed last night, very happy with it so far!

Ste11a

Jun 14, 2008
Tennessee
Excellent ROM! It's smooth. My only real complaint is the unorganized folder but I read we're waiting for MIUI devs to add it. Great job and thanks for bringing ICS MIUI to Vibrant.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Crash1014

Aug 29, 2009
Maple Shade, NJ
Excellent ROM! It's smooth. My only real complaint is the unorganized folder but I read we're waiting for MIUI devs to add it. Great job and thanks for bringing ICS MIUI to Vibrant.

I don't like the folder setup either, but jrongi1 did a great job on this build. So I'll deal with the folders. LoL! :D

Reactions: jrongi1

TJEclipse

Apr 11, 2011
Florida Panhandle
so we don't have to fix permissions after we do everything else?? I know in the past it has always been that way. I am also thinking about going back to stock and starting over from scratch. Same instructions after I go from a complete stock install??

Crash1014

Aug 29, 2009
Maple Shade, NJ
so we don't have to fix permissions after we do everything else?? I know in the past it has always been that way. I am also thinking about going back to stock and starting over from scratch. Same instructions after I go from a complete stock install??

What ROM are you going from that you want to go back to stock first? I came off of ICSZen 1.5.1 without any issues. You do not need to fix permissions after you flash. Just follow OP to a "T" and you'll be fine. :thumbup:

TJEclipse

Apr 11, 2011
Florida Panhandle
What ROM are you going from that you want to go back to stock first? I came off of ICSZen 1.5.1 without any issues. You do not need to fix permissions after you flash. Just follow OP to a "T" and you'll be fine. :thumbup:

For whatever reason I have no service with T-Mobile. I'm not sure what happened. I completely redid my phone started from scratch and followed instructions to a t. Any suggestions?

Crash1014

Aug 29, 2009
Maple Shade, NJ
For whatever reason I have no service with T-Mobile. I'm not sure what happened. I completely redid my phone started from scratch and followed instructions to a t. Any suggestions?

Try just flashing the ROM over top of itself. Don't wipe again. I had that issue too. It took about five minutes to get service. Let me know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Miui V4 T959 Vibrant from 360 Productions
    J_op1.1.png

This is a complation of others work to make a working rom for the vibrant.

I've used the MIUIANDROID I9000 & CM9 as a base ported it to the VIBRANT.

I hope you like it? It's by no means perfect, but it's a work in progress.

And thanks to Tory Heal for the graphics :D
    And new bootanimation by imilleson.

Installation Instructions :
    Reboot into Recovery
    Do a Nandroid Backup or your choice backup application (optional)
    -Wipe data/factory reset
    -Wipe cache partition/dalvik cashed
    -Go into Mounts & Storage and Format /system (does not erase any sd data))

-Install the ROM
    -reboot(first boot takes a bit)
    -let sit 5 to 10 min
    -reboot
    -set up as you like
    -reboot and use normal

The ROM comes with the Subzero 159cm color Kernel, but feel free to flash a different ICS one if you want.
    But be aware I have used the latest cm9 nightly as a base so if you get "unknown baseband" you will need the ril revert.

GingerBread bootloaders recommend find ---> here
    please READ the op for instructions it is not hard but is VITAL you do it per instructions.

Also base update to CM9's nightly 7/30

Issues that I know of..
    -GPS needs work and may not work at all, (it works for me but it can be slow) ( feedback is fine but complaining will be ignored )
    -Themes only work partly and will only be fixed by MIUI not me
    themes now work better but need to use ones for miui ics not GB

Other stuff to watch out for...
    Titanium Backup users should tick the Preferences > Troubleshooting settings > Follow all symbolic links option

Download Link :D
    go thank Andy Thomas at miuiandroid without his work this rom would not be available.

older releases

Thanks
    NickMcMinn60, Crash1014, MiuiAndroid, Andy Thomson, Br1cK'd, mr_psycho, FaultException, nightshack0, kchau15, asrock37, naTrium, proxuser, chui101, sixstringsg, scrizz, xriderx66,imilleson & for those I have fogot I'm sorry.
    JB MIUI

Miui JB Rom Download
    Use install instructions in first post.
    known issues
    GPS is Dead
    as with most CM based roms 911 could have problems.

Thanks to Brad Heffernan (miui.us i9000) for the base rom

Helpful into will be added here.

Change logs can be found here --> http://miuiandroid.com/

ICS Modems --> http://www.mediafire.com/modemsOne inside the ICS folder.
    Thanks to Scrizz

Possibly option for Modems for Europe --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24156232

If you have alot of app and you have had FC problems flash this --> Datafix.zip read here & here then choose the fix that you like.
    Thanks to windago & naTrium
    MIUI JB Release

Miui JB Rom Download
    Use install instructions in first post.
    known issues
    GPS is Dead
    as with most CM based roms 911 could have problems.

Here is the release No it is not perfect (I dont even recommend as a daily driver)
    Correct, it will not work. I suggest Glitch kernel.

Funny thing is if you flash Glitch, then immediately flash subZero, it will boot/work. I'm still trying to sort out why this is. Obviously, the Glitch installer is doing something that allows my subZero kernel to finally boot beyond the bootsplash.

Early this evening, I attempted to install this rom, but it failed. That is, until flashing Glitch kernel first.

Here's how things went:

1. Boot CWM Recovery from subZero. Wipe Data, and format /system.
    2. Install MIUI v4. Installer stops/hangs near the very end. (Fail)
    3. Reboot back into CWM Recovery (now it's THS stock CWM Recovery).
    4. Reinstall MIUI v4. (Successful)
    5. Without rebooting, I flashed subZero kernel, and rom would not boot past bootsplash. (Fail)
    6. Reboot again into CWM Recovery.
    7. Flash Glitch.
    8. Immediately (without reboot) flashed subZero kernel again. Now MIUI v4 boots past the bootsplash. (Successful)

So weird. I don't know what is going on, or what the subZero kernel is (or isn't) doing, but it fails miserably until the Glitch kernel is installed first.

I'm starting to suspect that the issue is filesystem related. Perhaps the bml_over_mtd binary I use is broken. *shrug*

EDIT: Issue is not with bml_over_mtd. Hmm.

Anyone have any ideas? Hit me up in PM.

Btw, MIUI v4 looks very nice! I'll be watching to see where development of this goes. I ran MIUI (2.3) before coming to ICS.

MP
    Video fix

Stop asking.
    The current ver has a problem with playing any video(youtube,ted...) with the iner video player(but you can see video throw programs like moboplay).

hope for the best

--- video playback --- fix hereflash in recovery
    again big thanks to Mr_Psycho