Rom 4.0.4 - v30А - available for download!!

Search This thread

Okkx

Jan 4, 2012
I have V30A and I don't know why but when i tried installing a .kdz version of it throught LG Update flashing method, it did not work at all... it actually told me my device was not supporting the update and then, it's stupid !

My worry is, will there be a smart flash version of the official ICS release from LG ?

Because, I just can't use the LG tools to update my device... even when I was on V10B and trying to update via the "Update" app in the settings, it said there was an error... And in the LG Update Tool, it said my optimus was up to date and no update was available... wtf...

EDIT: I just saw the previous post and now that it's officially released, i don't even need to flash it again :D

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Just tested Google Maps with only Data on and, while it did take some time to get a lock (around 1+ min), location is working fine.

Yes, I tried again with 3G on only (no gps, no wifi), it worked but sometimes, I feel Google Maps takes much time to locate me with GPS...

BUT come on, LG officially released ICS for our Optimus 2X before the end of 2012 ! Promise is kept ! :D

Last edited:

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
My worry is, will there be a smart flash version of the official ICS release from LG ?
No, there will be no official SmartFlash release. If you want, you can easily extract BIN and FLS files from the KDZ using KDZ Converter from P970 forum. But what's the point? As I posted earlier, these files are 100% identical to the previous leak from a week ago. If you are already running V30A leak, flashing this one will not make any difference to you.

arvindlakra21

Apr 20, 2012
New Delhi
Guy's looks like V30a is the official ICS release for Europe:).Now we have to wait some time for source code release.Hope the wait is over soon;)

Attachments

• v30a.jpg
    v30a.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 3,794

prabuddhadg

Oct 10, 2012
Bombay
OnePlus 6T
Nothing Phone 1
Can someone please tell me wth am i doing wrong? I've tried everything to root and flash cwm. I've tried every method posted here but flash-boot.bat and cwm.bat keeps closing immediately i click on it.

Don't know what else to do.

PD: Sorry for my bad english..

BTW... Have no bugs with this leak, it's very smooth, no laggs, no random reboots, its just perfect

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

This happened in my case also when I tried running the two batch files on an MS XP computer. After that I tried to check if CWM had got installed and the phone had got rooted, between the time I clicked on the batch file and it closed. CWM seemed to have been installed incorrectly and the phone got factory reset.

So, I tried smart flashing the V30A again and after the message that there were 7 partitions, the software update sign on the phone went off and an error message came up on the smartflash window. So, I started smartflash again but this time, after it started, I reinserted the battery. This time the installation went off perfectly.

This time, on a Win7 computer I ran the root and CWM batch files. Everything went off perfectly. All well now.

Odyn001

Feb 7, 2012
For all who wont upgrade phone with official release.

If you have newest BB from v30a the official Lg tool will not upgrade your phone.
1st you must smartflash some BB form ginger like v20s and then try to use lg tool.
Becouse Lg tool check your base rom on the basis of your BB not rom itself.
I hope i have help some of you. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: frikou and banban3

calvxrr

Sep 27, 2012
Could anyone tell me how I can turn off o2x main buttons' vibrations? Where can I find it?

tophelecool

Apr 5, 2012
Windows has stopped being able to detect both my internal and external sd cards?! Anyone help with this? I can browse it with root explore.. Windows won't recognise it as a mass storage device anymore :(

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

banban3

Dec 5, 2010
Windows has stopped being able to detect both my internal and external sd cards?! Anyone help with this? I can browse it with root explore.. Windows won't recognise it as a mass storage device anymore :(

Try to set the PC connexion to Mass storage: Settings->PC connexion->Type of connection (raw translation of French menus to English, but you should find it). If it still doesn't work, try another USB cable. It happened to me that my phone wouldn't be recognized by windows anymore whereas the phone tells me the charging is slow due to UBS connexion: I have to use another USB cable to have it working properly.

Hope this helps. :)

Reactions: tophelecool

frikou

Mar 26, 2012
Yeaaah! Finally :D
I hope we get rooted soon, or does the current method still works?
Also, is the official released version the same as this leaked one??

Edit: hahahaha I just posted about hoping we get rooted soon and an easy rooting method is already posted, wow! awesome.

Last edited:

namanverdu

Jan 7, 2009
Aaah.... :( v30A is slow. ICS on my Galaxy S was much faster.

V30a is everything but slow. It's the fastest rom i have ever had !
Maybe you need to reboot it ones, maybe it's scanning you SD card for media or perhaps it's installing all kinds of apps from Play Store from your Google's accounts backup (the last one happend to me. It installed apps and games i didn't even had installed for a long long time)

Reactions: Sjamaan

Top Liked Posts