remove internal SDCARD

Search This thread

gjw00

my wife's One X is pretty busted, broken screen, now the thing wont turn on.
she doesnt want a warranty repair due to a bunch of baby photos being on the internal sd-card
thinking of just biting the bullet and i am wondering if i disassembled the phone, whether the internal sd-card is removable, and i can just take it out and put it into another sdcard reader or something?

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
my wife's One X is pretty busted, broken screen, now the thing wont turn on.
she doesnt want a warranty repair due to a bunch of baby photos being on the internal sd-card
thinking of just biting the bullet and i am wondering if i disassembled the phone, whether the internal sd-card is removable, and i can just take it out and put it into another sdcard reader or something?

nope it's not like a normal micro sd card...it's like a ssd and it's on the mainboard so a normal remove wouldn't be possible...

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
****, is there no way that card can be read then? bugger, she never signed in to google+.. no other backups.

the phone is really not turning on anymore? if not i think no way...except of asking in store if you want to repair with warranty that they don't touch the private photos etc...but normally they aren't touching them and even don't see them...they just repair the phone look if the screen or so is working again and yes..