CDMA-Only on 4.3?

Search This thread

K.AuthoR

Nov 30, 2008
Before the 4.3 update, I could use any given app and force my phone to be 3G/CDMA only, and no 4G (the coverage is horrible where I am.) I was wondering if anyone has any methods for doing this with the new update, none of the dialpad *#*# codes seem to work anymore either.

I'm not opposed to going root, if that's a possibility at this point.

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Before the 4.3 update, I could use any given app and force my phone to be 3G/CDMA only, and no 4G (the coverage is horrible where I am.) I was wondering if anyone has any methods for doing this with the new update, none of the dialpad *#*# codes seem to work anymore either.

I'm not opposed to going root, if that's a possibility at this point.

You could try the phone info app. I know you're able to force a 3g connection through it, but I've had instances where it completely shut off my 4g and was unable to revert back.

Now that I think of it, that was the reason I decided to flash my first custom rom. It worked great until that happened.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

K.AuthoR

Nov 30, 2008
You could try the phone info app. I know you're able to force a 3g connection through it, but I've had instances where it completely shut off my 4g and was unable to revert back.

Now that I think of it, that was the reason I decided to flash my first custom rom. It worked great until that happened.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That was actually the app I was using before, as well. What ROM do you recommend, and what are you using right now?