HTC One M7 Completely bricked???

Search This thread

MurderOne

Mar 8, 2014
Ive never posted because i always find my answer here but im stumped now Im not a noob to flashing...this is my second One first being a couple yrs ago! Ok i just got the phone today i unlocked the bootloader, rooted and installed TWRP! I was sooo exited when i saw the ViperOne rom so i downloaded and flashed, forgot backup..ik had a brainfart! The rom finished installing to 100% and then gave me the error status 7, rom install failed! upon reboot and reflash and another and another try i got nothing, same code...the phone boots to htc screen then straight into TWRP. Cannot fix this! PLZ HELP! things ive tried........flashing a different rom thru sideloading.....OTG flash...changing recoveries and using the ruu from htc.....I did successfully install the REvolutionHD rom through OTG and after it completed and it said sucess i rebooted......outcome same as before it only boots to recovery:(
All drivers, TWRP, CWM etc are all current!

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Ive never posted because i always find my answer here but im stumped now Im not a noob to flashing...this is my second One first being a couple yrs ago! Ok i just got the phone today i unlocked the bootloader, rooted and installed TWRP! I was sooo exited when i saw the ViperOne rom so i downloaded and flashed, forgot backup..ik had a brainfart! The rom finished installing to 100% and then gave me the error status 7, rom install failed! upon reboot and reflash and another and another try i got nothing, same code...the phone boots to htc screen then straight into TWRP. Cannot fix this! PLZ HELP! things ive tried........flashing a different rom thru sideloading.....OTG flash...changing recoveries and using the ruu from htc.....I did successfully install the REvolutionHD rom through OTG and after it completed and it said sucess i rebooted......outcome same as before it only boots to recovery:(
All drivers, TWRP, CWM etc are all current!

please post a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n), and what version of TWRP you are using ("current" and "latest" are not version numbers)

MurderOne

Mar 8, 2014
please post a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n), and what version of TWRP you are using ("current" and "latest" are not version numbers)

(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.24.3263.09
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4307mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.049s
TWRP-openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7

Last edited:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut

1- please edit your post and remove IMEI

2- next time provide the beginning of the getvar instead of IMEI (as in hboot, especially that your version-main is empty, and you're S-On)

3- "latest"/"current" is definitely NOT 2.6.3.0 (m7_u/ul), for 4.4 ROMs, the recommended are
2.6.3.3: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
or 2.6.3.4: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7ul
(make sure MD5 checks out, on the download)

then:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

-> enter recovery, and install the ROM

Reactions: MurderOne

MurderOne

Mar 8, 2014
Well, the funny thing is, i got that older version of TWRP off the ViperOne threads...That rom is running KitKat...ppl were reporting sucess! But obviously its the wrong version! I got Android Revolution installed PHONE IS RUNNING GREAT THANK YOU! Your help is much appreciated! if u werent so far away id buy ya a beer!

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Well, the funny thing is, i got that older version of TWRP off the ViperOne threads...That rom is running KitKat...ppl were reporting sucess! But obviously its the wrong version! I got Android Revolution installed PHONE IS RUNNING GREAT THANK YOU! Your help is much appreciated! if u werent so far away id buy ya a beer!

no problem, next time i'm in town :laugh:

Happy flashing :cowboy:

PS: 2.6.3.0 was "latest" (until yesterday I guess), but for SPRINT (M7_WLS).... not compatible with M7_U/UL, so always make sure you're flashing thing for your model!!

and enjoy a beer or two, it's Saturday ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1- please edit your post and remove IMEI

2- next time provide the beginning of the getvar instead of IMEI (as in hboot, especially that your version-main is empty, and you're S-On)

3- "latest"/"current" is definitely NOT 2.6.3.0 (m7_u/ul), for 4.4 ROMs, the recommended are
    2.6.3.3: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
    or 2.6.3.4: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7ul
    (make sure MD5 checks out, on the download)

then:
    fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

-> enter recovery, and install the ROM