[ROM][GB-2.3.4]Moto-Ginger-Funk(v0.8d -10/29/11-) + Xtras

Search This thread
I run launcher pro as well.. I included ADW As it seems its more popular.

Just install launcher pro from market then remove adw.. pretty simple :)

I wasn't ready for ADW either and removed it after install. With the blurgallery installed to fix the camera problem this is running great. However, I was getting some lag with all the tweaks installed and decided to remove all of them from the init.d folder. It seems to be more stable now but gets just slightly less in performance tests using Smartbench but still better than 2.3.3 tweaked. This is what I was looking for and hope that this is the version that MOTO delivers via OTA. If so, I'm done and finally have a fully functioning phone with no more skips on music, stable OS, no force closes so far, SD card is correctly configured, FM radio and HDMI mirror works compared to Atrix ROM, etc. Thanks for putting this together. I might try selectively adding the init.d tweaks back. Which ones do you think would be the most useful to add?

Updated: 10/5 - I tried adding back the init.d scripts and played around for awhile. My available RAM went from 80-90 down to around 50 and I get the lags when surfing and music skips come back into play. IMHO the update runs a lot better without them. I simply deleted them all from the init.d folder. And yes, I did make sure they had run via the test script and the IT works file was written.

Last edited:

Anotha'newb

Aug 31, 2011
Restore a backup taken pre-2.3.4
To restore a pre-2.3.4 backup you must first sbf to the official release your backup was based on.

Damn, I can't believe I overlooked this simple detail! Was always wondering why when I tried to do a restore back to Eclipse from other 2.3.4 roms it would hang up on me. Thanks, and sorry for wandering off topic....

mastafunk

Aug 31, 2011
Undisclosed Swamp Location, FL
I've uploaded the framework apk and the systemui, keep getting status 0. Searched for the update-binary file and put it in the zipfile, still no dice. Not sure what other options I have :x.

The theme included in v.3 was ran through the kitchen with no issues.

Stay tuned .5 will come with a new default theme, also i will be updating my old blues theme for the atrix 2.3.4 to this ROM

stick1300

Jun 15, 2010
I've uploaded the framework apk and the systemui, keep getting status 0. Searched for the update-binary file and put it in the zipfile, still no dice. Not sure what other options I have :x.

Make sure you're using the right scripting (amend, if memory serves me). I made this same mistake when I was tweaking Eclipse to my liking.

urphonesux

Jun 24, 2008
Captiva

sounds like u may be doing more than me, but all i do is upload systemui and framework and then build my theme. No update binary needed .....
ur putting that in ur final cooked theme?
I just flash the output as is

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Thank you for ur work Mastafunk!!!! Who needs a soak test with this around?

thewaytolite

Oct 25, 2010
when doing updates from the market the phone reboots after flashing v.4

*Scratch that any install reboots the phone*

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A clean, de-odexed, debloated, Moto-Blur Gingerbread 2.3.4 experience with some flair.

• The first X2 ROM based on 2.3.4
    • The Goal is to maintain all BLUR functionality while at the same time adding improvements.
    • All BLUR is maintained except for the gallery and music app.

Keep checking as this is a community ROM under active development.

Whats included...

• De-Odexed
    • Zip Aligned
    • De-Bloated
    • Test-Key signed
    • storage flip/flop by navenedrob
    • Notification Toggles
    • Blur Home auto-rotation
    • Transparent Lockscreen
    • 1% Battery Mod
    • Gallery replaced with AOSP 3d Gallery
    • Music replaced with AOSP Music beta
    • Updated Google Apps
    • Added Google Voice
    • Voice Dialer from Atrix port
    • Moto Phone Portal from Atrix port

Whats New

• Maintenance release. Fixes certain apps not updating from market.
      If youve allready fixed it yourself no need to upgrade. This can be flashed ontop of v.8b or v.8c

Coming Soon (Could be hours,could be days)

• Reboot option in power menu
    • Speed Optimizations
    • More Themes

INSTRUCTIONS

Standard Disclaimer... I take no responsibility for your phone!

• In the future I intend to maintain both patches and full resleases.
    • For now releases may be applied on top of previous releases unless specifically noted.
    • If this is your FIRST install of motogingerfunk then you MUST wipe data/cache

Coming from pre-2.3.4
    1)Apply 2.3.4 sbf in RSD mode
    2)Activate, and Root
    3)Install system recovery bootstrap
    Already on 2.3.4
    4)Do a backup from system recovery (This is your way back!)
    5)Boot into system recovery and choose this zip from sdcard
    6)Optionally Choose a add-on zip and flash it as well
    7)CLEAR BOTH DATA & CACHE
    8)Boot phone (first boot will take forever) add google account.
    9)Depending on your previous configuration you may or may not need to clear market cache/data.

Enjoy!

Code:
    Known issue: Certain apps will not update from market due to being accidentally resigned v.8b/v.8c.  Upgrade to v.8d.
    v.4,v.5 known market bug for some users (clear market data or upgrade to current)

LINKS

All Download links + Extras are now in the second post

DO NOT

• Restore a backup taken pre-2.3.4
    • To restore a pre-2.3.4 backup you must first sbf to the official release your backup was based on.

FAQ

Q: This is my first time with motogingerfunk, what do i need to do?

A: Be sure you are on 2.3.4 SBF, and you just need to flash the latest version, wipe data & cache.

Q: My wifi is not working what do i do?

A: If your wifi is not working there is a good chance you were not on 2.3.4 prior to flashing.

Q: I installed and then proceeded to "tweak" my system by editing build.prop and other system files. Now things are not working correctly, where did i go wrong?

A: Please do not ?!uck with your system after install. I cannot be responsible for any "tweaks" you have made. Please revert all "tweaks" or do a fresh install and test the system prior to your "tweaks" before filing a report.

Q: I want to do it but this girl seems really slutty?

A: When in doubt, keep it in your pants.

PICS
    So is this now faster then the official stock 2.3.4?
    The original post says that Moto-Ginger-Funk is based on the leaked version of GB 2.3.4 for the X2. As it turns out however, that "leak" was the EXACT same version as the OTA version pushed out by Verizon. (System Version 1.3.380.MB870.Verizon.en.US). However, mastafunk has taken the "now-official" 2.3.4 release and enhanced it quite a bit. Unlike some other ROMS that are based on other Moto phones, or where all the Moto-Blur has been stripped out in favor of Andoid Open Source applicatons (AOSP), this ROM runs extremely clean and stable on our Droid X2 phone. But it does run faster, with less lag, and it fixes some of the Blur glitches in the stock ROM. And since this ROM is de-odexed, it lends itself easily to themeing. Yet, it retains all the positive Blur enhancements that Moto gave us like improved email that works well with MS exchange, an improved camera that is designed specifically for our wide-screen phone, etc., etc. Plus it has some very nice suprises that Moto never offered - like pull-down toggle switches on the notification screen.

For those who like the Motorola enhancements, but want a bit more than stock Moto-Blur, Moto-Ginger-Funk is the ROM to install, IMO.
    Main ROM DL is down though. Anyone gotta DB mirror possibly???

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Atrix 2/MB865 Runing SuperCharged V7-Speed Boosted-OC'd at 1.2 GHz (ICS, 4.0.4)

Here you go hope it helps.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/97176432/motogingerfunk-08d.zip
    EXTRAS

Excuse the mess while i restructure the original post.. I will be moving all themes and extras here to the second post.

The below are not 100% yet but are meant to provide a base for a dark or transparent theme.
    Maybe someone will polish one up for us.. With the release of 1.0 imminent i would love to have a nice theme as an option to stock. Anyone up to the task pm me..

You can get a a$$load of google apps to match both dark and transparent from this thread..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=877510

MAIN LINKS

MotoGingerFunk v.8d mirror

ADD-ONS (All addons are flashable zips)

Dark Framework + Settings download

Transparent Settings on a Dark Framework download

Stock Framework + Settings (if ya want to go back) download

Blur Gallery + Music Download

Backup Assistant (To restore you Verizon Contacts) download

Verizon Voicemail (VVM from Verizon) download

A few screenshots below..