[Q&A] Miui For Infuse Rom

Search This thread

daemonlmrj

Jun 18, 2012
Right.....Here
Hi:

I'm running official infuse 4g MIUI V4 2.7.6 all is working fine, the only problem I have is when I open the opera browser this close without advice no error or FC only close

This is issue can be fixed? I hate other browsers and I love use this.

Regards,

BTW thanks for the Official release for my Infuse4G

ajjames01

Mar 26, 2012
Try going to your "manage apps" menu, navigate to Opera Mobile, then delete all data. This worked for me. Just go to settings, apps, Opera Mobile and click erase data.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Last edited:

ybnormalman

Jul 19, 2012
South Portland
Trying to get this to work on my infuse, but no matter what version I try, how many times I whipe my phone, it always hangs during boot. Should I wait for another update and try again, or is there some "better" way to whipe my phone clean than through CWM?

Pony Express

Dec 7, 2010
737 miles from where I was
There is more than one way to do this, I will tell you what works for me. The key is do not skip a step. First go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1524081 and do step one. Once completed, go to download mode again and flash bootloaders. Next go to post 2 and get Entropy's Daily Driver. All credit for this to qkster for providing an easy to follow process that has saved many of us numerous times and Entropy512 for the kernel.

At this point you should have a working stock rom with red CWM recovery. Rather than jumping straight for miui v4, I highly suggest an extra step, go and get http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601844
Download the 6/27 version and again follow his installation instructions- note that it is normal on first install to get stuck- instructions will get you out- all credit to Entropy512 for this fine work. Let this boot- you do not need to set up anything, just keep skipping through setup until it is complete. Leave your phone on for 5-10 minutes as the rom "settles." And now go here http://roms.miui.us/
go to the Infuse and download 2.7.6. Wipe data,cache, and dalvik and install miui. Should be smooth sailing from here. Anything else let me know.
Edit: After you have 2.7.6 up and running you can get 2.7.13 and just wipe cache and dalvik and be good to go. 2.7.6 performs better. This is a guide of what works for me -you may have different results. I am not responsible should anything result other than the intended outcome.

Demonic240

Mar 18, 2009
Plano
Thinking about trying MIUI for the first time. Is the JB version working well enough to try or should I try the ICS version?

Pony Express

Dec 7, 2010
Thinking about trying MIUI for the first time. Is the JB version working well enough to try or should I try the ICS version?

JB is working well, however Th3Bill just uploaded this morning and is going to upload a couple more things this evening, I would suggest waiting for that. :)

Also I started a q&a thread for this rom sometime ago - I will update and bump it up.

Demonic240

Mar 18, 2009
Plano
JB is working well, however Th3Bill just uploaded this morning and is going to upload a couple more things this evening, I would suggest waiting for that. :)

Also I started a q&a thread for this rom sometime ago - I will update and bump it up.

Thanks for the info! I checked out a "perks and cons" of MIUI on another site and it intrigued me. From just looking at past screenshots it always seemed "blocky" but now's as good of a time as ever to try it out!

Pony Express

Dec 7, 2010
Thanks for the info! I checked out a "perks and cons" of MIUI on another site and it intrigued me. From just looking at past screenshots it always seemed "blocky" but now's as good of a time as ever to try it out!

I agree 100% - never liked MIUI until v4 - there are some awesome themes for v4- and I have been lnown to change to Holo Launcher so I can clear the screens !! :)
Found out today there is an app launcher that lets you do that, too here
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30478747&postcount=1406

Hollywings

Apr 10, 2011
Since Miui v4 my infuse's gps stopped working. I turned on the 3 location options in settings but it's no good either. This only happens in MIUI v4 roms, I flashed other JB roms and the gps works okay again. Anyone can help me on this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Notice:
    This thread is for general questions regarding MIUI FOR INFUSE ROM.
    OK guys so tomorrow will be an update for miui. I would like to know what to change.

What would you like added?
    Removed?

Give me some ideas and feedback... I port the miui ROM for everyone to enjoy. So let me know how I can make it the best it can possibly be!!

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
    I just like to keep up with what everyone is doing! I'm running MUIU 2.4.6 on my NC and MIUI 2.6.22 on my Infuse. I have tried a lot of ROM's , but MIUI just about tops everything.

You need to talk Th3bill into working on the NC....I thought Hockeyfamily had something going, but he seems to have gotten sidetracked!!! I'm probably going to get a Nexus 7 but I would keep my NC to play with....after all, it has been my constant companion for about a year and a half.

NC? Get me some info on it, and I'll see what I can do. Always like a good challenge. I didn't even know what the Infuse LOOKED like or what hardware it had when I started working on the rom for it :)

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

I was running that for a while, but I really wanted to try ICS. Check out Th3bill's thread. It is very stable and the only thing not working is bluetooth and USB transfer.

Those 2 items are working now on 2.6.29 :)
    You can get to recovery, Press all the buttons till u see the samsung logo dont leave them let the samsung logo go and then come back now leave the power button this will tke u too recovery.

Try this for 2/3 times it will work.
    I have the 1.9.30 miui rom on my Infuse 4g. The problem is that the updater refuses to update my phone to 1.10.7 even though it is out! It keeps notifying me of an update, but when I go open the updater it searches for new software and then tells me that I have the latest rom installed.

Plz help!! I am new to Miui:confused:

I would suggest just manually pushing it and flashing it thru CWM if its bothering u that much. just download the zip, put it on ur sd card, three finger to recovery (blue), flash the zip file and reboot:\ for more detailed instructions if ur new to flashing just ask...
    or watch the video here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1294491

sorry for the noob question but how do i go from 3 icons on the launcher to 4 icons

if ur on miui then just drag an icon to the dock, by long-pressing the icon. (can have up to 6 icons on the dock)

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Does anyone know if its possible to get the android navi on MIUI?

go to market and download google maps, u should have navigation app once its downloaded ^.^