Lost Features - No more KNOX container... what the hell Samsung?

Search This thread

tekkdrone

Dec 30, 2006
Austin
So after upgrading to the S5 today, I've noticed there seems to be no way to enable KNOX Personal containers on the device like I could on my S4.

Believe it or not, KNOX containers are awesome for accessing corporate resources on your personal device (e.g. exchange account for email and calendar synchronization), when accessing those resources makes you subject to domain policies, including giving IT the ability to remote wipe the device. Separate home screen, separate data storage for email/files/etc, are all things I depend on on a daily basis.

When using a KNOX container, a corporate remote wipe will just blow away the container contents, rather than erasing my entire phone. Losing this feature is almost a dealbreaker for me as it means I can no longer effectively use my personal phone for work. (The antithesis of the very BYOD Samsung is trying to promote with KNOX.)

I may be the odd man out for being one of the few people on these forums that actually has a use for KNOX, but I depend on it for my daily workflow, especially when I'm away from my desk. Thanks Samsung.