[Official] Acer Liquid Jade (S55), Jade S (S56) or Jade Z (S57)

Search This thread

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
OnePlus 6
Please use this thread for discussion about the Acer Liquid Jade S (S56) with MT6752M soc.

For more info on ROMs, kernels, recovery, please checkout the following thread:
http://xdaforums.com/android/development/guide-firmwares-roms-cwm-root-acer-mtk-t2945933

Root procedure

See the following procedure:
http://acer-club.fr/viewtopic.php?f=276&t=9883
Discussion about Liquid Jade (S55) with MT6582 soc or Acer Liquid Jade Z (S57) with MT6732 soc is welcome too. Root procedure is similar to the above, and recoveries are mentioned too in the Root Acer MTK thread...

Last edited:

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
OnePlus 6
Known issues?

Hi all,

Anyone subscribed to this thread? Here's some "known issues" I found on the S56 so far... hopefully someone can fix them (or Acer does?)?

• Garbled display in Waze:
    https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=132717
  • Cannot select AcerNAV when clicking in Calendar or other navigation apps.
  • I had problems entering DTMF when I was wearing my headset
  • Someone reported getting GPS fix was difficult sometimes
  • Wi-fi Tethering does not work for me most of the times :(
Anyone else other issues? I'll add them to the list above.

Regards,

Nika.

uno_ke_va

Dec 15, 2008
Hi Nika,

I am a not-so-happy owner of a Jade S, and I have big issues with the battery. I removed almost all the preinstalled Acer software and even installed Juice Defender, but phone's radio & wifi drains the battery even more than the screen (with an active usage). How are your impressions about battery life? I have to charge the phone at lunch time, or it never makes it to the end of the day...

Regards,
David

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
OnePlus 6
Hi Nika,

I am a not-so-happy owner of a Jade S, and I have big issues with the battery. I removed almost all the preinstalled Acer software and even installed Juice Defender, but phone's radio & wifi drains the battery even more than the screen (with an active usage). How are your impressions about battery life? I have to charge the phone at lunch time, or it never makes it to the end of the day...

Regards,
David

I drain my battery within a day but never really bother. I just recharge whenever I can and usually even carry a power pack with me to extra charge whenever I don't have access to USB charging...

So in summary, it's horrible. But I have many (100's!) apps running and especially apps like skype and facebook are huge batt drainers... sorry, can't really help you with it :(

MR.FRANCE

Dec 28, 2014
Malaga
hiii everybody i have acer s56 and Iam happy but I try to install root and when i do the first step connect the phone to pc I see blue led but after i see mtk65xx is unplug why ? WHITOUT install correctly the mtk driver i dont have the root access I have dowoading all soft (sp flashtool for mtk6752, driver, cwm image adb driver) so please someone can help me ?

Last edited:

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
OnePlus 6
hiii everybody i have acer s56 and Iam happy but I try to install root and when i do the first step connect the phone to pc I see blue led but after i see mtk65xx is unplug why ? WHITOUT install correctly the mtk driver i dont have the root access I have dowoading all soft (sp flashtool for mtk6752, driver, cwm image adb driver) so please someone can help me ?

I had the same problem. I had to use a different USB cable. Try multiple cables and multiple machines to make sure.

mrhendrik

Sep 30, 2009
Surabaya
Memory problem

Hi,

I have experience memory problem on s55

1. external sdcard readonly problem.
I never have this problem before, but when using s55, has problem. luckily I can ask the shop to replace it, but I think, s55 caused the problem.

2. internal memory readonly problem.
some of file/photo in my s55 cannot be deleted. but new file can still writeable.

any one have the same experience? how to solve it?

I am thinking about rooting it now..

actually, the performance is good. and the battery is also enough for 1 day on average use. but lately, I have experience a lot of lag and found this problem.

thanks..
Hendrik

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
OnePlus 6
Hi,

I never have this problem before, but when using s55, has problem. luckily I can ask the shop to replace it, but I think, s55 caused the problem.

some of file/photo in my s55 cannot be deleted. but new file can still writeable.

actually, the performance is good. and the battery is also enough for 1 day on average use. but lately, I have experience a lot of lag and found this problem.

thanks..
Hendrik

I haven't yet had this on s56, but we did hear some other stuff like this on s55. Advice would be to format your sdcards (after backup off course). Root will not help...

With any Android device (like Windows :() it's advisable to sometimes factory default and start over. Installation of certain apps and such can often cause lag, etc.

Reactions: mrhendrik

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
OnePlus 6
So I have to factory reset to solve this problem? Will my data be restore since I chose automatic back up?

Yes, probably. And yes, restore is possible but you need to backup your data. There's numerous tools for that. Not sure about S55, but do you have something called Backup in your apps? If not, you will need to investigate it in other threads as there's so many ways. If you do not backup your data, most of it will be lost. Android does not backup in the cloud, only some minor things like which apps you installed and your wifi connections...

mrhendrik

Sep 30, 2009
Surabaya
Thanks..
I have another problem with this phone.. Compass doesn't work.. So when use GPS, I cannot see the correct heading..
Do u have the fix?
I am worried this is hardware problem.. I found out there is a magnet near the camera which might the cause of compass interference.. Buy I hope I'm wrong.. Do u know how to fix it?

Thanks..

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
OnePlus 6
Thanks..
I have another problem with this phone.. Compass doesn't work.. So when use GPS, I cannot see the correct heading..
Do u have the fix?
I am worried this is hardware problem.. I found out there is a magnet near the camera which might the cause of compass interference.. Buy I hope I'm wrong.. Do u know how to fix it?

Thanks..

I have no idea... sorry... I would contact Acer for it if I were you. They might ask you to factory reset though, so prepare to make backup and try that first...

Reactions: mrhendrik

doktor299

Dec 21, 2010
hi guys
i have problem with ny s57 :/
ussd/mmi codes wont work :( i try all sugestions from google but no results :/
any idea ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

thanks..
    Hendrik

I haven't yet had this on s56, but we did hear some other stuff like this on s55. Advice would be to format your sdcards (after backup off course). Root will not help...

With any Android device (like Windows :() it's advisable to sometimes factory default and start over. Installation of certain apps and such can often cause lag, etc.
    Thanks..
    Do u have the fix?

Thanks..

I have no idea... sorry... I would contact Acer for it if I were you. They might ask you to factory reset though, so prepare to make backup and try that first...