(REQ) Very Detailed Root Guide

Search This thread

rosebaben

Jul 8, 2010
I want to root my tattoo, and i need a Detailed guide on how to do it ;)

standard htc tattoo 1.6 -adw launcher, xda app etc.

francians

May 28, 2010
If you like, use this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=761507

If you have problems, read through the threads or use Google (is always your friend!). Searching in your native lang may help you to understand the process better!
I was a total noob and did it in just 3h (reading included).
Goog luck!

this is just a soft-root. if you install this you won't able to install the recovery. I did a test and the old maverixx remains the best 1click-root

TheSSJ

Feb 25, 2010
OnePlus Nord
this is just a soft-root. if you install this you won't able to install the recovery. I did a test and the old maverixx remains the best 1click-root

Please, what do I read here? After "soft root" you can use the flash_image binary to flash ANY recovery you want. Amon_RA is the most popular and feature rich recovery here by the way...so it doesn't matter how you root - the result will be still the #-same

Last edited:

francians

May 28, 2010
Please, what do I read here? After "soft root" you can use the flash_image binary to flash ANY recovery you want. Amon_RA is the most popular and feature rich recovery here by the way...so it doesn't matter how you root - the result will be still the #-same

Yesterday I tried to install clockwork recovery after soft-root. I gave permissions and flashed it across the rom manager.. when I tryed to reboot in recovery, it was broken.. can you explain this? So i used the maverixx and now everything is fine. cwrecovery installed without pbs.