[Q] Cannot Click on Google Search Results if the result is more than one line long

Search This thread

shane0569

Jan 31, 2012
Ok, so this is probably a weird one. I'm using an HTC One X with ViperX 2.1.2 Rom on stock kernel. I started noticing that when I use Google Search (the widget or the app), I'll search for something and when the results come up, I couldn't click on some of the results. I click on the blue text and it just highlights it once then does nothing. It won't launch the browser. So then I was noticing that it was only happening sometimes, so I continued to experiment and found that it only does it when the title of the result extends onto two lines. If the resulting webpage title is only one line long, the link opens the browser perfectly every time. This being one of the most used features on my phone, it gets extremely irritating. I've tried everything I know to try. Please help!

subarudroid

Jun 18, 2011
SL,UT
Wipe caches and reflash gapps would he my suggestion. May even want to redownload your zip to make sure its not corrupt.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

shane0569

Jan 31, 2012
Wipe caches and reflash gapps would he my suggestion. May even want to redownload your zip to make sure its not corrupt.

Thanks for the reply. Tried that and only made more problems. I just found that when I rotate my phone to landscape while viewing the results in.google now, I am able to open any result. (Because the webpage titles don't extend onto two lines). Such a weird issue! It's like when you tap a result, the programming only knows to try to open the immediate next line.

subarudroid

Jun 18, 2011
SL,UT
I just tried to duplicate your issue. All works well. I'm on CM10 with full 4.2 gapps. ???? Maybe try a different ROM? :)

shane0569

Jan 31, 2012
I just tried to duplicate your issue. All works well. I'm on CM10 with full 4.2 gapps. ???? Maybe try a different ROM? :)

I would, but I love the viper rom so much. It's just this small issue that I can't figure out. I've tried finding a reinstall for google now itself that is compatible with ViperX 2.2.0, but haven't been able to find it. Does anyone know where i can get that?

Thanks

shane0569

Jan 31, 2012
Must have been a super rare problem, no one else has had it like me. I since installed a newer version of viper and it works fine. I think a potential for some of the weirder random problems with these roms might be a virus scanner on your computer (if you downloaded the Rom on your computer). Seems that it might break the Rom in small ways.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

xnaterion

Nov 21, 2013
I have this exact problem, it persists even though I totally wiped and reinstalled the entire Rom (negalite blurom in htc evo 3d) two separate times months apart

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have this exact problem, it persists even though I totally wiped and reinstalled the entire Rom (negalite blurom in htc evo 3d) two separate times months apart

Do you have the latest version of Google Search installed? Have you tried clearing the app data and cache? Or uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: xnaterion

xnaterion

Nov 21, 2013
Do you have the latest version of Google Search installed? Have you tried clearing the app data and cache? Or uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Sent from my Evita

Just the version that came with the rom ...can't update I because it's not compatible on the play store. I did some research and since it is an ICS rom it must be some special modded version of the JB or whatever version of Google search. All the projects trying to mod the newer Google search versions to ICS appear dead, so I figured it was hopeless and just used "Google now remover". Now I'm back to the old Google search. Funny though, as this rom is still in somewhat active development and it's specifically designed for my phone but nobody on the development thread has ever mentioned this problem. Oh well, not really a problem for me now.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
If you have root you can use Titanium Backup to uninstall system apps, you could do that and then install Google Search from the Play Store which should update it to the latest version.

Sent from my Evita

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my Evita