cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
Available on Google Play Store
It's an android app, will need Null Rom on the Gear

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.preiss.swapps.link

Beta version with more features:
https://plus.google.com/+CyrilPreiss0/posts/YrNDXdk2GLf

SWApp Link is intended for use with Smartwatches running Android OS.

Some compatible Smartwatches:

Samsung Gear 1 (with android ROM), Omate TS, AI Watch, Neptune Pine, Inwatch Z, AW-414, AW-420, Callisto 100.

Features:

Call Notifications:
 • Displays the caller’s photo.
 • Option to take the call, reject the call, or reply via SMS (composed on the watch and sent through the phone.)
 • During call: options to end the call, toggle mute, and toggle the loudspeaker.

SMS Notifications:
 • Displays the SMS text and contact photo.
 • Option to reply via SMS.

App Notifications:
 • Displays notifications, from the apps of your choice, on the watch.
 • Fully optimized notifications for specific apps (with more coming), including:
  • Email - Notifications now display the email’s content instead of just displaying “[number of] New Emails”.
  • Hangouts - Notifications now display the message content instead of just displaying “[number of] New Notification(s) from [name]”.
  • WhatsApp - Notifications now display the full message content, even within groups, including the message’s text and image.
 • Customizable notification layouts: choice of colors for the message text and the message background, option to automatically resize the message text based on its length, and more.

Full notification management:
 • Browse through all the previous notifications (SMS and app), with the option to display the most recent ones first or the oldest ones first, search through them by text, and more.

Powerful clock engine which can be set as the watch's lockscreen. Many exclusive features, including:
 • Both Analog and Digital watch faces.
 • Smooth seconds hand with dynamic shadow.
 • Unread notification indicator.
 • Battery, 3G, and Wi-Fi indicators for both the watch AND the phone (with options to display the indicators side by side, or toggle between them by tapping on them.)
 • On Screen Display (OSD) Modules including a stopwatch, timer, day timer, second time, date, next alarm info and more (the OSD is shown/hidden by tapping on the clock.)
 • Option to choose the Font Color with the color picker.
 • Choice of backgrounds.
 • Choice of date formats (Mon. 20 June / 20-06 / 06-20 ...).
 • Choice of hour formats (12H / 24H).
 • Complex animations.

Call Log Sync: Displays the phone’s call log with the option to place a call or send an SMS to anyone on it.

Remote Call: Remotely place a call to one of your contacts, favorites or recently used numbers, or dial a number to call remotely.

Remote SMS: Remotely send an SMS to one of your contacts, favorites or recently used numbers, or input a number to SMS remotely.

Remote App Launch: Remotely launch apps on the phone.

Remote Clipboard: Send content from the phone to the watch’s clipboard.

Remote Media Control: Remotely control the phone’s media player from the watch and see track info.

Find My Phone: Remotely set off the phone’s or watch’s ringer.

Remote Battery info: Displays the remote device’s battery level (with a low battery notification option.)

Remote Lock: Remotely lock the phone from the watch (in case of loss, for example.)

BT Virtual Leash: Automatically lock the phone and display a notification on the watch if the BT connection is lost.

Remote GPS Location: Display the phone’s GPS coordinates on the watch.

Megaphone: Establishes a phone call between both devices and puts the remote on speaker (establishes a communication with people near the remote device, sim watches only.)

Microphone: Establishes a phone call between both devices (enables you to hear what's happening around the remote device, sim watches only.)

Connection methods:

 Direct Bluetooth Connection

Push Notification - Uses an Internet connection to communicate between the devices. (disabled)

 SMS - Sends and intercepts SMSs to communicate between the devices.

XDA:DevDB Information
SWApp Link Companion App, App for the Samsung Galaxy Gear

Contributors
cyrilp

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.934
Beta Release Date: 2014-04-23

Created 2014-04-23
Last Updated 2016-01-14

Attachments

• image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 6,766
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 6,658
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 6,563
  • Screenshot_2014-04-11-18-33-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-11-18-33-13.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 6,494
  • Screenshot_2014-04-14-21-01-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-14-21-01-38.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 6,394
  • Screenshot_2014-03-21-00-31-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-21-00-31-11.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 6,325
  • Screenshot_2014-04-12-19-36-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-12-19-36-38.png
    25 KB · Views: 6,271
  • Screenshot_2014-04-02-19-12-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-02-19-12-41.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 6,245
  • Screenshot_2014-04-12-19-36-30.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-12-19-36-30.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 6,094
  • Screenshot_2014-04-18-15-28-17.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-18-15-28-17.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 5,989
  • Screenshot_2014-04-18-15-45-18.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-18-15-45-18.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 5,808
Last edited:

h00rj

Aug 22, 2008
Daytona
This could be useful for non-touchwiz phones, I suppose.

I may give it a go just to see what it can actually do.

--wait... "need internet connection on the watch" For serious?

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
A little confused myself. One part says Bluetooth supported and other part acts like both devices need Internet connection as in Gear tethered which drains much more battery on the gear.

I'm not interested in the actual "Notifications" as Gear Manager does this fine for me, otherwise, the other functions listed, GPS, battery status on other device, ect.. Yes, I would be interested but still confused as to my first comment/paragraph above as to how this works. :confused::confused::confused:

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
The internet connection "requirement" is for those smartwatches that do not have working BT, like every one of the Umeox x201 based smartwatches. The internet connection is also for doing things over long distances (think miles).

It does more than just notifications. I'm running Null and have been placing calls and sending texts using the Gear and leaving my Nexus One in my pocket, or the other room, the whole time.

Last edited:
Reactions: ronfurro and lazer9

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
The internet connection "requirement" is for those smartwatches that do not have working BT, like every one of the Umeox x201 based smartwatches. The internet connection is also for doing things over long distances (think miles).

It does more than just notifications. I'm running Null and have been placing calls and sending texts using the Gear and leaving my Nexus One in my pocket, or the other room, the whole time.

Hrmmm, Interesting. I'll be having a look at this. Thanks! :)

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Ok have it installed on my S4. Problem. Can't get it on the Gear. In the Play Store it says not compatible with (gear) device so I can't use chrome extensions downloader either for some reason. And I'm tethered to the gear to access internet thru playstore directly and it's not listing on the gear to download???

Disregard, I got it downloading now with Chrome extensions, will transfer to gear and give it a whirl shortly.

Ok, I set everything up. Selected BT for connection on phone side's app. There is so setting for this on Gear Side's app. Entered devices names, ect... all it does is sit on phone side saying "Connecting". None of the features are doing anything.

Last edited:

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
This could be useful for non-touchwiz phones, I suppose.

I may give it a go just to see what it can actually do.

--wait... "need internet connection on the watch" For serious?

this is for using without BT connection (for smartwatches that don't have bluetooth), it's not needed for direct bt connection.

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006

you need to select BT on both the watch and the phone, then it will connect

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
you need to select BT on both the watch and the phone, then it will connect

On the Gear, the settings did not have a place to set a connection type unlike the phone's settings with the app. It started off with email. I even tried to scroll up and down and look all over for the settings for connection on the gear and it certainly wasn't there, at least for me. :p

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
i have uploaded the apk in download section as Gear might have difficulties getting it from playstore

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006

Do you have the conncetion choice in your settings on the watch ? it's strange lazer9 is saying it's not there ?

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Do you have the conncetion choice in your settings on the watch ? it's strange lazer9 is saying it's not there ?

Hold the phone! Literally , lol. I just uninstalled from gear and re-installed from the one you posted here in downloads and now I have the connection settings on gear. Now to re-install on phone side and go from there. :victory:

Update: Blah, now when I either set bluetooth on Gear or Phone, I get a force close on each device.

Last edited:

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
Hold the phone! Literally , lol. I just uninstalled from gear and re-installed from the one you posted here in downloads and now I have the connection settings on gear. Now to re-install on phone side and go from there. :victory:

Update: Blah, now when I either set bluetooth on Gear or Phone, I get a force close on each device.

i have uploaded a new version, could you try it ?

Reactions: lazer9

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Strange thing going on right now. On gear I pressed Battery Icon to get the info from phone and it says uptop that it's connected to my phone but nothing is happening after "message sent" dialogue. So I opened into the App on phone side and it's sitting up top saying "connecting...." forever. :(

Update: Went in on phone side and "Force Closed" the app in app settings. Reloaded it and it connected right up. Must be a quirk or something...

Last edited:

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
*SWApp Link dev update 0.934d*

*BT Virtual Leash*

You watch will help you not to loose or forget your phone !!

New feature will allow to get notified if the bluetooth link is broken.
User selected delay to trigger the alert.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-23-21-56-05.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-23-21-56-05.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 424
  • Screenshot_2014-04-23-17-09-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-23-17-09-48.png
    18 KB · Views: 449
Hi

This looks promising but i have a few issues and questions

First of all the App keeps Force closing on the watch (i'm running NUll_23)
but i have been able to connect it for a short while and can get SMS messages and the watch vibrates but the screen does not light up

What i wondered is that i want to replace the Samsung Notification system completely as i want to see more of the notification
on the screen than just a small excerpt, especially with Gmail and Email

do you think your app be able to do that down the line

thanks

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
*SWApp Link dev update 0.934e*

*Auto Lock*

In virtual leash feature, you can now enable "Auto Lock" feature which will set a password on your phone if the link is broken.

It's a low level action on the phone, so you'll be asked to enable Admin rights to the app.

You will be able to enable or not the broken virtual leash notification.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-24-12-04-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-24-12-04-59.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 373
  • Screenshot_2014-04-24-12-04-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-24-12-04-51.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 354

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's an android app, will need Null Rom on the Gear

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.preiss.swapps.link

Beta version with more features:
    https://plus.google.com/+CyrilPreiss0/posts/YrNDXdk2GLf

SWApp Link is intended for use with Smartwatches running Android OS.

Some compatible Smartwatches:

Samsung Gear 1 (with android ROM), Omate TS, AI Watch, Neptune Pine, Inwatch Z, AW-414, AW-420, Callisto 100.

Features:

Call Notifications:
     • Displays the caller’s photo.
     • Option to take the call, reject the call, or reply via SMS (composed on the watch and sent through the phone.)
     • During call: options to end the call, toggle mute, and toggle the loudspeaker.

SMS Notifications:
     • Displays the SMS text and contact photo.
     • Option to reply via SMS.

App Notifications:
     • Displays notifications, from the apps of your choice, on the watch.
     • Fully optimized notifications for specific apps (with more coming), including:
      • Email - Notifications now display the email’s content instead of just displaying “[number of] New Emails”.
      • Hangouts - Notifications now display the message content instead of just displaying “[number of] New Notification(s) from [name]”.
      • WhatsApp - Notifications now display the full message content, even within groups, including the message’s text and image.
     • Customizable notification layouts: choice of colors for the message text and the message background, option to automatically resize the message text based on its length, and more.

Full notification management:
     • Browse through all the previous notifications (SMS and app), with the option to display the most recent ones first or the oldest ones first, search through them by text, and more.

Powerful clock engine which can be set as the watch's lockscreen. Many exclusive features, including:
     • Both Analog and Digital watch faces.
     • Smooth seconds hand with dynamic shadow.
     • Unread notification indicator.
     • Battery, 3G, and Wi-Fi indicators for both the watch AND the phone (with options to display the indicators side by side, or toggle between them by tapping on them.)
     • On Screen Display (OSD) Modules including a stopwatch, timer, day timer, second time, date, next alarm info and more (the OSD is shown/hidden by tapping on the clock.)
     • Option to choose the Font Color with the color picker.
     • Choice of backgrounds.
     • Choice of date formats (Mon. 20 June / 20-06 / 06-20 ...).
     • Choice of hour formats (12H / 24H).
     • Complex animations.

Call Log Sync: Displays the phone’s call log with the option to place a call or send an SMS to anyone on it.

Remote Call: Remotely place a call to one of your contacts, favorites or recently used numbers, or dial a number to call remotely.

Remote SMS: Remotely send an SMS to one of your contacts, favorites or recently used numbers, or input a number to SMS remotely.

Remote App Launch: Remotely launch apps on the phone.

Remote Clipboard: Send content from the phone to the watch’s clipboard.

Remote Media Control: Remotely control the phone’s media player from the watch and see track info.

Find My Phone: Remotely set off the phone’s or watch’s ringer.

Remote Battery info: Displays the remote device’s battery level (with a low battery notification option.)

Remote Lock: Remotely lock the phone from the watch (in case of loss, for example.)

BT Virtual Leash: Automatically lock the phone and display a notification on the watch if the BT connection is lost.

Remote GPS Location: Display the phone’s GPS coordinates on the watch.

Megaphone: Establishes a phone call between both devices and puts the remote on speaker (establishes a communication with people near the remote device, sim watches only.)

Microphone: Establishes a phone call between both devices (enables you to hear what's happening around the remote device, sim watches only.)

Connection methods:

 Direct Bluetooth Connection

Push Notification - Uses an Internet connection to communicate between the devices. (disabled)

 SMS - Sends and intercepts SMSs to communicate between the devices.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SWApp Link Companion App, App for the Samsung Galaxy Gear

Contributors
    cyrilp

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.934
    Beta Release Date: 2014-04-23

Created 2014-04-23
    Last Updated 2016-01-14
    *Analog Watch*

*SWApp Link dev update 0.934i*

Isn't our smartwatch supposed to be a watch too ???
    Using SWApp Link those last days, many times i wanted to know what time it was and had to close the app just for that...

I first had the idea of the digital clock in the upper left corner (time has already been enabled in notifications for a long time).

Then i thought it would look even better fullscreen !

If you touch the digital clock it displays the analog clock (with BT icon showing if connected or not). Dismiss the analog clock touching it.

If you enable "Show Clock at Startup", it will be shown by default.

If you enable "Show Clock as Background", it will appear in the background. This is not really nice, but i thought i would let the user decide...

If the analog clock is displayed, when a notification is shown, it will get back to the clock instead of the menu when dismissing the notification. (even when the screen was off)

This first clockface is far from perfect, i'm still in holidays and i don't have photoshop on my laptop.

Tomorrow i will explain how you can send me custom clockfaces so that i can add them to the app. (sorry if i don't do it now, it's 4am, i have to go to bed !)

*Voice Control*

*SWApp Link dev update 0.935*

You can now enable *Voice Control*

When the app is listening the red mic icon will be displayed. The Android SpeechRecognizer is very unstable. when it crashes the icon disappear, if it's the case wait until it come back.
    The listening is only active when the app is displayed, therefore there shouldn't be any problem with battery.
    The implementation in only partial so far.

Key words on the main screen or clock screen:
    Call : Remote Call
    Text: Remote SMS
    Play: Media player control
    Find: Find my phone
    Lock: Remote Lock
    Setting : Settings
    Clock : Display the analog clock
    Stop: Stop Listening

Key words on incoming notification: (not for call or sms notification so far)
    Dismiss
    Local : open app on local device
    Remote : open app on remote device
    Stop: Stop Listening

*Stay tuned, a LOT more to come...*
    Really great work!

The MediaPlayer works great with my installed MortPlayer. Fantastic.

Is it possible to show the time on a corner or any other else. This is one of the things which I really don't like. I look on the watch and have no time, because I see the MediaPlayer. So I have to switch to time.

This would be great.

And is it possible to get this MediaPlayer as Widget.

yes i will do it, i have already added the option to show time in notifications