[Q] Pink Camera Issue, Need to restore to stock

Search This thread

CameronO1992

Apr 24, 2014
So I have the pink camera issue. I noticed it today when trying to take a video of the meteor shower happening. I am currently on viper ROM and my phone is unlocked, tampered and s-on. My problem is I am with Virgin Mobile(Canada) and I cannot seem to find a stock ROM so I can send this phone in for warranty.

Once I get back to the stock ROM how can I remove the Tampered and Unlocked messages?

Thanks for any help in advance!

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
So I have the pink camera issue. I noticed it today when trying to take a video of the meteor shower happening. I am currently on viper ROM and my phone is unlocked, tampered and s-on. My problem is I am with Virgin Mobile(Canada) and I cannot seem to find a stock ROM so I can send this phone in for warranty.

Once I get back to the stock ROM how can I remove the Tampered and Unlocked messages?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Post the output of your "fastboot getvar all" and remove imei and s/n

CameronO1992

Apr 24, 2014
Post the output of your "fastboot getvar all" and remove imei and s/n

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.20.3263.16
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) imei: XXXXXXXXXXXxXXX
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: BM___001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4008mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-a6a74fd020
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.041s

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
So I have the pink camera issue...
stock ROM so I can send this phone in for warranty.
Are you sure you need to restore the phone to stock? Since they sold you a phone with a hardware defect, they may have a legal responsibility they can't ignore. In most civilized countries, a seller has to repair or replace a defective product.

CameronO1992

Apr 24, 2014
Are you sure you need to restore the phone to stock? Since they sold you a phone with a hardware defect, they may have a legal responsibility they can't ignore. In most civilized countries, a seller has to repair or replace a defective product.

I'm not sure, I kind of assumed that once you rooted, your warranty was in jeopardy.

Last edited:

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
I'm not sure, I kind of assumed that once you rooted your warranty was in jeopardy
Surely it is "in jeopardy". But my rooted and S-Off phone was repaired under warranty due to the same camera issue. I'm not in your country, but it's probably worth a little googling to find out. Maybe even call them to ask, but don't give them your name/IMEI/serial (tell them your friend is borrowing the phone, but before you get it back, you need to know whether the rooted unit's defective camera component it can be fixed under warranty).

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Surely it is "in jeopardy". But my rooted and S-Off phone was repaired under warranty due to the same camera issue. I'm not in your country, but it's probably worth a little googling to find out. Maybe even call them to ask, but don't give them your name/IMEI/serial (tell them your friend is borrowing the phone, but before you get it back, you need to know whether the rooted unit's defective camera component it can be fixed under warranty).

No dude, TAMPERED flag, unlocked bootloaders nd S-OFF void warranty and they wont repair. I also had to RUU beforr giving iit for repair. Same camera issue

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
Let me clarify. Based on my personal experience (not internet hearsay), some warranty repair centers do not care about a phone being tampered/s-off/unlocked. They noticed (and mentioned it to me over the phone), but repaired it anyway, free of charge. Now, can you clarify why you think that's not true?

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Let me clarify. Based on my personal experience (not internet hearsay), some warranty repair centers do not care about a phone being tampered/s-off/unlocked. They noticed (and mentioned it to me over the phone), but repaired it anyway, free of charge. Now, can you clarify why you think that's not true?

Well, they rejected my phone. The first thing they did was check the bootloader. They said that i would have to pay for the repair because the bootloader was unlocked. I think HTC's policies differ in different countries.

CameronO1992

Apr 24, 2014
Well, they rejected my phone. The first thing they did was check the bootloader. They said that i would have to pay for the repair because the bootloader was unlocked. I think HTC's policies differ in different countries.

If this is the case, based on the info I gave you, what do I need to do to reset the tampered flag and return to stock without a recovery from my stock rom

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
If this is the case, based on the info I gave you, what do I need to do to reset the tampered flag and return to stock without a recovery from my stock rom

There is an RUU available for your device. But you will need S-OFF because you have installed the 4.3 OTA. So, use Rumrunner to S-OFF. Then, ill guide you through the rest

CameronO1992

Apr 24, 2014
There is an RUU available for your device. But you will need S-OFF because you have installed the 4.3 OTA. So, use Rumrunner to S-OFF. Then, ill guide you through the rest

I tried doing the rumrunner s-off and it got to the end and said fatal, download the updated package from rumrunner.us.. I will re-download and udpdate

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
I tried doing the rumrunner s-off and it got to the end and said fatal, download the updated package from rumrunner.us.. I will re-download and udpdate

If Rumrunner doesn't work, use Firewater

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

And, your phone is Bell Mobility right ??

Reactions: CameronO1992

CameronO1992

Apr 24, 2014
If Rumrunner doesn't work, use Firewater

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

And, your phone is Bell Mobility right ??

Ok, firewater worked, phone is now S-OFF.

The phone is with Virgin Mobile, which I believe is the same company as Bell, I had bell's self serve app on my phone when I first got it. I also bout an old iPhone on a Bell network and it worked fine with a Virgin Sim card.

Last edited:

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Ok, firewater worked, phone is now S-OFF.

The phone is with Virgin Mobile, which I believe is the same company as Bell, I had bell's self serve app on my phone when I first got it. I also bout an old iPhone on a Bell network and it worked fine with a Virgin Sim card.

Ok, cool. Now here's the guide to going to stock:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

The 1st post is important, it gives you the list of downloads and prerequisites. READ IT A FEW TIMES VERY CAREFULLY
Then, move to post 5. The method you will be using to return to stock is the CWM NANDROID method.

Now, the RUU you will be using is this:
http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/m7-cwm-nandroid-backup-cid-bm___001-1-29-666-5-zip/

Reactions: CameronO1992

CameronO1992

Apr 24, 2014
U
Ok, cool. Now here's the guide to going to stock:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

The 1st post is important, it gives you the list of downloads and prerequisites. READ IT A FEW TIMES VERY CAREFULLY
Then, move to post 5. The method you will be using to return to stock is the CWM NANDROID method.

Now, the RUU you will be using is this:
http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/m7-cwm-nandroid-backup-cid-bm___001-1-29-666-5-zip/

Just to confirm, am I downgrading my hboot to 1.54?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts