WM 6.5 ROM Expired. Urgent help needed!

Search This thread

XoyK_Hoyn

Feb 14, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am in a serious fix ! I downloaded WM 6.5 ROM from this site about 3 months ago & installed it on my HTC Touch Pro. It worked like a charm...until this Morning. It now says " This concludes the beta test of this software release." etc....I can't connect to my phone via USB(activesync), thus I can't reload any Software onto it. I tried to Hard Reset...but the phone just restarts & goes back to this message...Is there any way of getting a ROM installed on this phone ? Any help will be greatly appreciated !

Thanks~

XoyK_Hoyn

Feb 14, 2010
Haha, no i don't have an SD card, but i solved my problem. I went to bootlog.. somehow XD. I tried many different methods, but i eventually found one that worked. Then i just Installed a new ROM. Problem solved ^^.

maxl_

May 10, 2009
same problem here - would be nice if developers mention that their software expires ;)

will now try to flash new rom too

jedigurustu

Mar 18, 2010
I have the same issue - I have an Acer neotouch and is now bricked due to expiration of windows. How do I flash another rom or re-load factoy rom? I cannot get my phone to connect to my PC.

mxbouke

Oct 29, 2009
Drachten
same problem!

I have the same problem, this night @ 00:00 it expired.
I have very valuable text files in my phone memory, really sucks.
I really need this back for my job.. Has anyone an idea of recovering the data without flashing a new rom?

And if i flash a new rom, i suppose all data @ phone memory will be lost?

Greatings Bouke

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
That's because it's May 1st everywhere, lol.

This is why you didn't want to flash (or cook) a rom with the beta version of Office 2010. Now, there's a non-time-bombed version available, and you'll need to upgrade to it. A savvy flasher will also always advance the date on a build by a few years immediately after flashing, just to see if there is a time-bomb built in. There's no one to blame but yourself if you didn't do it.

jedigurustu

Mar 18, 2010
Thats great Farmer Ted and very smug of you...however we may not all be as experienced as you and are looking for a way to resolve this issue.

btsrinath

Aug 20, 2009
ROM expired

Can we please get the steps to over come this error.
Please.....Please.....Please....

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
Thats great Farmer Ted and very smug of you...however we may not all be as experienced as you and are looking for a way to resolve this issue.

Don't get mad at me. The moment you decide to flash a custom rom to your phone, you have to take responsibility for anything and everything that happens to it. Custom roms don't come with warranties. This isn't the first time that raphael roms have expired due to time-bombs. Almost all of Monx's roms went kaplooey over a year ago. Everyone knew that office mobile 2010 was beta (and if you didn't, it's your fault). It says so right on the download on windows marketplace, and it says it would expire in the spring of 2010. A month ago, many users received messages that their roms would expire in 30 days, and there were threads about it all over the place. It shouldn't be a surprise that the early rom builds that came out with it had a hard expiration date. The problem is that the time-bomb in the early builds was in the Office package, which no one knows how to remove, whereas in the more recent builds the time-bomb is in shell, which is easily patched.

shrayans

Dec 24, 2007
Noida
Solution that worked:

Step 1. Turn Off your phone
Step 2. Turn on keeping the Power On button + Low Volume Key pressed untill you see a tricolor display showing current ROM details
Step 3. Connect the phone to PC using USB and flash using any ROM of your choice
Note: This will erase all the data on the phone.

shadow#

Feb 23, 2007
Amazon Fire TV
Anyone found a way to backup the data on the phone?
It will run some programs (Sense, some services, some apps accessible via Sense - all accessible for short times by locking, then unlocking the phone) but not connect with Activesync.
Autostart from SD does not seem to work (don't have a known working app to compare)
All I'm missing now is a way to access the internal storage.
Any ideas?

dcsmaniatico

Aug 19, 2008
can u still add app shortcuts to sense?

Anyone found a way to backup the data on the phone?
It will run some programs (Sense, some services, some apps accessible via Sense - all accessible for short times by locking, then unlocking the phone) but not connect with Activesync.
Autostart from SD does not seem to work (don't have a known working app to compare)
All I'm missing now is a way to access the internal storage.
Any ideas?

can u still add apps to sense??? add them and see if they run.....if so add total commander and pim backup and try to copy every thing to sd

lindsay68

May 2, 2010
Winmo 6.5 Rom

Can anyone tell me how to get the download to upgrade my 6.1 to 6.5 on my touch pro. Thanks

ps-xperia

May 3, 2010
Munich
WM 6.5 ROM expired

Hi Everybody,

I succeeded to flash my Samsung Omnia keeping my data under /My Storage. But all the other data lost. Here is what I have done:

1. Hard Reset: date will be set back to 20080101 (data under My Documents will be lost)

2. Flash new ROM using Samsung Modem Driver. I suggest to use ROMs from pdafanclub.com

3. I tried to restore my data/settings using Spb Backup, but many applications did not worked because of the new ROM, and my device froze continuously.

Good luck!