[ROM][IML74K] ICZen rc1.4 - Royale with Cheese - 3-24-12 [Deficient Development]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Something is definitely getting hung up.

I'm not sure how Glitch enables logging (logcat). You may need to enable the logging module via a script and reboot. I'm not too sure if the script is enabled thru ADB shell, terminal emulator, or thru the Glitch CWM Recovery menu. Maybe search for this info. Perhaps someone else here can confirm how.

Note: subZero kernel has logging built-in and enabled by default.

Once logging is enabled, you just connect your phone via USB, and in a shell (command prompt), type "adb logcat". Then, capture all the text output. You should see quite a bit of text output scrolling up the screen when the phone is in use.

There may be other methods of capturing logcat messages, too. I think there are some apps that can capture logcat output directly to a file on the phone. However, that might slow things down just a bit, or cause space problems if your SDCARD is nearly full.

MP

I think this time its safe to say its my Wifi router. Even with full signal i'm getting reduced speeds on all my devices right now, guess my phone was just the first to suffer from it.
thanks for all the help, this time it is indeed a user fault not the ROM.
Thanks again.

Br1cK'd

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
I said F@%* it and bought another vibrant!!!!B if you still around tonight, zen 1.3 from 3/7/12 test is essentially the same as 3/9/12???Cross fingies:p let me know Br1cK'd Thanks

Is yours toast, or you just couldn't wait any longer? And no sir, the test build lacked the external sd fix, use the newer one.

I think this time its safe to say its my Wifi router. Even with full signal i'm getting reduced speeds on all my devices right now, guess my phone was just the first to suffer from it.
thanks for all the help, this time it is indeed a user fault not the ROM.
Thanks again.

If there are a lot of wifi networks in your area, you should try changing the broadcast channel of your wap to one thats not in heavy use. If you install Wifi Analyzer from the market, you can see the channels of the other networks in your area, and pick a free or lightly used one.

Sent from my ICS'd Vibrant, melting all over XDA Premium

Last edited:

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Treasure Island beach, FL
Is yours toast, or you just couldn't wait any longer? And no sir, the test build lacked the external sd fix, use the newer one.

If there are a lot of wifi networks in your area, you should try changing the broadcast channel of your wap to one thats not in heavy use. If you install Wifi Analyzer from the market, you can see the channels of the other networks in your area, and pick a free or lightly used one.

The OG Vib is already giving me a bad aurora and it's not making me feel Zen-like LOL.This newer one is in pretty sweet cond(9.2/10).Thanks B dl now brotha...

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX

According to the app, There are approx. 5-8 wifi's that can be seen from my house, mine is the strongest, some disappear some appear.
The app however recommends that I move to CHANNEL 14 and i am currently on 6
How exactly would I change the channels?
This is my Routers page when I go to it, any directions?
http://oi43.tinypic.com/ne6t78.jpg

edit: alright it was located in WIRELESS SETTINGS, but it only goes up till 11, and the app keeps changing its channels too.. right now its 1,2,3

Last edited:

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
The app will base its recommendation off of the traffic its picking up. Use the channel graph view and you can see a better representation of what channels are using the most traffic. 8 is a fairly common one, moving to 11 wouldn't be a bad idea, if its more open than the 8 range.

Note, your router will probably reboot itself after you change its channel, but everything should reconnect once it comes back up. It won't effect your security settings.

Reactions: xriderx66

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
The app will base its recommendation off of the traffic its picking up. Use the channel graph view and you can see a better representation of what channels are using the most traffic. 8 is a fairly common one, moving to 11 wouldn't be a bad idea, if its more open than the 8 range.

Note, your router will probably reboot itself after you change its channel, but everything should reconnect once it comes back up. It won't effect your security settings.

8 is actually one of the LOWEST ones on there.
Highest, meaning all stars are always
1 2 3 4 14
I've switched over to 1 right now and i THINK it did the trick... it's been smooth so far. Thanks for the help bro, ill click that thanks once i have more.
Also my router didn't reboot but it did change.

JettyLife

Feb 14, 2011
Galloway, NJ
No wifi issues here. Everything is pretty smooth. Still not seeing super crazy battery as others report but not a big deal... I'll just run 3500mah when needed.
Otherwise great rom! I love the customization and the relatively frequent updates.

Vibrant powered by Ice Cream Sammich

mr_psycho

Jan 14, 2011
Dog House
According to the app, There are approx. 5-8 wifi's that can be seen from my house, mine is the strongest, some disappear some appear.
The app however recommends that I move to CHANNEL 14 and i am currently on 6
How exactly would I change the channels?
This is my Routers page when I go to it, any directions?
http://oi43.tinypic.com/ne6t78.jpg

edit: alright it was located in WIRELESS SETTINGS, but it only goes up till 11, and the app keeps changing its channels too.. right now its 1,2,3

Are you using the built-in Wifi function of a Wireless cable modem? I would actually turn that off and get a dedicated Wifi router. Also, I'd stay away from NetGear, Cisco/Linksys. I'm using a ASUS RT-N16 (DD-WRT open-source) Wifi router, and this thing rocks. Though, I did change the firmware to Tomato USB.

While there's no channel above 11 on this either, I can play with all kinds of advanced settings for boosting power, interface mitigation, etc.

All kinds of crazy features on this thing. I will never go back to a plain router again. lol

PS. Glad to see that your signal/reliability has improved with the channel change.

MP

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

No wifi issues here. Everything is pretty smooth. Still not seeing super crazy battery as others report but not a big deal... I'll just run 3500mah when needed.
Otherwise great rom! I love the customization and the relatively frequent updates.

I think the battery life depends on what is going on, and settings. You still running at 1 Ghz, SIO/Conservative? I think my best battery life came when I had lowered brightness, too. Auto-Brightness doesn't work as fast as I'd hope, and that probably contributed to my better battery life. lol

MP

mr_psycho

Jan 14, 2011
Dog House
subZero Init.d Support Currently Broken

Apologies to everyone. I apparently I broke the init.d support in subZero. I was trying to test the Lagless DataFix last night (linked several posts back) and discovered scripts in /etc/init.d weren't working.

I have resolved the issue by adding init.d support in the ramdisk. I'll release an updated kernel as soon as possible. While I'm at it, I may try to roll in a couple of kernel updates at the same time.

A note regardomg the new Lagless DataFix. It takes a couple of reboots for the fix to really settle in. One thing is certain, I'm at 145 MB free in /datadata, so this does free up space as the DataFix OP states.

Again, apologies for breaking some functionality.

MP

eric7

Jan 8, 2011
Apologies to everyone. I apparently I broke the init.d support in subZero. I was trying to test the Lagless DataFix last night (linked several posts back) and discovered scripts in /etc/init.d weren't working.

I have resolved the issue by adding init.d support in the ramdisk. I'll release an updated kernel as soon as possible. While I'm at it, I may try to roll in a couple of kernel updates at the same time.

A note regardomg the new Lagless DataFix. It takes a couple of reboots for the fix to really settle in. One thing is certain, I'm at 145 MB free in /datadata, so this does free up space as the DataFix OP states.

Again, apologies for breaking some functionality.

MP

Didn't notice at all, lol.
Me Noob

hurtz777

Feb 11, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
Xrider I have had amazing results with my Cisco E4200 v1 dual band router running the latest Tomato USB firmware. Like MP said Tomato gives you way more control of the router and it is rock solid unlike Cisco's stock firmware. In my neighborhood I am able to run 2.4ghz 40mhz dual channel bonded and I can get 10-12Mbytes/sec avg transfer rate from 40 feet and through one wall on 2.4ghz band solid. On 5ghz band I can get 15-22Mbytes/sec transfer rate. I guess our phones don't have the 5ghz band which kind of sucks but really not needed. I know the Vibrant doesn't support dual channel bonding. Like MP said stick with that Asus router with Tomato or for a little stronger 2.4ghz radio I would recommend the Linksys E4200 v1 with Tomato. Don't get the E4200v2 because it doesn't have Tomato support and it seems to be a downgrade in many ways. I didn't think I would ever buy Linksys again but this E4200 v1 is as good as it gets right now with Tomato coming from my trusty old Dlink DIR-655.

Reactions: xriderx66

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Ditto. How you gonna keep him resting?

Well, the catheter will do the dirty work (no pun intended) for the first couple of days, then I am hoping the doting eye of my mom will keep him in at least a bit of a check. The old man is 65 and still skydives and races scca, he hates to sit still, I honestly don't know what we are going to do for 6 weeks to keep him resting, it'll be a challenge thats for sure.

Reactions: Dougfresh

jgoe

Mar 5, 2011
Something has got to be wrong. I have had my phone off the charger for over 5 hours, played games, check Facebook also browsed the net and still battery is still at 100%. This rom and kernel combo are the ****!!!

You are right xriderx. Rebooted and now I have 80% which is still good.
Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Last edited:

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Something has got to be wrong. I have had my phone off the charger for over 5 hours, played games, check Facebook also browsed the net and still battery is still at 100%. This rom and kernel combo are the ****!!!

Some guy on another thread had that bug too just reboot to see the reality

Rayn1328

Oct 5, 2010
ann arbor
Well, the catheter will do the dirty work (no pun intended) for the first couple of days, then I am hoping the doting eye of my mom will keep him in at least a bit of a check. The old man is 65 and still skydives and races scca, he hates to sit still, I honestly don't know what we are going to do for 6 weeks to keep him resting, it'll be a challenge thats for sure.

My best to you and the family b. Good luck

Reactions: Br1cK'd

JettyLife

Feb 14, 2011
Galloway, NJ
Are you using the built-in Wifi function of a Wireless cable modem? I would actually turn that off and get a dedicated Wifi router. Also, I'd stay away from NetGear, Cisco/Linksys. I'm using a ASUS RT-N16 (DD-WRT open-source) Wifi router, and this thing rocks. Though, I did change the firmware to Tomato USB.

While there's no channel above 11 on this either, I can play with all kinds of advanced settings for boosting power, interface mitigation, etc.

All kinds of crazy features on this thing. I will never go back to a plain router again. lol

PS. Glad to see that your signal/reliability has improved with the channel change.

MP

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

I think the battery life depends on what is going on, and settings. You still running at 1 Ghz, SIO/Conservative? I think my best battery life came when I had lowered brightness, too. Auto-Brightness doesn't work as fast as I'd hope, and that probably contributed to my better battery life. lol

MP

I've been running lulzactive sio and low brightness. Data off. I'll take a screen shot later today and maybe wipe battery stats too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a dream, that one day my fellow brethren will be noticed and respected for their contributions.

I have a dream, that actual contributors to the community will garner a bit more respect from the mods of their respective forums.

I have a dream, that not only the community and the developers live together in harmony, but that mods (in other forums) aren't going to be total micro managing assholes going on a power trip.

I have a dream.

Oka1, you are ****ing great man, the best! But some of your fellow mods are really getting to be jackasses, and having driven one of my good friends and newly formed team mates away, I am going to follow suit.

I'm taking all my **** down from XDA, and moving to Greener Pastures.

Please, join us.
    I Have A Dream

I have a dream, that one day my fellow brethren will be noticed and respected for their contributions.

I have a dream, that actual contributors to the community will garner a bit more respect from the mods of their respective forums.

I have a dream, that not only the community and the developers live together in harmony, but that mods (in other forums) aren't going to be total micro managing assholes going on a power trip.

I have a dream.

Oka1, you are ****ing great man, the best! But some of your fellow mods are really getting to be jackasses, and having driven one of my good friends and newly formed team mates away, I am going to follow suit.

I'm taking all my **** down from XDA, and moving to Greener Pastures.

Come join us.
    Moved 10char
    OP Updated

rc1.3

-Updated to AOKP Milestone4 vibrantmtd base: http://forum.aokp.co/
    -subZero Kernel, build5 by mr_psycho: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23339985&postcount=1440
    -Updated Market to the Play Store
    -Replaced Superuser with SuperSU
    SubZero -- the first thing I thought of was that Arnold Schwarzenegger bomb "The Running Man". That was like the Mr. Freeze dude he had to open up a can on.

I still like it though.

Way to bring me down, dude! lol

Mr. Freeze is one of his worst roles. lol

MP

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Okay, folks. Just unloaded from the docks. Fresh kernel crack.

subZero v1.0 "Fatality" Build #5

Basically the same as my "unofficial" Devil v14.2 kernel. BFS, SIO/Conservative by default. Many tweaks since then, though. I'll probably make separate thread for it all.

New in this release:
    - New name. New bootsplash.
    - BLX v1 (Battery Life eXtender)
    - Fully functional CWM v5.5.0.4 with working ADB, USB, and Nandroid.

* Still no DeepIdle. I'm not convinced DeepIdle does anything for conserving battery, and may be the cause of the lockscreen issues (unresponsive, freezing, or death).

** GPS is still touch-n-go. It may work for you. It may work coming out of deep sleep for you. Or it may just be problematic, and require reboots, and other GPS tweaking.

Anyway, here it is.

Let me know if you find any bugs. I personally haven't experienced any crashing, but that doesn't mean it won't/can't crash. No kernel is perfect.

Enjoy.

MP