4.3 camera apk

Search This thread

sesstreets

Jul 23, 2012
It's not going to work on probably the vast majority of roms. I would however suggest you find the "restart camera.apk" and see if that helps. Some roms mess around with the camera a bit much and being able to restart it on command is really useful.

biyobe

Apr 29, 2011
Denver
I had the 4.2.2 camera with photosphere installed and had found that I was unable to change lockscreen wallpaper... it kept wanting to crop the phone to a square, saved it to the gallery; but would never change the lockscreen wallpaper. Once I uninstalled the newer camera it would change wallpaper without issues... hopefully 4.3 is ok there??

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

also noticed there are 2 links at the front of this thread.. one goes to "com.google.android.gallery3d.apk" and the other to "googleeditioncamera.apk" which one is the actual 4.3?

toytech85

Jan 8, 2013
What kernel are you using? Have you tried rebooting into recovery and fixing permissions?

I just recently installed Kernel 3.0.84Plasma-v1.7 yesterday and so far it seems to have fixed the camera issue, or at least im not getting the "unable to connect to camera". I flashed back to just stock CM10.1 nightlies in hopes of removing anything that might have been installed from my previous 4.3 apk. I waited a few hours and was happy that the stock CM10.1 camera and gallery were working great and felt confident in installing the 4.3 apk again. Well as soon as i did the i started having the same issues all over again. SOOO.. I recovered and as of right now ill live with the com.android.gallery3d verson 1.1.40001 gallery apk that comes with CM10.1. If anyone else has run into this same issue running on a the SCH-1605 Note 2 please let me know if you have come up with a fix or if anyone else has some better ideas than what i have tried already. Thanks for all the feedback!

Reactions: chunk49
This (and AOSP in general) camera apps are ALWAYS lacking in my eyes. They seem more built for a generic, will-work-for-all type of feature set.

Yes Photosphere is cool, and it is fun to play with, but man you lose so many different features and settings switching to this camera on AOSP. If you're on TouchWiz you'll be fine because you can always choose the stock camera app for taking real nice photos or the 4.3 camera for photosphere. But for people like me who run AOSP, these new camera apks absolutely blow. I don't know why Google would remove so many important controls like ISO, Focus mode, so many different scenes, etc. They butchered the settings and I am really disappointed. Hoping this is because it's an early build and generic as hell, because if this is the direction they're taking it I don't think I want to update :(

http://rootzwiki.com/news/_/article...-a-cutting-edge-camera-app-called-focal-r2681

Reactions: jewnersey

jewnersey

Jul 25, 2010
This has been holding me back from trying aosp but hopefully they add it this weekend and we can see some updates

simbr

Mar 26, 2013
I've yet to find any way of moving pictures between guides in the gallery as you can with the stock app, and the camera's scene mode hint texts are all in the wrong order.

PickelledEggs

Apr 15, 2013
Thank you so much for this apk! I was having issues with the other stock camera apps. This is the only one that seems to work on carbon 1.8 for me! ^_^

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

chopt51

Jun 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6a
Google Pixel 7
I've tried this camera over and over and over again. Always get unable to connect to camera on Rootbox ROM using front facing camera.

Does it take front facing pictures on other ROMs?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

stueycaster

Aug 19, 2011
Indianapolis
I've tried this camera over and over and over again. Always get unable to connect to camera on Rootbox ROM using front facing camera.

Does it take front facing pictures on other ROMs?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I'm using Tweaked VZW Remix and it works fine. In fact everything works right on this rom.

Sent from my SCH-I605 with Tweaked VZW Remix using Tapatalk 4

mysterium

Nov 28, 2012
Can't install on gb 2.3.4 :( help

Hi, This APK files didn't work on GB Android 2.3.4! I'm using HTC sensation stock rom. I have searched all over the net for different versions but none of them worked on my Gingerbread phone. But it works on my Motorola tablet very well which it has ICS 4.0!

So, Can someone please change something in the apk file to make this nice camera work on gingerbread devices???

Thanks

scoobysnack

May 31, 2007
Hi, This APK files didn't work on GB Android 2.3.4! I'm using HTC sensation stock rom. I have searched all over the net for different versions but none of them worked on my Gingerbread phone. But it works on my Motorola tablet very well which it has ICS 4.0!

So, Can someone please change something in the apk file to make this nice camera work on gingerbread devices???

Thanks

Do you have Google Play Services on your phone? You need that in order for it to launch and work properly.

mysterium

Nov 28, 2012
Google services is installed anyhow on all Android devices for anyone who wish to use any of google products (gmail, play google...etc) so yes I've all google services up to date!

The problem with apk file itself as it made to work on certain versions only

scoobysnack

May 31, 2007
Google services is installed anyhow on all Android devices for anyone who wish to use any of google products (gmail, play google...etc) so yes I've all google services up to date!

The problem with apk file itself as it made to work on certain versions only

Try this one. I had to rename it because well you know. Also I remember having to ad the lib files into the systems folder somewhere and change the values and editing your build prop.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q519qc0e11ar721/Camera.zip

Last edited:

mysterium

Nov 28, 2012
Try this one. I had to rename it because well you know. Also I remember having to ad the lib files into the systems folder somewhere and change the values and editing your build prop.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q519qc0e11ar721/Camera.zip

Sorry for the delay as I have been busy with work. I have downloaded your file and it is not working too. I think that I will have to upgrade to JB rom to be able to run this camera on my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just downloaded the 4.3 camera apk and gallery off of Droidlife and everything works even photosphere on Rootbox
    http://www.mediafire.com/?k3i4qza1cm4pcnv
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    This (and AOSP in general) camera apps are ALWAYS lacking in my eyes. They seem more built for a generic, will-work-for-all type of feature set.

Yes Photosphere is cool, and it is fun to play with, but man you lose so many different features and settings switching to this camera on AOSP. If you're on TouchWiz you'll be fine because you can always choose the stock camera app for taking real nice photos or the 4.3 camera for photosphere. But for people like me who run AOSP, these new camera apks absolutely blow. I don't know why Google would remove so many important controls like ISO, Focus mode, so many different scenes, etc. They butchered the settings and I am really disappointed. Hoping this is because it's an early build and generic as hell, because if this is the direction they're taking it I don't think I want to update :(
    How can I delete the app if I'm on TW? I don't see it anywhere using ES File Explorer.
    Menu>Settings>App Manager.

That's also a method to uninstall apps that you may have installed that were not originally downloaded from Play Store.
    Menu>Settings>App Manager.

That's also a method to uninstall apps that you may have installed that were not originally downloaded from Play Store.

Thanks, I didn't notice that the new Camera app was tied to a new Gallery app. When I uninstalled the new Gallery app, the new Camera app uninstalled with it. Weird.
    Does this one have the option to save photos in the External SD card?
    Not that I've been able to find...