Recovery says seandroid enforcing?

Search This thread

itsraining

May 15, 2014
I'm a noob to all this so I really need your help

When i try to boot up recovery I get:
Recovery is not seandroid enforcing. It starts to reboot and the same thing.

If I boot into download mode and cancel, it boots up properly.

Then when I go into ROM manager and select a different recovery like twrp (was using CWM before) and it boots I get the same message!

I'd like to be able to download roms and all that fun stuff but I'm not sure what to do. I still have SU permission
Is there anyway to flash a new recovery through Odin or factory reset the whole device and recovery?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Then when I go into ROM manager and select a different recovery like twrp (was using CWM before) and it boots I get the same message!

I'd like to be able to download roms and all that fun stuff but I'm not sure what to do. I still have SU permission
Is there anyway to flash a new recovery through Odin or factory reset the whole device and recovery?

If you are using custom kernel, it will show that. Aaanndd its normal.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kraken77

May 6, 2012
Somewhere in The Earth

It is normal to get seandroid enforcing for recovery as you changing the samsung recovery, if you want to get back to normal you can flash samsung firmware via odin, if you want to flash custom rom, flash it on ur cwm recovery. Btw did you install correct version of CWM? If its not, download correct cwm and reflash. It will be fine.

itsraining

May 15, 2014
Okay so its normal to get the seandroid enforcing but I still can't access CWM recovery.

I have some more information that might help.

I have the note 3 SM N900W8 but I got my root from the 9005 version which works great. The 900W8 root method had some bugs.

I tried reflashing root and it brought me back to the stock recovery of the 9005

Was wondering maybe I should install the 9005 CWM recovery?

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Okay so its normal to get the seandroid enforcing but I still can't access CWM recovery.

I have the note 3 SM N900W8 but I got my root from the 9005 version which works great. The 900W8 root method had some bugs.

I tried reflashing root and it brought me back to the stock recovery of the 9005

TWRP 2.7.0.0.

http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/hltecan

Latest one on the bottom.

Choose the .tar file and flash it in Odin.

Reactions: r46624

r46624

Apr 25, 2013
Still annoyed with red text......

I used towelroot on my SM-N900W8 Note 3 cuz I cont have a PC to use for Odin, and I don't have friends to borrow a laptop from... ;PP.

Anyway, after much wrestling with CWM, I tried TWRP and had success finally getting the thing to boot to recovery, and installing CM 11. HOWEVER THROUGH IT ALL, ROOT CHECKER INSISTED I DID NOT HAVE ROOT ACCESS. ??

I downloaded TWRP, and the firmware, the ROM and GAPPS and flashed the whole thing through TWRP.... all the while having no root access..... whatever.

The device works fine, but on every re-boot I still get the line "seandroid not enforcing". Also, I was playing with Ultimate Screenshot, and got the error a bunch of times that I did not have root access, despite SU, Busybox, and Titanium Backup working fine...... I dunno what is up with this ....

Should I flash another kernel???... I'm an amatuer at all this so I'm a little lost.

Thanks to all the geeks here for the great info!!!!

G

GuestK0079

I used towelroot on my SM-N900W8 Note 3 cuz I cont have a PC to use for Odin...

You won't get rid of the seandroid not enforcing, it's because of the custom recovery and it's normal.
You have to enable root access in the developers options in settings. Next time do some more reading, it won't hurt you.

Sent from my N9005

Last edited:

r46624

Apr 25, 2013
You won't get rid of the seandroid not enforcing, it's because of the custom recovery and it's normal.
You have to enable root access in the developers options in settings. Next time do some more reading, it won't hurt you.

Sent from my N9005

No that is true, more reading never hurt anyone. Of course then again neither has having manners.

Incidentally I've resolved the problem, regarding having "half root". It would appear I'll just get used to the annoying red text.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TWRP 2.7.0.0.

http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/hltecan

Latest one on the bottom.

Choose the .tar file and flash it in Odin.