which version of CWM should I install for L720?

Search This thread

ctzw

Aug 19, 2011
I recovered 4.4.2 (L720VPUFNAE_L720SPTFNAE_SPR.zip) using Odin3.09 on my L720, then rooted with CF-Auto-Root-jfltespr-jfltespr-sphl720.tar.md5. Now I could see SuperUser in my system. However, I couldn't make CWM to be installed.

I followed the instructions from "[jfltespr][jflte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch". I tried philz_touch_6.08.9-jfltespr.tar.md5, and newer philz_touch_6.43.8-jflte.tar.md5, neither worked. I holded UP+HOME+POWER, screen showed into recovery, but nothing came out, then I finally released the buttons in 5 seconds, phone restarted.

Is there anything that I missed? Any alternative recovery to CWM? Thanks.

shk12344

Mar 30, 2008
I recovered 4.4.2 (L720VPUFNAE_L720SPTFNAE_SPR.zip) using Odin3.09 on my L720, then rooted with CF-Auto-Root-jfltespr-jfltespr-sphl720.tar.md5. Now I could see SuperUser in my system. However, I couldn't make CWM to be installed.

I followed the instructions from "[jfltespr][jflte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch". I tried philz_touch_6.08.9-jfltespr.tar.md5, and newer philz_touch_6.43.8-jflte.tar.md5, neither worked. I holded UP+HOME+POWER, screen showed into recovery, but nothing came out, then I finally released the buttons in 5 seconds, phone restarted.

There is TWRP and it can be installed via GooManager app from Play Store.

Here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBQTx8FmTtk

Reactions: mxmr

mxmr

Jan 25, 2012
Wisconsin

Rom toolbox in the playstore has a similar function that allows you to flash twrp or cwm recovery images relatively easy. Or you can use odin to flash these recoveries as well. I personally prefer philz recovery, and find it easiest to flash using odin. But in terms of simplicity for a newbie, using the above post's suggestion will get you a custom recovery the most painlessly and with the least technical knowledge.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There is TWRP and it can be installed via GooManager app from Play Store.

Here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBQTx8FmTtk