Mobidapter: MicroSD to USB adapter

Search This thread

farshid.tavakoli

Feb 10, 2008
farshid.ws
This adapter can be used as an alternative for the USB-Host functionality but I was afraid the microSD part wouldn't be long enough to fit the HD2 MicroSD slot.

So I managed to get its microSD part length according to expansys' product image:

The length is only 17mm but the minimum length to get it work with HD2 must be 20.5mm. I used a calliper to measure that.

So, I was hopping anyone would come up with an idea to use this adapter with HTC HD2.

Please notice that the adapter price is £29 excluding the shipping cost so I prefer not take the risk to disassemble it for extending the microSD length if it isn't possible.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: colakiller

quasi_mojo

Feb 7, 2006
Eastbournia
a portable HDD caddy LOL

shame though, the MicroSD port wont put out 5v 500mah :(

although its probably enough to power a CF/MSproDUO/XD type of reader for example to clear some space on your digital camera card without deleting images (or simply to view them on a bigger screen :D )

humanista

Oct 5, 2008
Will I be able to play some mp3's directly from a pendrive with this device? Because I have about 25GB of music and I can't afford a 32GB microSD card.

quasi_mojo

Feb 7, 2006
Eastbournia
i THINK (i could be wrong...) a pendrive would require more nearer 5volts to work...

opened up my SDcard reader a few days ago, plugged into usb with a 2gb sdcard...it was pulling 3.4-3.6volts while accessing the card, which is damn close to the MicroSD maximum voltage...

Mantik-X

Jul 1, 2011
Nook Color option

It would be cool if someone could make a Micro SD socket adaptor (with a usb converter cable) that would allow the ability to connect to and drive a scanner and a printer. One would need the appropriate app designed for it too. A nice option for the Nook Color.

smafra

Jun 18, 2008
Rio de Janeiro
***MOD EDIT*** shows a Mobiadapter attached to a Galaxt Tab 7 tablet.. Somebody said that this doesn´t work on that Tab... What kinda of marketing.. Argh!

Last edited by a moderator:

xirsl

Apr 30, 2021
I need this product for a security research. If you happen to have one, even as used, please message me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This adapter can be used as an alternative for the USB-Host functionality but I was afraid the microSD part wouldn't be long enough to fit the HD2 MicroSD slot.

So I managed to get its microSD part length according to expansys' product image:

The length is only 17mm but the minimum length to get it work with HD2 must be 20.5mm. I used a calliper to measure that.

So, I was hopping anyone would come up with an idea to use this adapter with HTC HD2.

Please notice that the adapter price is £29 excluding the shipping cost so I prefer not take the risk to disassemble it for extending the microSD length if it isn't possible.

Thanks in advance,