[Android 2.0+, ROOT] Stay Close 2 Me (SPECIAL PRICE FOR XDA STARTING 21/2/11)

Search This thread

gorelshv

Jan 1, 2008
Requires ROOT
Android 2.0 and above.
** HTC Sense based roms are NOT supported due to changes HTC makes to the BT stack **

Stay Close 2 Me (SC2M) for Android helps to prevent your phone from being lost or stolen.
It is based on a simple principle regarding BlueTooth (BT) devices: They have very limited range.

Here's how it works: SC2M has a very simple interface; a status display and a toggle button. Hitting the toggle button will pop-up a list of all BT devices ever paired with your phone. Selecting a device prompts SC2M to start monitoring that device. Once the device gets away far enough to be out of range, about 5-10 meters, SC2M will activate a powerful alarm sound and start vibrating the phone, alerting you that the device is out of range or, alternatively, revealing your phone's whereabouts.

With SC2M it is possible, for instance to:
- Prevent phone theft/loss. Monitoring your BT headset which is placed on your ear, for example, will sound an alarm if you forgot to take the phone with you as well, or, if someone tries to steal it and by doing so will reveal the phone's location and expose the thief.
- Make sure your little child won't stray away from you in case you get distracted. By monitoring his/her phone or a little BT headset placed in his/her pocket or school-bag, SC2M will make sure to sound an alarm to let you know when your child is not close.
- Make sure you won't lose you phone on a trip outdoors.

SPECIAL PRICE FOR XDA-DEVELOPERS MEMBERS!
As an XDA-Developers forum member you can buy the software for 2$ instead of
the regular price of 5$ (60% off Android Market price):
1. Follow this link to PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4BJT49P4MFTNL
2. After you pay, write down the order number EXACTLY as it is shown.
3. Post your order number and device IMEI (Settings->About phone->Status->IMEI) on this thread or PM me.
Orders are limited to one per user and device.
4. Within 24 hours you will receive a PM with a download link.
- All future updates will be free.
- In case of need (always do a backup;)), a new copy will be sent upon request
free of charge.
- Developer Support is free as well.
- It is possible to write an inscription that will be displayed on the lower right side (see attached image):). Add the text to the order details you leave here or PM me. The text itself has a nice fade-in effect.

On Android Market

I will provide developer support here.

Attachments

• snap20110217_200512.jpg
    snap20110217_200512.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 483
  • snap20110216_070210.jpg
    snap20110216_070210.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:
W

WiredPirate

This is a good idea! I dont use paypal I will check it out in the market.

Last edited:

DevJackey

Jul 8, 2011
devjackey.wordpress.com
very nice idea!

however, is the alarm from both phone and BT device?
For the first scenario, it appears that if phone goes too far, you'll hear alarm from the headset.
For the other scenario you can put BT device on a child and the alarm will be on phone?

Is the alarm on one or both devices?

gorelshv

Jan 1, 2008
Thanks.
In both cases you will hear the alarm from the phone. That's because the alarm goes off when the distance between the phone and BT device is big enough to break the connection.