[CM7 Theme Chooser] Crispy Bread - LDPI goodness for Wildfire (RC4 - 20/3)

Search This thread

nhnt11

Sep 16, 2010
Bangalore
Wassup guys?!?

As you may know, the Wildfire has a low-res screen - with a relatively small number of pixels/inch (pixel density) - this is called low density or LDPI. However, CM7 currently uses MDPI resources - which are higher-res and are made for screens with higher pixel density.

So why should this bother you? Because these images are scaled down by the system to fit our screen - and they lose their sharpness and goodness as intended by Google, and the result is... yucky. Gradients get choppy and weird unintended colours pop up. And, the icons are small enough that due to our low pixel density, they use very few pixels and are washed out and ugly.

That's where this theme comes in. It turns out, AOSP has complete LDPI support for the main framework, so I ported those resources and resized/cropped/edited SystemUI resources to better fit our screen. Also, the icons are larger and easier/more pleasant to see on our low-res screen. Gradients are now how they were always meant to be - a smooth transition from one colour to another.

Download here.

Enjoy LDPI goodness. I doubt you won't like this if you're a fan of stock gingerbread.

What's themed
-Entire framework (dialogs, spinners, buttons, backgrounds, etc)
-Status bar icons and notification dropdown
-Settings icons
-Smooth indeterminate progress bars (stock is so choppy)
-Battery percentage / supercircle mod (separate versions)

To Install
Install apk file like normal from a file manager.
Open theme manager. Choose the one with the screenshot below for the preview, and hit Apply and then Apply anyway.
REBOOT REBOOT REBOOT to see all changes.

Attachments

• snap20110308_195206.png
    snap20110308_195206.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 10,263
  • snap20110308_195222.png
    snap20110308_195222.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 6,915
  • device.png
    device.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 5,975
  • device2.png
    device2.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 5,370
  • device1.png
    device1.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 4,083
  • preview.png
    preview.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 4,021
Last edited:

nhnt11

Sep 16, 2010
Bangalore
Changelog

1.0 RC4 [20/3] - Themed some missed out notification icons (music, gmail, email, calendar), themed music app, and music/news&weather widget backgrounds. Also some other stuff... can't remember

1.0 RC3u2 [19/3] - Crisped up the notification power widget icons.

1.0 RC3u1 [17/3] - Added themed keyboard

1.0 RC3 [17/3] - Added Cyanbread version, fixed clear notifications button, minor changes, themed phone call background. GMail show pictures button not working, got rid of ugly edges though. Coming up - themed keyboard.

1.0 RC2u2 [10/3] - fixed green progress bars (lol me)

1.0 RC2u1 [9/3] - minor update, fixed weird tabs. I think this theme is preeeety much done, unless someone finds another bug :)

1.0 RC2 [9/3] - fixed alarm icon, headset icon (why google, why have you made such a dumb one and given me extra work?), touched up the chat icon, fixed a couple bugs which i bet nobody noticed, added battery%/supercircle versions.
Files are now in my dropbox for easy uploading.

1.0 RC1 [8/3] - Initial release

Last edited:
Reactions: drelite08

-Howard-

Dec 27, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Looks great finally gingerbread icons fit for out screens :D Wish we could theme the lockcreen with the theme chooser -.- standard lockscreen not so good lmao anyway that was random :p Looks nice :D

nhnt11

Sep 16, 2010
Bangalore
Looks great finally gingerbread icons fit for out screens :D Wish we could theme the lockcreen with the theme chooser -.- standard lockscreen not so good lmao anyway that was random :p Looks nice :D

Not only icons, I ported the ldpi framework from AOSP and I'm in the process of ldpi-izing SystemUI. :D

That means pretty much anything with a gradient looks waaaay better now.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Reactions: mn78jag

kevin2516

Sep 1, 2010
Sydney
Wow nice, you are really bothered :p, maybe I should resize my stuff too

dudin03

Nov 27, 2010
I'll keep my mouth shut if you doesn't like

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA Premium App

didn't they say that a long time ago. lol
and ALSO why not make your own theme instead of complaining? And if you can't you can at least say your 'requests/suggestions' in a nice way, what you did was sooooooo demanding.
------------------------------------------------

@OP: thanks in advance for this.

Last edited:

geigi

Sep 29, 2010
When this theme is finished, it would be great if it is integrated in cm7 by default. is there a change?
EDIT:woow it is finished! Thank you!

prakka

Nov 7, 2009
Can you make an image for theme chooser because i cant see if i choose the right theme, only see a black pic also with sense theme there is no diff between sense or sense circle mod same pic in theme chooser. But the theme is much better then stock :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wassup guys?!?

As you may know, the Wildfire has a low-res screen - with a relatively small number of pixels/inch (pixel density) - this is called low density or LDPI. However, CM7 currently uses MDPI resources - which are higher-res and are made for screens with higher pixel density.

So why should this bother you? Because these images are scaled down by the system to fit our screen - and they lose their sharpness and goodness as intended by Google, and the result is... yucky. Gradients get choppy and weird unintended colours pop up. And, the icons are small enough that due to our low pixel density, they use very few pixels and are washed out and ugly.

That's where this theme comes in. It turns out, AOSP has complete LDPI support for the main framework, so I ported those resources and resized/cropped/edited SystemUI resources to better fit our screen. Also, the icons are larger and easier/more pleasant to see on our low-res screen. Gradients are now how they were always meant to be - a smooth transition from one colour to another.

Download here.

Enjoy LDPI goodness. I doubt you won't like this if you're a fan of stock gingerbread.

What's themed
    -Entire framework (dialogs, spinners, buttons, backgrounds, etc)
    -Status bar icons and notification dropdown
    -Settings icons
    -Smooth indeterminate progress bars (stock is so choppy)
    -Battery percentage / supercircle mod (separate versions)

To Install
    Install apk file like normal from a file manager.
    Open theme manager. Choose the one with the screenshot below for the preview, and hit Apply and then Apply anyway.
    REBOOT REBOOT REBOOT to see all changes.
    Dude, you work hard for the Wildfire community.
    You deserve some donations, but how?

Nah its alright... I don't really need donations. I do what I do because I love doing it :)

Update (RC2) - fixed alarm icon, headset icon (why google, why have you made such a dumb one and given me extra work?), touched up the chat icon, fixed a couple bugs which i bet nobody noticed, added battery%/supercircle versions.
    Files are now in my dropbox for easy uploading.

enjoy :)
    Silly noob question...why is there three different versions of both crispybread and crispy cyanbread?
    battery signed
    signed
    Supercircle signed?

one is normal crispybread (which u don't need), one is the same thing but for the cyanbread theme, and the supercircle one has the supercircle battery icon

Sent from my Blade using XDA App
    FINALLY got around to updating this thing and uploading cyanbread version, I was using it and I sort of forgot about you guys haha :D

anyway, quite a few lil bits have been changed, I'll add an LDPI version of the keyboard soon.

I'm basically going and theming any gradient which is blocky, so if you see anything like that anywhere in a SYSTEM app, tell me please :)