[GAME]Pizza Snake - inspired by a DOS classic (pizza worm).

Search This thread

umegastar

Nov 15, 2011
UPDATE 03 July 2014

I've rewritten the whole game, it's MUCH better now:

- ALL LEVELS ARE NOW PLAYABLE
- it's faster, more fun
- I've added leaderboards and achievements
- the start screen and Level Select menus are much more beautiful
- If your phone has a gyro sensor, the parallax effect on the start screen and level select will look fantastic. (really proud of this one)

Links to the Google Play Store:
Pizza Snake (free with ads).
Pizza Snake Pro (paid no ads).

I've also made a WebGL version that you can play on the latest Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE 11: http://www.pizzasnake.com and there's also a version for iOS

Original post:

Hi everyone, I made a game - Pizza Snake - and it would be awesome to hear some feedback.

It's inspired by a very cool MS-DOS game called Pizza Worm, made by Sami "Zorlim" Lehtinen. Some of you may have played it when young.

Watch the gameplay trailer on Youtube: Pizza Snake - Gameplay Trailer

The game is free but it doesn't have all the levels that are on the youtube trailer yet. That is because this is my first game, first android application and I don't know how any of this works so I'm in total experimentation mode.
update: There is now also a full version of the game.

I'm very nervous right now as I hope the game is working correctly everywhere and I hope people will have fun.

It would be AWESOME to hear some feedback. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

avrano1

Aug 3, 2012
You made me log into my xda account so I can say it's good. And I never log in ;) :good:

It might get boring soon but this is not your fault, it's just the game concept

Reactions: umegastar

hasanovic91

Sep 21, 2011
Munich
Well, I would really play it but there are people without wifi in the world...
sooo no google play store downloads for us :/

Kinda resembles the old 8bit snake on our old cellphones.
How about you make an old 8bit version with the rotational controls like in your video?
Would probably go really good :D (just suggestin'...)

umegastar

Nov 15, 2011

Kinda resembles the old 8bit snake on our old cellphones.
How about you make an old 8bit version with the rotational controls like in your video?
Would probably go really good :D (just suggestin'...)

Thanks, I haven't thought about it, and I'm currently doing a website for the game, and I'ts easy for me to put the .APK for people without WiFi to download, even if it's for few people because it will take just some minutes. I'll do it.

You made me log into my xda account so I can say it's good. And I never log in ;) :good:

It might get boring soon but this is not your fault, it's just the game concept

Yeah this is one of those arcade type games (one life, one goal) that isn't very deep for some people but many people love to replay it for the score and the gameplay is fun.
Kind of like Hexagon (first a flash browser game, now on iPhone, no Android yet)

Awesome ! :)
Coming soon levels look so cool

Good game \o/ . Hope to see update fast . Here is a link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inodetelic.pizzasnake
Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using xda app-developers app

Thanks everyone, you are too kind. Also thanks for posting the links :laugh:

D

Deleted member 3493119

Really good game, the quality of the game is very good, and the game is really funny to play:)
Goodluck with the further development:)

Co-Head of TDOT
-----
Sent from my Xperia Ray powered by FXP CM10 and Flykernel Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

umegastar

Nov 15, 2011
I've had people having troubles with the controls, saying it's too hard so I'm implementing an analog stick like control.
My fear is that at some points the controls (and the finger) will be over the snake and that kind of sucks.

I don't know if it will work.

darkfloo

Sep 2, 2011
An idea to improve gameplay : when you press both key the snake accelerate .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 03 July 2014

I've rewritten the whole game, it's MUCH better now:

- ALL LEVELS ARE NOW PLAYABLE
    - it's faster, more fun
    - I've added leaderboards and achievements
    - the start screen and Level Select menus are much more beautiful
    - If your phone has a gyro sensor, the parallax effect on the start screen and level select will look fantastic. (really proud of this one)

Links to the Google Play Store:
    Pizza Snake (free with ads).
    Pizza Snake Pro (paid no ads).

I've also made a WebGL version that you can play on the latest Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE 11: http://www.pizzasnake.com and there's also a version for iOS

Original post:

Hi everyone, I made a game - Pizza Snake - and it would be awesome to hear some feedback.

It's inspired by a very cool MS-DOS game called Pizza Worm, made by Sami "Zorlim" Lehtinen. Some of you may have played it when young.

Watch the gameplay trailer on Youtube: Pizza Snake - Gameplay Trailer

The game is free but it doesn't have all the levels that are on the youtube trailer yet. That is because this is my first game, first android application and I don't know how any of this works so I'm in total experimentation mode.
    update: There is now also a full version of the game.

I'm very nervous right now as I hope the game is working correctly everywhere and I hope people will have fun.

It would be AWESOME to hear some feedback. Thanks everyone!
    Thanks for installing, and sorry for not providing a link, I don't have 10 posts yet. I'm a member for 1 year now, but I lurk more than post.
    Good game \o/ . Hope to see update fast . Here is a link
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inodetelic.pizzasnake
    Thank you everyone for your kind and encouraging words!

I have put a direct link to the .APK http://www.pizzasnake.com/Pizza_Snake_1.0.2.apk for people without Google Play

I'm implementing an analog stick like control.
    This didn't work well. While on paper it sounds appealing, it's really bad in practice. I'm discarding this idea for now.

if you could sir add a level wher we can pass through the walls something like a classic mode that would be like a cherry on a cake

There are 2 new levels I am working on at the moment, and one of them is a classic mode where it's more like nibbles or the Nokia snake. Stay tuned :D

Also I have released a paid version, Pizza Snake HD with all the levels and an option to enable higher resolution graphics, but if you're getting the updates from the Play Store, you know that already.

Thank you again.
    3 of July 2014 update

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I've (almost) completely rewritten the game and now all the levels are available to play FOR FREE.

I've updated the original post with changes and more info.

:victory::victory::victory: