[ROM] B160 - New OC Kernel, Root, Wifi-tether

Search This thread

stockwell

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2007
Brisbane
I take no responsibility for any harm that comes to your phone as a result of applying this mod.

Rom based on Official B160.

Features
  • Kernel from genolokar (available here), see note 1 below for overclocking info.
  • Rooted and latest SuperUser
  • Native froyo wifi tethering
  • WyContacts 1.2 and XDA Dialer 30.1 (turn to silence, blacklist, many other features)
  • CM 6.1 Email app and wallpapers
  • Launcher Pro 0.8.5
  • Some build.prop tweaks
  • Same enhancements that are claimed for B160 (better call quality, better wireless, better camera)
  • Installation will not format /data or remove apps from /cust. For some roms (unicom in particular) this will cause problems due to some incompatibilities, and will require a factory reset to function correctly.

BIG THANKS to genokolar for creating the new kernel

Requirements
  • Clockworkmod recovery (available here)
  • Should be compatible with all rom and cust versions, though as stated some will require a factory reset. Please post your findings.

Downloads
Installation
  1. Copy update.zip to your sdcard
  2. Boot to clockworkmod recovery
  3. (Optional) Perform a full backup [see note 2]. After backing up reboot recovery (in the advanced menu)
  4. Apply update from sdcard
  5. After update is compete wipe dalvik cache (in the advanced menu)
  6. Reboot to system. First boot will be slow as it rebuilds the dalvik cache so be patient, successive boots will be back to normal.
  7. (Optional) If everything is fine delete the backup from step 3 and if you like do another backup

Notes
  1. By default the kernel is set to the default cpu governor and clock speed. If you would like to overclock I suggest using setcpu (available here)
  2. Be aware that after applying this you won't be able to restore the full backup unless you either revert to the original rom, or change the boot image. The purpose of the backup is instead to have a backup of /data just in case something goes wrong.

Last edited:

Poulsen8r

Mar 19, 2011
Great rom. My phone has no problems with 1.5ghz :p launcher pro is an awesome inclusion I l love the sideways home screen.

Sent from my IDEOS X5 using XDA App

andreasha

Apr 15, 2011
When first boot takes over 30min what do you recommend?

EDIT: Power Cycle did the trick. I did a batterystats wipe and fixed permissons before first boot maybe thats why it hanged. I upgraded from general to stockwells 136 and then this.

Last edited:

rikobiff

Mar 5, 2011
Thanks for this great ROM!
The only thing I noticed is that the camera has bad colors. Can somone confirm?

Thanks!

Sent from my IDEOS X5 using Tapatalk

iJebus

Apr 22, 2011
Perth
Market appears to be broken now.

Edit - Looks like it had more to do with my crappy internet situation at the time than anything else. Market is working.

Last edited:

levibuko

Jul 31, 2010
it often freezes now.
which cpu Frequenz is the best?

Sent from my u8800 using XDA App

blup1

Oct 18, 2010
My phone won't sleep after flashing this... Did a backup before flashing, but a restore won't help. Suggestions?

How do I go back to stock ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I take no responsibility for any harm that comes to your phone as a result of applying this mod.

Rom based on Official B160.

Features
    • Kernel from genolokar (available here), see note 1 below for overclocking info.
    • Rooted and latest SuperUser
    • Native froyo wifi tethering
    • WyContacts 1.2 and XDA Dialer 30.1 (turn to silence, blacklist, many other features)
    • CM 6.1 Email app and wallpapers
    • Launcher Pro 0.8.5
    • Some build.prop tweaks
    • Same enhancements that are claimed for B160 (better call quality, better wireless, better camera)
    • Installation will not format /data or remove apps from /cust. For some roms (unicom in particular) this will cause problems due to some incompatibilities, and will require a factory reset to function correctly.

BIG THANKS to genokolar for creating the new kernel

Requirements
    • Clockworkmod recovery (available here)
    • Should be compatible with all rom and cust versions, though as stated some will require a factory reset. Please post your findings.

Downloads
    Installation
    1. Copy update.zip to your sdcard
    2. Boot to clockworkmod recovery
    3. (Optional) Perform a full backup [see note 2]. After backing up reboot recovery (in the advanced menu)
    4. Apply update from sdcard
    5. After update is compete wipe dalvik cache (in the advanced menu)
    6. Reboot to system. First boot will be slow as it rebuilds the dalvik cache so be patient, successive boots will be back to normal.
    7. (Optional) If everything is fine delete the backup from step 3 and if you like do another backup

Notes
    1. By default the kernel is set to the default cpu governor and clock speed. If you would like to overclock I suggest using setcpu (available here)
    2. Be aware that after applying this you won't be able to restore the full backup unless you either revert to the original rom, or change the boot image. The purpose of the backup is instead to have a backup of /data just in case something goes wrong.
    same camera problem here, will a factory reset fix it,thx

Sorry, looks like I included the wrong camera libs. This should fix things up.

http://www.multiupload.com/T0VX44J523
    That's a shame, can you try deleting libswypecore.so from /system/lib ?
    To fix the terminal emulator problem you need to delete the file /system/lib/libandroidterminal2.so. I was going to include a terminal emulator in the rom but ended up not doing it and must have forgotten to remove the library.

I would suggest using adb anyway, using the terminal emulator is beyond frustrating.

Edit: that will fix the 'Jack Palevich' terminal emulator (it is better than the original one anyway).
    Fixed framework-res.apk

Here is the fix, please have a look around the interface and post if there is anything that is strange or doesn't belong.

http://www.multiupload.com/Z6P7DQVK1L