[29.03.2012][FINAL][TOOL]Boot Animation Previewer-Preview Boot Animations With Ease!

Do you want Boot Animation Previewer to be open-source?

• Yes, make it open source!

Votes: 38 95.0%
  • No, leave it closed-source.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

TpmKranz

Mar 30, 2012
Potsdam
This may happen if another user installed the program, and you don't have access to his folder. Do you have several users on your computer?

There are two user accounts on my computer - one for me (administrator) and one for my sister (normal user).
I've installed the program, of course, with my account and the folder is in my own personal folder.
BUT I have changed my user name once. I added my family name but my personal folder is still labeled with just my first name. Might this be a problem for the program? :confused:

Sent from my Desire Z using a carrier owl

kiwi_man

Mar 7, 2012
Gisborne
Black Shark 4 Pro
the programm crashes BEFORE it opens at all. and the installer just installed one folder "Boot Animation Previewer" in the windows program menu with only one shortcut "Boot Animation Previewer" linking to "Boot Animation Previewer.exe" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\D01 MicroApps\Boot Animation Previewer\", no updater thing of any kind.

the error started to show immediately after first installation and first try to start the previewer and since then came up every single time i clicked the shortcut (or the "Boot Animation Viewer.exe" directly) without exception.

hope this helps in any way, would really like to use it as intended, cause -as i said- i think it is a great help.

greetz,

sUsH667

I too am having this problem, every time I try to load the program it crashes after splash screen. I have an xp sp3 machine. Have downloaded and installed .net framework, restarted pc, run registry cleaners etc. Nothing seems to help :confused::confused:

Any ideas what could be going on?:confused:

All help greatly recieved

despotovski01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
There are two user accounts on my computer - one for me (administrator) and one for my sister (normal user).
I've installed the program, of course, with my account and the folder is in my own personal folder.
BUT I have changed my user name once. I added my family name but my personal folder is still labeled with just my first name. Might this be a problem for the program? :confused:

Sent from my Desire Z using a carrier owl

It might be the problem, but I'm not 100% sure.

I too am having this problem, every time I try to load the program it crashes after splash screen. I have an xp sp3 machine. Have downloaded and installed .net framework, restarted pc, run registry cleaners etc. Nothing seems to help :confused::confused:

Any ideas what could be going on?:confused:

All help greatly recieved

I thought I fixed that problem! :mad: Oh well, I'll have to release another small update then.
The problem is that Windows XP SP3 doesn't have a dll file needed for the extended transparency. It's only present in Windows Vista and above.

Reactions: kiwi_man

kiwi_man

Mar 7, 2012
Gisborne
Black Shark 4 Pro
It might be the problem, but I'm not 100% sure.

I thought I fixed that problem! :mad: Oh well, I'll have to release another small update then.
The problem is that Windows XP SP3 doesn't have a dll file needed for the extended transparency. It's only present in Windows Vista and above.

Ah. I saw elsewhere that someone couldn't find a DLL on xp..:confused: From what I read I can't use that DLL within xp either.

Would be great if you could release a fix/update that enables xp sp3 to use as well. Or do I hold off until u release your new software?

Thanks for getting back to me as well. :):D:):D

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
Ah. I saw elsewhere that someone couldn't find a DLL on xp..:confused: From what I read I can't use that DLL within xp either.

Would be great if you could release a fix/update that enables xp sp3 to use as well. Or do I hold off until u release your new software?

Thanks for getting back to me as well. :):D:):D

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA

I finished the update and will push it this evening. :)

madrano

Sep 24, 2010
Code:
Boot Animation Previewer encountered an error. Error message: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

starting error,
any advice ?

fresh installed framework 4

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
Code:
Boot Animation Previewer encountered an error. Error message: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

starting error,
any advice ?

fresh installed framework 4

Does the program actually start?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

madrano

Sep 24, 2010
Does the program actually start?

starting > logo showing > error

ig05mjtPWnB6V.png

Brianakin

Apr 24, 2012
DLL error using Win XP SP3

Great work on this utility! I do still get the DLL error, though, but even though I can click out of it, the splash screen gets stuck on my desktop. Any plans to continue to work on this DLL bug or do i just need to live with it?

EDIT: NVM - I just killed the BootAnimationPreviewer.exe processes in Task Manager. Problem solved.

Last edited:

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
Great work on this utility! I do still get the DLL error, though, but even though I can click out of it, the splash screen gets stuck on my desktop. Any plans to continue to work on this DLL bug or do i just need to live with it?

Yust hold on a couple weeks, as I'm working on a new, better program called Boot Animation Factory, which will combine the features of Boot Animation Previewer and Boot Animation Creator. The program is half done and still needs a lot of work. You can expect it in a couple of weeks if everything goes according to plan.
I'm sorry that I could not help you with the DLL bug. The solution is to make a new XP-only version without that DLL, but it's not worth it, that I'm about to release a new program, is it? :)

Reactions: Brianakin

Brianakin

Apr 24, 2012
Yust hold on a couple weeks, as I'm working on a new, better program called Boot Animation Factory, which will combine the features of Boot Animation Previewer and Boot Animation Creator. The program is half done and still needs a lot of work. You can expect it in a couple of weeks if everything goes according to plan.
I'm sorry that I could not help you with the DLL bug. The solution is to make a new XP-only version without that DLL, but it's not worth it, that I'm about to release a new program, is it? :)

I didn't see this reply when I edited my post, but I found a workaround. Yeah, totally not worth hassling with the XP issue if Factory is on the way. Thanks!

mekanismen

Nov 20, 2011
Los Angeles
Having the same issue on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit. The program launches, freezes at the splash screen and then the error window shows up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS PROGRAM IS OBSOLETE AND WON'T BE RECEIVING UPDATES ANYMORE. FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE, PLEASE DOWNLOAD BOOT ANIMATION FACTORY. IT'S A NEW PROGRAM THAT HAS EVERYTHING THIS PROGRAM HAS, AND MUCH MORE. THANK YOU!
    Introduction:
    Making a boot animation can be a hard job. Sometimes you'll need to preview your boot animations, but applying them on the phone can take you some time. For that reason, I've made a tutorial that will show you how to preview your boot animations on your computer without applying them on the phone. So, let's get started!

Requirements:
    -Boot Animation Previewer - Download
    -A boot animation
    -Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    -Windows XP SP3 or later (Windows 7 recommended)

Tutorial:
    0. Open Boot Animation Previewer
    Choose your method
    cap5j.png

Previewing animations from folder:
    1. Choose the folder in which your 'part' folders are
    2. Click the 'Add a loop' button to add a loop. A new window will appear. Just set the properties and click 'Add'
    cap2ur.png

*Optional: you can edit the speed of your animation by selecting the first property item and clicking on the 'Edit' button. A window will appear. Change the property and click 'Set'
    cap3m.png

3. Click 'Preview your boot animation' to preview your boot animation
    cap4s.png

4. When you're done, close the window.

Previewing boot animations from their actual format (bootanimation.zip):
    1. Click the "Choose boot animation" button and choose your boot animation
    2. Click the "Preview boot animation" button to preview your boot animation
    boot203.png

boot204.png

Video tutorial:

Note: make sure your program is always up-to-date, in order to enjoy the great new features that are going to come.

Changelog: click here!

Latest changelog:
    Code:
    v2.5.0.0 (Final)
    -Removed the option to send error report (this is the last update, therefore, I won’t support this program anymore)
    -Fixed compatibility issues with Windows XP (I really hope they’re finally fixed)

Signature Banners
    Get yourself some nice-looking Boot Animation Preview banners! Here they are:
    banner1sg.jpg

banner2wv.jpg

Here are the signature codes:
    HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18205251"][IMG]http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1793/banner1sg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18205251"][IMG]http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8657/banner2wv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

So, that was about it. I hope you enjoyed the tutorial. If I helped you, clicking the Thanks button will be greatly appreciated! ;)
    If you have anything to ask, or want to report a bug with my program, feel free to drop a comment. :)
    The last update is finally released! It only fixes the compatibility with Windows XP (XP users will get an error message though, just press OK) and removes the 'Send a feature request' feature.
    Update

Good news, guys! I released the last update for Boot Animation Previewer. This update will remove the option to send error reports, and should fix compatibility issues with Windows XP (I really, really hope so). As this program reached its final state, I would not longer provide support for it. I'm pretty satisfied with this final version, and I think to give it a break here. This doesn't mean that I will discontinue the program - it means that I won't release updates for it anymore. The main reason why I am marking this update as 'final' is that I'm going to start working on a new program (I won't name it, because I haven't come up with a good name yet) which will be a combination of Boot Animation Previewer and Boot Animation Creator, plus a lot more! That means that I'll release a final update for the Creator very soon. All in all, you don't lose anything! If you felt sad that there aren't going to be updates for the Previewer any more, don't be! There will be a new, better program combining the two masterpieces into one badass piece of software!

EDIT: Added poll on the first page.
    Update

The update is here!!! :D
    Here's the latest changelog:
    Code:
    v2.0.0.0
    -Redesigned User Interface (One-Window Interface)
    -New Previewer engines
    -No folder limitations for the ZipPreviewer
    -8 folders limitation for the FolderPreviewer
    -New Updater
    -New Updater engine
    -Notifications
    -New Settings menu
    -Ability to set the Previewer windows to set their size according to the size of the frames
    -Favorites
    -Troubleshoot (can help if you have problems)
    -Drag and Drop
    -Brand-new program icon (looks nicer and it's in better quality)

Download link: http://d01microapps.elementfx.com/Downloads/install_bootanimationpreviewer.msi

Note: If you have an older version of Boot Animation Previewer installed on your computer, you'll have to uninstall it first before installing this version.
    New video coming soon!
    I've updated my program! Now it's v1.1.0.0. Here's the changelog:
    v1.1.0.0
    -Major bug fixes
    -Performance boosts
    -Added an option to set animation speed