[ROM] DamageControl v2.09.01 | Final Sprint RUU, Deodexed | Final Hero build

Search This thread

Nak131

Oct 13, 2008
could be a coincidence but ever since the update to 2.08 people have said that when they tried to call me they got a weird message from verizon. anyone else having this issue? maybe its a temporary network issue, i dunno...

Jus10o

Mar 11, 2010
could be a coincidence but ever since the update to 2.08 people have said that when they tried to call me they got a weird message from verizon. anyone else having this issue? maybe its a temporary network issue, i dunno...

If you wiped everything data, dalvik, ext(if using a2sd).. then you shouldnt be getting anything verizon.

nbroneobi

Jan 29, 2010
not sure if anyone else has this problem but i just wiped and then flashed 2.08 and market will not work?? any ideas anyone otherwise everything works good

riggsandroid

Mar 26, 2010
Friendstream

When I used Friendstream to comment on a facebook post, the comment section gave me a funny graphic. Not a big deal, but just thought I'd mention it.
See attachment.

Nak131

Oct 13, 2008
If you wiped everything data, dalvik, ext(if using a2sd).. then you shouldnt be getting anything verizon.

i used dc updater to upgrade. i was under the impression that wipes were no longer necessary while using it. i wiped initially when dc updater started working a couple of versions ago, but you think i still need to wipe? makes dc updater a little pointless if the answer is yes...

mario23

Nov 13, 2007
South Fla
if you had any data issues what if you update vision profile in settings about phone system udapptes? we did nothing that should messs with this.

On anoher note DCUpdater should be back online. Wow that was a mess guys really, theres a search button for a reason. A search of mirror brought up atleast 3.

Damage is fixing up the issue with banned apps where it doesnt display your configuration back on reload now. Its just a visual thing, if you apply the banned app update i posted it will work fine otherwise.

As far as JIT to enable it you NEED to flash the banned apps fix first the Experimental section of DCUpdater, then go to banned apps & disable sense and save. Now turn on JIT and reboot when it asks.

And to the if you should upgrade question id say the answer is yes. Out of the box with all the tweaks it should feel faster than 07, then if you play arund with DConfig a bit you can get even more performance out of it. Check out my benchmarks in the old dconfig thread for reference ?t=670098

My bad on the Market server not working.
It was Dalvik Cache related...my fault.
tks

METHOD1911

Apr 5, 2008
help

having same problem with accounts and sync FC whats wrong should I just reflash

Sent from my HERO200 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

SirRipo

Apr 24, 2010
Fox Valley
Whenever an app (specifically drocap2) tries to access the root, SU Request comes up, stays black for a few minutes, and then it gives me an option to wait or force close. Any way around this? I assume it means I don't have root access, but I used drocap successfully prior to moving to DC 2.07.2

Last edited:

willowmp

Nov 16, 2009
I downloaded 2.08 with DCupdater and hit apply to update over 2.7.2, my phone turned off, and it will not turn on now.

My phone is plugged into my computer and is charging. The charging light is lit and when I try to turn it on it goes out then comes back but the phone doesn't turn on as if its completely drained. I did try popping the battery out.

I am just going to let it charge for a while I guess.

Edit: Never mind apparently it was completely dead. lol

terryazthompson

Nov 21, 2009
First, Thanks TrevE and Damageless, bugs i am reporting in no way dimimish my respect and thanks to you guys.

1) wipe, wipe, wipe, install, skip all, dcupdater install banned fix, dconfig to bann htc, reboot - hangs no launcher running.
...but same thing except after boot change wallpaper and no problem. You probably know this one, but test from scratch may show it happens all the time.

2) No WIFI tether app, when I try to restore it from titanium it just skips it. All other apps restore fine.

3) after initial install, awake time is NOT 100% good. After switch to JIT awake time is 100%, switch back to no JIT and awake time is still 100%. (I may have installed all my apps after the first successful test before enabling JIT) If you have not confirmed both that JIT makes awake 100% and that after then disabling JIT you are still at 100% let me know and I will start over from scratch to verify.

End result, I am now at 100% uptime and can't get it to stop?

4) can lwp.zip be incorporated into dcupdater? would that be a theme?

5) DCupdater seems to display "Force Close/Wait" window if you lose a data connection. could it be modified to handle this more gracefully?

And Now for Some benchmarks (this is with all my apps restored - sense banned - helix and a couple widgets running, otherwise stock, after boot)
With JIT enabled Neocore = 27.0 avg Linpack 3.5 avg membench high 9.09
No JIT Neocore = 27.2 avg Linpack 2.3 avg membench high 4.85

capitalf

Feb 11, 2007
Saint Louis, MO
Considering that all it does is replace the 2.08 copy of a2sd with a different one (with some fairly significant changes), how would it?

Not hard to look inside the Zip.

Look inside the Zip for what? Perhaps I'm thinking of the Software Version or something rather than Build Number.. but typically when a fix is released for an app software version reflects that to help keep track. I just wanted to confirm it's installed before I chalk my issue up to being a bug.

Issue: When I enable Launcher in banned apps my phone will no longer boot past the "quietly brilliant" screen.. even after waiting 30 mins. Tried disabling Sense and rebooting (which gives Vanilla launcher) and then enabling Launcher and rebooting. I also tried disabling Sense and enabling Launcher at the same time then rebooting.

I don't recall any mentions of launcher that mention this on 2.08.

terryazthompson

Nov 21, 2009
Look inside the Zip for what? Perhaps I'm thinking of the Software Version or something rather than Build Number.. but typically when a fix is released for an app software version reflects that to help keep track. I just wanted to confirm it's installed before I chalk my issue up to being a bug.

Issue: When I enable Launcher in banned apps my phone will no longer boot past the "quietly brilliant" screen.. even after waiting 30 mins. Tried disabling Sense and rebooting (which gives Vanilla launcher) and then enabling Launcher and rebooting. I also tried disabling Sense and enabling Launcher at the same time then rebooting.

I don't recall any mentions of launcher that mention this on 2.08.

This is because before you disable sense and eneable launcher you have to set wallpaper. I could not find work around except to flash again. If you do start over, just remember to set wallpaper first thing after it boots.

okcppcnut

Sep 13, 2008
New Clock

Anyone tried the new clock app? The weather is always showing celcius regardless of the setting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    damageless, congrats! hope you enjoying your wedding. the day goes by fast, try to take it all in and enjoy it. thanks for your work on the ROMs, i'm sure it's less-than-rewarding at times with all the attention. :)

question for anyone who can field it- 2.08 was my first encounter (just got a hero, my first android device). i upgraded to 2.08.1 with DCUpdater. should I also be able to upgrade to 2.09 with it? 'check for updates' doesn't show anything yet. if it just hasn't been updated (the 'repo' or what have you) np, just wondering if i can wait til it is or if i need to grab the zip and such.

thanks again damageless!
    I'd imagine it's theoretically possible, though I suspect the devs are missing some source code they need to make it all work together.

Like smstutler, I'm interested to see what happens when the devs finally get their hands on the source for the new kernel and can start applying some overclocking to it.

I expect the next month or two will see some nice improvements, just in time for everybody to jump ship and get an EVO. ;)

Yeah, ill be sticking around. I wanna give the EVO some time on the market first. Plus the hero is doing great and I've enjoyed learning all I have on it. Give the evo a few months, some dev work, and I'll jump ship. But for now, everything being worked on for the hero is great.

I'm gonna just test JIT out for myself, guess thats the best way to tell. I'm just a sucker for expresso.
    :)

If you guys think tonights update is good just wait. Its only been a week damage and i have been working together and already have a decent roadmap built for next version or two.

Yup. You guys have no idea what is awaiting you ahead.

Be excited.
    Hang tight guys, looks like Damageless has his mits on the sprint final release rom and is planning a release that is update-able from dcupdate for later tonight.:D:D:D:D:D
    i cant figure out to install this rom... it keep having errors

The dev dumped this rom long ago and has since dumped his evo rom.
    Find another rom.