Gingerbread 2.3 monday 12/6!!

Search This thread

ksc6000

Apr 28, 2010
Omg who the hell is still excited about this ****. Gingerbread is going to he such w huge disappointment. All it is going to be is a bunch of bug fixes and very minor features.

tommo123

May 28, 2010
Liverpool
true. i havent seen any evidence that this will be worth moving from a 2.2 rom at all. the stock launcher is still 100% balls, so no ones gonna use that over zeam, lp or adw. miui has (IMO) the best pull down menu, you can already get 'fancy' animations (bounce, flips etc etc) in roms.

what exactly will this add that's worth giving a crap about?

if it only came with an accelerated UI and nothing else, that would be huge, as huge as proper (i.e not the official) apps2sd.

so far it looks like it'll have new icons and that's about it. big whoop

gibosn6594

Jan 22, 2010
At this point, I think Google should just bite the bullet and have a Gingerbread conference, telling us the features and say that it's going to be released some point in the future.

It's lost it's shine now, people are starting to move on from the hype because they are sick of waiting and now it can be nothing other than a disappointment.

/rant/

Aug 1, 2010
As always, don't believe it until you got the OTA yourself. Just because some weirdo on Twitter or anybody else says so doesn't mean anything. And I totally agree with tommo123 and gibosn6594.

ExtraDas

Jul 2, 2010
I really don't understand what some of you are complaining about. There's never been a Google update that wasn't an improvement over the previous one in terms of performance, features, etc.

If you would like a pretty interface, do it yourself; new icons...again, do it yourself. That's the beauty and point of a dev phone like the N1.

If you want to be told what your phone should look like and act like, join the Cupertino crowd. Nothing wrong with that.

SBERG117

Mar 28, 2010
Omg who the hell is still excited about this ****. Gingerbread is going to he such w huge disappointment. All it is going to be is a bunch of bug fixes and very minor features.
Obviously your still interested...Cmon you know you are..

true. i havent seen any evidence that this will be worth moving from a 2.2 rom at all. the stock launcher is still 100% balls, so no ones gonna use that over zeam, lp or adw. miui has (IMO) the best pull down menu, you can already get 'fancy' animations (bounce, flips etc etc) in roms.

what exactly will this add that's worth giving a crap about?

if it only came with an accelerated UI and nothing else, that would be huge, as huge as proper (i.e not the official) apps2sd.

so far it looks like it'll have new icons and that's about it. big whoop
No one has seen anything yet except for a couple of minutes on a recent vid and that didnt show anything as it wasnt supposed too.
At this point, I think Google should just bite the bullet and have a Gingerbread conference, telling us the features and say that it's going to be released some point in the future.

It's lost it's shine now, people are starting to move on from the hype because they are sick of waiting and now it can be nothing other than a disappointment.

Lost its shine? Really?.......Really?..... So when it comes out your not going to load it right?

If anything to learn here is those that are first to complain will be first to download and say " I told you this was going to be awesome."

morfy50

Apr 16, 2010
I still think we won't see GB until a sale date for the Nexus S is announced. I have nothing to prove that but it appears to me, from the long wait, that Google is delaying for the S to be ready and then do a simultaneous launch.

2gooder

Apr 15, 2010
I have to agree. I was a lot more excited about this update before I started seeing the leaked videos and screenshots. Granted the 'under-the-hood' changes could be great, but I was really hoping for drastic UI improvements and so far I'm not seeing any. Installing the new Google Reader app reminded me of just how bland the user interface of android apps can be.

Could still be surprised I guess, but overall this doesn't feel like as big an update as previous ones.

I'm also starting to get bored of my Nexus One and looking at what's next and I'm getting really tired of all the manufactures throwing their own skins over out-of-date android builds. Android needs an interface that is slick enough that OEMs are happy with it as is.

gibosn6594

Jan 22, 2010
Obviously your still interested...Cmon you know you are..

No one has seen anything yet except for a couple of minutes on a recent vid and that didnt show anything as it wasnt supposed too.

Lost its shine? Really?.......Really?..... So when it comes out your not going to load it right?

If anything to learn here is those that are first to complain will be first to download and say " I told you this was going to be awesome."

You're missing the point.

Eclair~

Dec 21, 2009
I'm definitely not moving over to Gingerbread until MIUI is updated to it. There honestly seems to be no reason to. It doesn't exactly seem all that interesting..

The fact that there will be no more banding in images is a delightful upgrade, but other than that, Gingerbread is a small graphical enhancement update not worth wasting time on. Maybe once more information is revealed I will reconsider~

SBERG117

Mar 28, 2010
You're missing the point.

What point? That something that hasnt been released or fully leaked to even have a real once over has lost its shine? The fact that this thread exists is solely because it hasnt lost its shine. The fact you posted in here to say its lost its shine shows it hasnt lost its shine. So what point were you making?

pupy991

Oct 14, 2010
I have to agree. I was a lot more excited about this update before I started seeing the leaked videos and screenshots. Granted the 'under-the-hood' changes could be great, but I was really hoping for drastic UI improvements and so far I'm not seeing any. Installing the new Google Reader app reminded me of just how bland the user interface of android apps can be.

Could still be surprised I guess, but overall this doesn't feel like as big an update as previous ones.

I'm also starting to get bored of my Nexus One and looking at what's next and I'm getting really tired of all the manufactures throwing their own skins over out-of-date android builds. Android needs an interface that is slick enough that OEMs are happy with it as is.

Google did not post a complete changelog yet so noone really knows which new features will come with Gingerbread.

The only thing Google really announced is that there will be some minor cosmetic changes made to the UI, so I really don't understand why so many people are now, as there are only few pictures of Gingerbread leaked, crying about the 'only' minor changes that were made to the UI, although this is just what Google announced...

I myself think that there will be some surprises, I just can't believe that Google would made such a secret about Gingerbread if there were so small changes.

However Google's Android updates actually always were quite useful.

izmar

Jan 31, 2010
Oregon
What I don't understand is why it is taking so long to release the update if the changes are alledgedy minor.