How to get Recovery/Download modes
Of so after much trail and error here is the process to get to them.
1. With the gear on press and hold the power button until gear screen goes black.
2. Once the reboot screen appears press the power button 5 times with about a second interval between each press.
3. You will then be presented with the following three options: continue/download/recovery
4. Pressing the power button will cycle through the options.
5. Leaving it on the options or pressing the power button for 3 seconds will select the option picked.
NOTE: My experience so far download works like the phones, but be warned if recovery is chosen it will say "installing update" after which it will reboot to factory defaults. So that means all will be deleted and you will be presented with a fresh gear.
Hope that helps everyone especially devs. Hopefully getting some cool new things on our gear.
If this info helped leave me a thanks and pass the work. Glad I could have helped.
Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app