Free UNLOCK Note2

Search This thread

SkipStein

Apr 15, 2010
No Joy

I've tried this over and over, no joy. When I get to that Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF, it goes to the next screen and says 'SHA256_Enable_FLAG[0]
SHA256_OFF=> Not Change
When I wait 30+ seconds and go back, the option #4 mentioned does NOT show up!

I've got the unlock code from T-Mobile but that doesn't work either. Hell, they even sent me a replacement Note 2 and it does the same thing. I've even rolled back the Android OS from 4.1.2 to 4.1.1 on the replacement phone as one site suggested and STILL neither phone will unlock. I have to DIFFERENT unlock codes based in the individual IMEI codes and STILL neither will unlock.

I don't believe I have two defective Samsung Note 2's.

I called Samsung and went to the top level support Ticket# 2118850413 and THEY said that I needed a code from the new sim card carrier, well I know that this is a bald faced lie or she was dumb as a rock. I was also told by the new carrier (Consumer Cellular) that I needed TWO codes, the SIM unlock and an APN Unlock code.

I can't get a straight answer from anyone. Just how DOES this **** actually work? Unlock from a carrier lock with SIM card or data with APN I have no idea. I've been in the IT business for 40 years and mainframes and OS's were a piece of cake compared to this.

Love for anyone to help. I am so over this crap. Below is my personal email and cell phone number (while it works), I am asking for anyone to help!

Cheers,

Skip Stein
Management Systems Consulting, Inc.
skipstein@msc-inc.net
407-683-6816

Copied from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34661189&postcount=1

Hi guys, you can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu. [Also works with N7100 and some Galaxy S3 (SIII) variants - NOT ALL]

=======================================

Before doing the instructions below, please double check your phone that it is actually LOCKED by inserting a sim card from a different carrier/provider...

Quote:
Unlock your N7105:
Note: your phone must be running at least Jelly Bean 4.1 otherwise some of the menu choices are not present

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

To test, just insert a sim card from a different carrier/provider. If the new sim card works then your phone is now unlocked.

I have done this to my other Note 2 N7105 originally locked to Orange.....

========================================

Do this procedure AT YOUR OWN RISK

To those who were able to unlock their phone with the method above, can you please post in the thread and let us know which phone model (N7100 or N7105) you have, Country and Network/Carrier your phone was locked to...... and if I have saved you some cash, please click the Thanks button or the Donate button on the left just below my name to buy me a can/bottle of Heinekken, Quilmes, Budweiser, Fosters, Tiger, Stella Artois, or San Miguel ...

I have mentioned in my old thread that there was a pop up message that says "Conditional call forwarding active" everytime I make a phone call using another SIm card that the phone was not able to use before unlocking.

I can confirm that this was due to my Sim card. It is a very old O2 sim card that I have used for years. I have tried that Sim card on another factory unlocked phone (Galaxy i8160 bought from P4u) and it had the same message.

gupter

Jul 6, 2010
The feature to unlock your phone for free was removed with the ucamc3 update because this menu item was removed:
[4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ

Could someone verify if you are already unlocked before the update did it stick?

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
The feature to unlock your phone for free was removed with the ucamc3 update because this menu item was removed:
[4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ

Could someone verify if you are already unlocked before the update did it stick?

You can just downgrade the modem and the option will show back up for you. Fyi
:):)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

tosh1

Jan 16, 2009
Can you unblock it then flassh new modem.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
that what i did
i can confirm the unlock is working

Thanx for the confirmation, that it works that WAY.. :thumbup::thumbup::D

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Can you unblock it then flassh new modem.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

Yes after you UNLOCK with older modem!. Then you can just flash back the new modem, and it'll b permanently unlocked 4u.

Just my 2¢®

PrinceMS

Jan 10, 2008
Toronto
Confirmed - It works - but you have to have 4.1.1 modem.

I had 4.1.2 and it will not work. The [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ option will not show up (i tried couple of times with 4.1.2).

Then rooted my note II (i317M-Rogers). Flashed modem only with TWRP. Went into the option and BOOM #4 option already there - click it directly. I went to #3 while waiting a min and it showed me status that it is PROCESSING and then changed it to SUCCESSFUL. And tested it with another sim and before I was getting unlock code screen. Now sweet smell of success :)

dj_m

Confirmed - It works - but you have to have 4.1.1 modem.

I had 4.1.2 and it will not work. The [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ option will not show up (i tried couple of times with 4.1.2).

Then rooted my note II (i317M-Rogers). Flashed modem only with TWRP. Went into the option and BOOM #4 option already there - click it directly. I went to #3 while waiting a min and it showed me status that it is PROCESSING and then changed it to SUCCESSFUL. And tested it with another sim and before I was getting unlock code screen. Now sweet smell of success :)
this should be in OP

Deevusone

Aug 22, 2012
Is there a sticky somewhere that shows detailed step by step instructions on how to flash just the modem back to 4.1.1 and then back to 4.1.2, without losing data on the phone?

nadeembari

May 29, 2013
My phone is not working

I did it with my Samsung Note II LTE, its locked by orange, EE in United Kingdom. What problem I face when I go to debug mode and go to network lock option, I just have three options. There is no option like this [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ.

Any solutions please....

Hi guys, you can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu. [Also works with N7100 and some Galaxy S3 (SIII) variants - NOT ALL]

Before doing the instructions below, please double check your phone that it is actually LOCKED by inserting a sim card from a different carrier/provider...

Quote:
Unlock your N7105:
Note: your phone must be running at least Jelly Bean 4.1 otherwise some of the menu choices are not present

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

To test, just insert a sim card from a different carrier/provider. If the new sim card works then your phone is now unlocked.

To those who were able to unlock their phone with the method above, can you please post in the thread and let us know which phone model (N7100 or N7105) you have, Country and Network/Carrier your phone was locked to...... and if I have saved you some cash, please click the Thanks button or the Donate button on the left just below my name to buy me a can/bottle of Heinekken, Quilmes, Budweiser, Fosters, Tiger, Stella Artois, or San Miguel ...

I have mentioned in my old thread that there was a pop up message that says "Conditional call forwarding active" everytime I make a phone call using another SIm card that the phone was not able to use before unlocking.

I can confirm that this was due to my Sim card. It is a very old O2 sim card that I have used for years. I have tried that Sim card on another factory unlocked phone (Galaxy i8160 bought from P4u) and it had the same message.

dj_m

Is there a sticky somewhere that shows detailed step by step instructions on how to flash just the modem back to 4.1.1 and then back to 4.1.2, without losing data on the phone?
its easy
1-root your phone if its not rooted
2-find a 4.1.1 modem suitable for your device (easy to find)
3-flash it via cwm
4-follow the rest of the unlocking guide
5*optional*-reflash a newer modem or an custom rom

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Just a fiy law was just accepted .. In Canada starting DEC 2nd 2013 after 90 days under contract free unlock from your provider

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Reactions: crixley

krisstyle007

Jun 5, 2013
AT&T Sim works phone unlocked!

I did this back in Dec never got around to testing it till now since I could not use my Canadian factory unlocked iPhone 4S with AT&T?? So prior to going to Walden Galariea to get apple to get it to work stuck Sim in my Note and my AT&T line worked so no need to have 4S I just use my Canadian Telus Note 2 when traveling to USA! Model is SGH-1317M thanks this code worked mint and saved me allot of headache with carrying 2 phones when traveling.

P.S when I originally did the steps and went through the menu's I noticed once I rebooted and tried to do it a 2nd time to make sure I did it the menu choice were not the same in the final steps. So I would think this is a sign that it was done correct?

eltee38

Jun 5, 2013
I used this code on a rogers model to use on Telus. Now I'm getting terrible reception. Anyone else have the same issue?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

extremetrader

Jun 8, 2013
Hi All,

I have just got a N7105 locked to 3 in the UK. It is on 4.1.2 and does not have menu option when I hit the back key to initialise. When I search sammobile I don't see any previous 4.1.1 versions for this phone on 3 (H3G).

Can I flash it to the samsung stock 4.1.1 and remove the bloatware or will that brick the phone and make the modem and phone unusable?

I see on other sites instructions for upgrading firmware to 4.1.1 from older versions but they say make sure the device is already unlocked. Sort of negates the point of downgrading it to unlock. Any ideas where I can find a version 4.1.1 suitable for Kies and the 3 network without bricking the phone as I'm a complete novice at this.

Also I read that to unlock all I need to really do is downgrade the modem. Being a complete technophobe and not wanting to brick the device does anyone have any clear instructions on which modem I need, where I can download it and what software etc i need to change it?

Any advice or help appreciated. THANKS!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Quote:
    Unlock your N7105:

The information in this thread is now illegal.

Thanks for digging this long buried thread up just to tell us that...?
    does not work on bell note 2 after the update to 4.1.2 should have done this sooner i guess.

Best thing to do is, go to ODIN flash the original 4.1.1 stock with supersu if you want. And then try the unlock code, and then unlock it, and then re-update the software with ODIN again to 4.1.2 or over OTA. Best part of linux is you can always downgrade and upgrade.
    The information in this thread is now illegal.

Wrong. Illegal my butt. I paid full price for mine and will do as I please. Many here have done the same. Don't be spreading the wrong information
    I get "connection problem or invalid MMI code" on my AT&T I317.

You might have to be on a touchwiz based ROM. I remember from my Galaxy S/Note1 days that the samsung service codes don't work on CM ROMs. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.

I'm on TELUS I317MVLALJ2/CLEANROM ACE 4.0.5 and it worked great. Tested with a ROGERS SIM.