[Q] Can't install ROMs

Search This thread

gunlok

Mar 15, 2008
Hi,
I've been using the same old rom for a year or so (slim rom or sth). Lately i tried updating it to something else, but I get this when I start installing rom in TWRP: Error executing updater binary in zip (...). It works the same way every rom i tried.
UPDATE:
Kinda looks like i can install slim rom 4.3 (so i suppose i could install any 4.3), but none of 4.4 works.
Best regards.

Tried to flash CWM recovery from rommanager app, but it said "Failed to flash recovery...".

please help :(

Last edited:

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai
Download latest recovery from http://xdaforums.com/nexus-s/development/crespo-philz-touch-t2284670

Then try to flash the ROM. It seems your recovery is very old.

Hi,
I've been using the same old rom for a year or so (slim rom or sth). Lately i tried updating it to something else, but I get this when I start installing rom in TWRP: Error executing updater binary in zip (...). It works the same way every rom i tried.
UPDATE:
Kinda looks like i can install slim rom 4.3 (so i suppose i could install any 4.3), but none of 4.4 works.
Best regards.

Tried to flash CWM recovery from rommanager app, but it said "Failed to flash recovery...".

Reactions: gunlok

driverless

May 29, 2014
Male'
Hi,
UPDATE:
Best regards.

@smit.sanghavi is right.

You need KitKat compatible Recovery. Update your recovery and then try to flash the ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: gunlok

gunlok

Mar 15, 2008
K guys, wanted to try all you said, but there's another problem.

I discovered my nexus isn't rooted. Bootloader unlocked, but any root checker says its unrooted (of course it was before...). So I'm trying to reroot it but when im connecting my phone via usb in bootloader windows 7 doesn't recognize the device. When the phone is connected in recovery or in normal usb debugging mode it recognizes it as adb android, looks good to me. I go back to booloader and i get "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" in Devices.
Installed the drivers on few different ways.
So.... what now ?

UPDATE: solved

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download latest recovery from http://xdaforums.com/nexus-s/development/crespo-philz-touch-t2284670

Then try to flash the ROM. It seems your recovery is very old.

Hi,
    UPDATE:
    Best regards.

Hi,
    UPDATE:
    Best regards.

@smit.sanghavi is right.

You need KitKat compatible Recovery. Update your recovery and then try to flash the ROM.