[Q] Ainol Eternal/Captain battery not charging

Search This thread

dreamerman

Apr 14, 2010
My tablet works fine with wall charger but does not charge the battery. The battery remains at 0% at all time. The tablet used to work as it should in the first week. Then suddenly the battery goes flat 0% and refuse to charge. From posts in various forums, the cause could be loose battery connections or under performing wall charger.

I cracked open the tablet and all its innards seems to be buttoned down tight. No loose connections or loose soldering. The battery wires connecting to the board seems to be fine and fitted tightly.

I used a multimeter to test the DC wall charger. Specs of the wall charger are Output: 5V 3.0A Input: 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.5A. I am not sure how to read the meter but I thought it showed 4.8v instead of at least 5.0v? Could this be the reason why my battery won't charge?

Can anyone with experience give some thoughts? Many thanks.

Update: SOLVED.

Attachments

• Meter.jpg
    Meter.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 361
  • Tablet4.jpg
    Tablet4.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 409
  • Tablet2.jpg
    Tablet2.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 390
  • Tablet3.jpg
    Tablet3.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:

jyubai

Feb 13, 2014
Same / similar problem

HI ,

I noticed your post a weeks back and have been waiting for some one to post a solution.
I too have a malfunctioning Captain and have like you pulled it apart, installed new software and scanned the net for months hoping for a solution.
I purchased a new 5V3A charger but that is barely getting the battery icon on.

I have read somewhere that a min. of 12V3A is required to charge the battery. Could you confirm?

I guess the easiest thing is to ask if you could post your solution.

Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks..

My tablet works fine with wall charger but does not charge the battery. The battery remains at 0% at all time. The tablet used to work as it should in the first week. Then suddenly the battery goes flat 0% and refuse to charge. From posts in various forums, the cause could be loose battery connections or under performing wall charger.

I cracked open the tablet and all its innards seems to be buttoned down tight. No loose connections or loose soldering. The battery wires connecting to the board seems to be fine and fitted tightly.

I used a multimeter to test the DC wall charger. Specs of the wall charger are Output: 5V 3.0A Input: 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.5A. I am not sure how to read the meter but I thought it showed 4.8v instead of at least 5.0v? Could this be the reason why my battery won't charge?

Can anyone with experience give some thoughts? Many thanks.

Update: SOLVED.