[Q] Device Brick!!! HELP!

Search This thread

Chubby_Skunk

Apr 18, 2011
Seattle, WA
I think I bricked my phone.... :'(

I was running Android Rev 61.1 and then my screen started to flash and then it would reboot. It kept doing it and so then I decided to try to wipe my phone and install Android Rev 6.1 GE and then it would get to the "pick a language screen" and then after 2 or so seconds it would shut the screen down and if I press the lock button then it would reboot.

I went to format my storage and then (like a complete IDIOT) I formatted the whole thing causing me to lose all my ROMs on the internal storage.

Now I can't put any ROMs on it cause the only place that I can access without it rebooting is the TWRP recovery.

I'm soooo stupid....

idk the ROM was really messed up..

Any way to load a ROM onto my phone (like CM) while I'm in recovery?

I am trying the Android Revolution method.

I have the mini-sdk downloaded and put on my c:\ drive. I download the HTC Sync Manager to get the drivers and after that I run the cmd.exe in the mini-sdk folder. When I type in adb shell it puts out the line ~ # ←[6n

What do I do then?

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Adb push or adb sideload is your friend. Plenty of guides on such things

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Agil1ty

Jan 3, 2010
Drachten
OnePlus 7 Pro

Happened to me two weeks ago, and like you I panicked :) best thing to do is go into TWRP, and in advanced settings turn ADB sideload. Now open the latest fastboot in cmd (you need the newest, else it wont work). and type "adb push rom.zip /sdcard/" (without the " ofcourse)

rom.zip is the rom name and should be in the fastboot folder.

adb will sideload a filename called sideload.zip to the root of your phone.. You can install this like any regular rom :)

Reactions: Roma80

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Happened to me two weeks ago, and like you I panicked :) best thing to do is go into TWRP, and in advanced settings turn ADB sideload. Now open the latest fastboot in cmd (you need the newest, else it wont work). and type "adb push rom.zip /sdcard/" (without the " ofcourse)

rom.zip is the rom name and should be in the fastboot folder.

adb will sideload a filename called sideload.zip to the root of your phone.. You can install this like any regular rom :)